Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
FWIW, the USC board is saying that Riley seemed to be all in on Howard- he flew out to see him immediately. Then Howard visited after coming to Miami. They believed the visit went well but Howard wasn’t sold on LA. The collective pulled together the NIL necessary (which affected Nelson and that’s why he left). They are saying that Howard is more comfortable in the Midwest setting and that’s where the interest in OSU stems from.

No mention of Ward at all although the feeling is Riley needs to bring in 1-2 QBs to compete in spring.

So besides Howard who the staff tried to get a commitment from and he never did who are you all crying about missing out on due to waiting on Ward? There are literally 4 good QB's in the portal rn.

Ward(Staff is trying)
Howard(Staff tried)
Dillon Gabriel (Oregon back-channeled)
Riley Leonard (ND back-channeled)

Who from the QB's commited other than those 2 options (other 2 were backchanneled and don't count) did we miss out on by waiting?
It’s not about who we missed out on by waiting. It seems (unlike Oregon and ND) we did not back channel anybody who was likely to sign with us. That is the potential failure many are upset about. The QB position is THE most critical position to the success (or lack thereof) of this program next year and so far we are sitting around empty handed.

Hopefully, that changes. Soon.

1703955605247.gif

Advertisement
No inside info because this whole thing is such a **** show now either in reality or in the noise but bumping this up because I kind of have a feeling this could come into play today

If I was Miami and had any control over decision happening in the positive I’d have Cam Ward announce it during the Orange bowl. Monday’s too noisy with the playoff going on during our game. Nobody was paying attention because it was a Thursday afternoon. Today could get maximum eyeballs and maximum tears from a rival.

We shall see

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...-12-29-23-at-12-00-am-est.189311/post-7000491

Advertisement
If USC is a legitimate threat i have to imagine some national reporter is going to at least mention them before an announcement is made. I'm starting to get more and more confident we're the pick and maybe the delay was for Cam and his family to make this documentary or whatever.

Advertisement
If USC is a legitimate threat i have to imagine some national reporter is going to at least mention them before an announcement is made. I'm starting to get more and more confident we're the pick and maybe the delay was for Cam and his family to make this documentary or whatever.
The legitimate threat is the NFL, not USC.

Yep maybe that confidence is misguided lmao but he feels like it’s worth it to comeback for some reason. Certainly not a bad sign. If he left I think it would signal worse news
Incorrect. If he left it was because he knew he’s getting drafted, which is likely the case so it wouldn’t signal Bad news at all. Perhaps he thinks he can increase his round - maybe not but again he’s gonna get money here anyway and he loves the school. I don’t think it’s a bad news/Good news situation- it’s an unexpected positive situation.

Advertisement
I know x loves Miami but it is hard to see him coming back after first team all ACC unless he was confident in our qb situation - no matter who that is

So I do think that’s a great sign

One question that merits consideration here.....what is/was X's current NFL grade? He's obviously not a measurables guy and I just can't see his draft stock improving one way or the other. To me he's exactly the type of guy that wants to stay and enjoy college as long as possible because his route/journey within the NFL will likely be that of a journeyman. A guy who every year is fighting to get an NFL teams last WR/special teams spot.

I'm fully aware of the concept of entering the league as early as possible to start the clock on NFL long term benefits but there are many factors (family/generational wealth) that go into that decision that I honestly don't know where X falls within that spectrum.

Am I wrong? Do NFL scouts like him?

You're guessing ... nobody from the staff has ever confirmed that. Reality is ... nobody outside of Mario REALLY knows what the options and decisions have been to this date. Everybody else is speculating.
How could you possibly know this? Sounds like you're guessing as well.

Maybe Mike and Gaby are lying to make it a surprise. Doubt it but would love that.

Advertisement
Back