Camp Report Day 5: Donk Dugans

Lewis is the board's new Herb Waters. He had a nice play against Boston College as a freshman four years ago, so now he's a superstar.

I don't think that's fair. Maybe we are rooting for the kid after his devastating injury. Showed a ton of potential early on. Went to high school a mile from the stadium. Herb Waters had the talent but underachieved for nearly 3 years. Don't see the correlation.

Advertisement
Not gunna lie, Our players look alot more cut or tone this year

SEC style strength and conditioning

Bobby Bowden Style, since Richt learned under him and it is his idea's on how the players build should be
Miami Style, since we are the originators of keeping slim builds to play fast.
Big Ten? Since that's where Gus Felder is from, he only spent 2 years in the SEC.

You guys are so brain washed into trying to compare everything good to the SEC....Last I checked Miami played FSU and loss by 5 points while the SEC team couldn't get a push at the LOS enough to score once outside of a safety...and that same team was in the SEC championship lmao.

Berrios is a body catcher. Not sure he knows how to catch with his hands. Malcom Lewis is smooth and catches with his hands. Hoping he has a good year. I thought he was going be one of the better slots we have had in awhile his Frosh year.

Agreed Lewis has to get more explosive and he'll be all set

All he has to do is "get more explosive?" Good stuff.

It's simple he just need to spend extra time doing the "get more explosive" drill.

Exactly

I know this is a crazy idea, but maybe we should have the WHOLE TEAM do that drill? Could you imagine?

Lewis is the board's new Herb Waters. He had a nice play against Boston College as a freshman four years ago, so now he's a superstar.

He made two TDs his 1st game as a true freshman, after that he was pushing for the #2 spot next to Hurns before the injury. Definitely had star potential.

LOL, no he didn't. He has two Td's in his entire ******* career. One came in 2012 and one in 2014.

Malcolm Lewis had 8 catches for 73 yards and a TD before he got hurt in 2012. But if people listened to the 'tards on here, you'd think the guy had a Sammy Watkins-esque freshman season.

You nimrods lose your minds anytime a true freshman does anything positive. Then they get branded the next "star" and they inevitably disappoint. Lewis is what he is. He's an average possession wide receiver. He can probably be more productive than he has been with real coaching and he can make some solid plays in college, but that's it.

Advertisement
Berrios is a body catcher. Not sure he knows how to catch with his hands. Malcom Lewis is smooth and catches with his hands. Hoping he has a good year. I thought he was going be one of the better slots we have had in awhile his Frosh year.

Injury set him back....it will be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

Lewis is another guy who got too gotdam fat. He looked like a burnt meatball out there last year.

I'm sure having your foot snapped around will cause setbacks for all of us. He had breakaway speed his freshman year.... I'm hoping he has a Darnell Jenkins type senior season.
Hurting your ankle 3 years ago makes you fat now?

Advertisement

He made two TDs his 1st game as a true freshman, after that he was pushing for the #2 spot next to Hurns before the injury. Definitely had star potential.

LOL, no he didn't. He has two Td's in his entire ****ing career. One came in 2012 and one in 2014.

Malcolm Lewis had 8 catches for 73 yards and a TD before he got hurt in 2012. But if people listened to the 'tards on here, you'd think the guy had a Sammy Watkins-esque freshman season.

You nimrods lose your minds anytime a true freshman does anything positive. Then they get branded the next "star" and they inevitably disappoint. Lewis is what he is. He's an average possession wide receiver. He can probably be more productive than he has been with real coaching and he can make some solid plays in college, but that's it.

He was pushing for a starter spot at WR alongside Burns his freshman year... He was more than just a possession receiver. How are u going to say that that kind of ankle injury didn't change the type of player he is now... McGahees knee injury changed the type of rb he was too. Both injuries were on the same level McGahee was just more gifted physically. Not saying Lewis wouldve been an impact player without the injury but he could've been .

Injury set him back....it will be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

Lewis is another guy who got too gotdam fat. He looked like a burnt meatball out there last year.

I'm sure having your foot snapped around will cause setbacks for all of us. He had breakaway speed his freshman year.... I'm hoping he has a Darnell Jenkins type senior season.
Hurting your ankle 3 years ago makes you fat now?

The combo of that plus Golden's get fat program is what did him in.... Golden probably more so than the injury

I coached against Lewis in high school and I'm telling yall that he's right on par with what I saw from him back then. Yall keep using this injury as an excuse for him not panning out. He got that in injury like 13 years ago man. These are young kids in their prime. They can bounce back from injuries like that.

And don't mention McGahee because that's a poor example. He came back from his injury and became a Pro-Bowl level NFL running back.

Advertisement
I never thought Malcolm Lewis would be great, but his non-existence is crazy. Especially after that first game against BC, as a freshman. Thought he would contribute more.

I don't think that injury is an excuse. Treadwell from Ole Miss had almost the same injury and returned a beast the next season. You have it or you don't.

Advertisement

LOL, no he didn't. He has two Td's in his entire ****ing career. One came in 2012 and one in 2014.

He was pushing for a starter spot at WR alongside Burns his freshman year... He was more than just a possession receiver. How are u going to say that that kind of ankle injury didn't change the type of player he is now... McGahees knee injury changed the type of rb he was too. Both injuries were on the same level McGahee was just more gifted physically. Not saying Lewis wouldve been an impact player without the injury but he could've been .

He was more than just a possession receiver as evidenced by his 8 catches for 73 yards. LMFAO @ comparing Malcolm Lewis to Willis McGahee. Please end yourself.

We haven't forgotten that you claimed Lewis is a "Sammy Watkins Type of WR."

I'll never forget the 1 WR formations CoRley used to trot out where Lewis was the only WR out there and it was blatantly obvious we would run the ball.

Advertisement
Back