Camp Season over..

Advertisement
Peeps, Manny was not some fantastic head coach last year, only to be overshadowed by Enos. He was still the head coach and he wasn’t very good at it. Did he somehow become great between our debacle of a last game and now? The head coach matters, I don’t care if you have Brady at qb. A better qb and offensive coordinator are welcome, but let’s not start pulling each others puds that Manny is out game planning Clemson. Every year this place does the same thing.
he'll be judged on the performance of the defense, IMO. if "loud noises" and "unwavering violence" comes back everything else will take care of itself. Don't underestimate the impact of Ed Reed's experience and support on the program, and Manny in particular; I'll be curious to see his gameday role.

QB King I Perry
WR Harley I Restrepo
WR Pope I Payton
WR Wiggins I Smith
TE Jordan I Mallory
LT Campbell I Nelson
LG Traore I Rivers
C Gaynor I Clark
RG Scaife I Reed
RT Williams I Herbert

DE Roche I Harvey
DT Silvera I Hunte
DT Ford I Miller
DE Phillips I Chantz
LB McCloud I Huff
LB Jennings I Brooks
DB Frierson I Smith
CB Blades I Williams
CB Ivey I Couch
SS Bolden I Carter
FS Hall I Balom

Lotta youth on the 2nd team defense but we have the tools, we have the talent!

9-2. Loss at Clemson and one mid-season game TBD. Once the offense gels the Canes roll to an ACC Coastal title and ACCCG rematch with Clemson.
I understood it that this season there is no Atlantic nor Coastal titles. Just top 2 teams play in Charlotte

QB King I Perry
WR Harley I Restrepo
WR Pope I Payton
WR Wiggins I Smith
TE Jordan I Mallory
LT Campbell I Nelson
LG Traore I Rivers
C Gaynor I Clark
RG Scaife I Reed
RT Williams I Herbert

DE Roche I Harvey
DT Silvera I Hunte
DT Ford I Miller
DE Phillips I Chantz
LB McCloud I Huff
LB Jennings I Brooks
DB Frierson I Smith
CB Blades I Williams
CB Ivey I Couch
SS Bolden I Carter
FS Hall I Balom

Depth suspect at a fe positions but we got some young dawgs that’s focused.
This team is talented man!

Advertisement
I don't know why but I know we have the talent! I'm gonna say we play a game like Norte Dame a couple years ago and the ball just rolls our way that day! This offence with south Florida talent is going to be night and day! Our D was constantly put in 3 and outs and terrible field position and still did there thin I think the scheme and talent will put us in top 25 and I really think it will be better than that with our running game. Our D has the talent to be top 15 again too! We definitely gonna be faster and that could turn out being dangerous for oppnents. We are going to shock people! *** Clemson and Sunshine!
Based on current power ratings, Clemson will likely be around a 28 point favorite. I’m all for optimism, but I was also in Charlotte at the ACCCG a few years ago.

Advertisement
Based on current power ratings, Clemson will likely be around a 28 point favorite. I’m all for optimism, but I was also in Charlotte at the ACCCG a few years ago.
we're a lot better at QB and overall. Plus we were down our top 3 offensive players with Rosier at qb

we're a lot better at QB and overall. Plus we were down our top 3 offensive players with Rosier at qb
They’ve recruited at an elite level for years, and have a generational talent at QB. You can make an argument that we can win every other game on the schedule (we won’t), but a healthy Clemson team eats our lunch.

Im also just concerned about having a new QB and OC that didn’t have spring practice. Even if there was a spring camp, new OC/QB traditionally isn’t a wining recipe in year 1. Look at the posts from last August... Enos was gonna turn the whole program around. I want to be optimistic, but I need to see it on the field first.

QB King I Perry
WR Harley I Restrepo
WR Pope I Payton
WR Wiggins I Smith
TE Jordan I Mallory
LT Campbell I Nelson
LG Traore I Rivers
C Gaynor I Clark
RG Scaife I Reed
RT Williams I Herbert

DE Roche I Harvey
DT Silvera I Hunte
DT Ford I Miller
DE Phillips I Chantz
LB McCloud I Huff
LB Jennings I Brooks
DB Frierson I Smith
CB Blades I Williams
CB Ivey I Couch
SS Bolden I Carter
FS Hall I Balom

Rok,

That is exactly the same depth chart that I came up with with only a few minor differences. I have Chanz Williams behind Roche and Harvey behind Phillips plus I have Bolden at FS and Hall at SS. Also my RB depth is Cam>Rooster>Chaney.

Last edited:
Advertisement
based on what?

Our QB play has been atrocious the last several years and it--far too often--has been a limiting factor to success, but each game (fingers crossed) King will be the best playmaker on the field and he'll touch the ball every snap.

What part of the this season's team and staff gives you that impression?
Based on over a decades worth of data. I predicted we would lose to teams we shouldnt have last year and...wouldn't you know it? We sure did, despite a definitve victory over FSU and Louisville. Yes, people hated our play calling the season before and with Tate transferring and Williams stepping up the season was supposed to be rosy. Enos had introduced motion and our O would be propelled into the 21st century!

but this year is different. :-/

Okay, i think you’re right. In that case a 1vs2 rematch with Clemson for the ACC.
Unfortunately the cucks that run the ACC have given ND a free pass at having a path to the ACC title. So even the 2 seed is a long shot.

Who will be the best player on the field when we play Clemson?

Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
D’Eriq King
Brevin Jordan
Quincy Roche
Tyler Davis
Darion Kendrick

Advertisement
They’ve recruited at an elite level for years, and have a generational talent at QB. You can make an argument that we can win every other game on the schedule (we won’t), but a healthy Clemson team eats our lunch.

Im also just concerned about having a new QB and OC that didn’t have spring practice. Even if there was a spring camp, new OC/QB traditionally isn’t a wining recipe in year 1. Look at the posts from last August... Enos was gonna turn the whole program around. I want to be optimistic, but I need to see it on the field first.
Fair point, just try not to sound so much like a Clemson fan.

You're applying a heavy dose of reality, but to your point about Enos, Lashlee has a much better track record that Enos.

Cautious optimism is never unwarranted, especially given our history.

You're applying a heavy dose of reality, but to your point about Enos, Lashlee has a much better track record that Enos.

Cautious optimism is never unwarranted, especially given our history.
I am super excited for lashlee and king. I think pope will have a breakout year. Can’t wait to watch the freshman RBs. There’s a lot to be excited about. I just wish we had spring camp, and I’d sound a lot more optimistic if we did.

As an aside, this take isn’t just canes related; The teams with the most returning production and coaching stability should theoretically be in the best position to succeed, especially early in the season. We don’t fall into that boat.

Advertisement
Back