Camp Season over..

I am super excited for lashlee and king. I think pope will have a breakout year. Can’t wait to watch the freshman RBs. There’s a lot to be excited about. I just wish we had spring camp, and I’d sound a lot more optimistic if we did.

As an aside, this take isn’t just canes related; The teams with the most returning production and coaching stability should theoretically be in the best position to succeed, especially early in the season. We don’t fall into that boat.
So you agree with the cautious optimism.

Don't think we are there with the big dogs just yet and the first thing is the team needs to learn how to win. Toward the end of the year the team just seemed to be putting their time in and they didn't care either way. Whose fault? Can always point fingers I guess but we aren't in the locker room.

Although optimistic, I am fine with any record on the positive side where we beat the teams we are supposed to beat and stay competitive regardless of how good the competition is. If we do that we have something to build on and with how recruiting is going that is a great thing. JMO.

Advertisement
UAB - Close W
@UL - L
FSU - Tossup
@Clemson - L
Pitt - tossup
UVA - tossup
@NCST - Win
@VT - tossup
GT - W
@WF - tossup
UNC - L

4 W - 3L - 4?

5-6 or 7-4

Wanna be wrong.

UAB - Close W
@UL - L
FSU - Tossup
@Clemson - L
Pitt - tossup
UVA - tossup
@NCST - Win
@VT - tossup
GT - W
@WF - tossup
UNC - L

4 W - 3L - 4?

5-6 or 7-4

Wanna be wrong.

Oh No What GIF by Identity

Advertisement
So you agree with the cautious optimism.

Don't think we are there with the big dogs just yet and the first thing is the team needs to learn how to win. Toward the end of the year the team just seemed to be putting their time in and they didn't care either way. Whose fault? Can always point fingers I guess but we aren't in the locker room.

Although optimistic, I am fine with any record on the positive side where we beat the teams we are supposed to beat and stay competitive regardless of how good the competition is. If we do that we have something to build on and with how recruiting is going that is a great thing. JMO.
I do agree with the cautious optimism, and I also agree with the often-stated take that this is a Canes fan site so people should be, or have the right to be, optimistic. That's all fine, but in my experience, it's the same guys that predict 11-0 that are calling for banners for fly after the 2nd loss. If you set realistic expectations, you won't be (as) let down.

Some of the stuff I would look for are false start penalties with the uptempo offense (notice Manny stressed that there were no/very few penalties after the first scrimmage), QB & WR not being on the same page on option routes, conditioning on both sides of the ball (90 plays is no joke in the Miami heat). Those are some examples of things that spring ball would have helped with immensely.

UAB - Close W
@UL - L
FSU - Tossup
@Clemson - L
Pitt - tossup
UVA - tossup
@NCST - Win
@VT - tossup
GT - W
@WF - tossup
UNC - L

4 W - 3L - 4?

5-6 or 7-4

Wanna be wrong.
UAB - W
@UL - Tossup; lean win
FSU - W
@Clemson - L
Pitt - tossup; lean win
UVA - W
@NCST - W
@VT - tossup; lean loss
GT - W
@WF - tossup; lean win
UNC - tossup

My money would be on 8-3

I am super excited for lashlee and king. I think pope will have a breakout year. Can’t wait to watch the freshman RBs. There’s a lot to be excited about. I just wish we had spring camp, and I’d sound a lot more optimistic if we did.

As an aside, this take isn’t just canes related; The teams with the most returning production and coaching stability should theoretically be in the best position to succeed, especially early in the season. We don’t fall into that boat.

(I'm not suggesting we lost to UAB, but I'm also not convinced that we blow them out. They also play Central Arkansas this week so they get to see live bullets before we do. We are superior athletically, but at a competitive disadvantage due to the Covid/circumstances.)

Advertisement
Based on over a decades worth of data. I predicted we would lose to teams we shouldnt have last year and...wouldn't you know it? We sure did, despite a definitve victory over FSU and Louisville. Yes, people hated our play calling the season before and with Tate transferring and Williams stepping up the season was supposed to be rosy. Enos had introduced motion and our O would be propelled into the 21st century!

but this year is different. :-/
nah--I already acknowledged all that.

come again...

Last edited:
Imo, we fall some where in between last year's reality and the yearly expectations of a Canes football team. I was thinking 8-3 but Borregales has me confident we end up 9-2. For those that believe you can turn a hoe into a house wife . It still don't happen overnight.
But without being said. I go into every game expecting to win. 🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
We might, but I would also see us falling to more than 1 team we should not.
Unfortunately the coach still has some hardknock lessons to learn. It's part of the growth process. It'll be great if he shortens that learning curve. That means good times.

Advertisement
QB King I Perry
WR Harley I Restrepo
WR Pope I Payton
WR Wiggins I Smith
TE Jordan I Mallory
LT Campbell I Nelson
LG Traore I Rivers
C Gaynor I Clark
RG Scaife I Reed
RT Williams I Herbert

DE Roche I Harvey
DT Silvera I Hunte
DT Ford I Miller
DE Phillips I Chantz
LB McCloud I Huff
LB Jennings I Brooks
DB Frierson I Smith
CB Blades I Williams
CB Ivey I Couch
SS Bolden I Carter
FS Hall I Balom

Lotta youth on the 2nd team defense but we have the tools, we have the talent!
It's Milla time!

How about YOU come again…
Nah...That was before last season even started, girlfriend. We were 8-1 before losing badly to UNC and OKSt. in the bowl game.

You made a generic statement before the season started LAST YEAR without any real rationale and then tried to regurgitate the hyperbole you've read on the site. All you had to say was our coaching sucks and you don't have confidence in the staff.

No Way Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back