Cam Ward vs TVD draft grade for 2025

Don’t understand the post. Tyler is the better nfl prospect.
Confused Little Girl GIF

Advertisement
Appreciate TVD’s time as a Cane and acknowledge he took a physical beating, but anyone with two eyes and half a brain understands he lacks the athleticism to play QB in today’s NFL. The issue isn’t arm strength or toughness. Need to maneuver in the pocket and have a minimal amount of escapability. TVD has feet of stone and plays in quick sand.

Appreciate TVD’s time as a Cane and acknowledge he took a physical beating, but anyone with two eyes and half a brain understands he lacks the athleticism to play QB in today’s NFL. The issue isn’t arm strength or toughness. Need to maneuver in the pocket and have a minimal amount of escapability. TVD has feet of stone and plays in quick sand.

He’s really fallen off since CIS had him better than Caleb Williams…

Advertisement
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Where is this projection? In a better QB class, Cam was a top 10ish QB. How did he drop against worst competition without touching a football?

Advertisement
Huh? We are having more QBs playing later into their careers… Rodgers, manning(s), Brady, rivers, brees etc..

TVDs biggest issue is he can’t read a defense… that zone coverage and where he can exploit the defense with the play being ran is his issue

Advertisement
Huh? We are having more QBs playing later into their careers… Rodgers, manning(s), Brady, rivers, brees etc..

TVDs biggest issue is he can’t read a defense… that zone coverage and where he can exploit the defense with the play being ran is his issue
We’re still talking about the same NFL where every good QB has to be able to throw into pockets and spots before WRs even make their move right????

Not only do you have to be able to throw a dime but read a defense + be able to see your WR reading the defense too?

This isn’t checkers it’s 3-dimensional chess.

We’re still talking about the same NFL where every good QB has to be able to throw into pockets and spots before WRs even make their move right????

Not only do you have to be able to throw a dime but read a defense + be able to see your WR reading the defense too?

This isn’t checkers it’s 3-dimensional chess.
Yup, TVD proved how good he was at throwing at windows with impressive film like GT, UNC, etc…

Compounded with true barn burners like MTSU

Advertisement
The jury is out for me on Cam. I haven't seen him play for us. I hope he does better than TVD did the last two years for us. But TVD was definitely injured the past 2 years and it affected his play. In the NFL they understand a guy is not expected to play as well when he is injured. They try to project, hey, if this guy is not injured can he get us to the playoffs or the Super bowl. We will see what he does in Wisconsin next year. I can see him doing well there. I can also see him being a bust. But I think the physical traits are there, if not injured, that he could be successful. As with all former Canes, I wish the best for him.

Advertisement
Back