Cam Ward to Portal

One question that merits consideration here.....what is/was X's current NFL grade? He's obviously not a measurables guy and I just can't see his draft stock improving one way or the other. To me he's exactly the type of guy that wants to stay and enjoy college as long as possible because his route/journey within the NFL will likely be that of a journeyman. A guy who every year is fighting to get an NFL teams last WR/special teams spot.

I'm fully aware of the concept of entering the league as early as possible to start the clock on NFL long term benefits but there are many factors (family/generational wealth) that go into that decision that I honestly don't know where X falls within that spectrum.

Am I wrong? Do NFL scouts like him?

They do. Last I saw I thought he was a day 3 guy and at worst a 6thbut others may have other takes with more recent updates.

Not sure if it’s the best comp but berrios was a 6th.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe Mike and Gaby are lying to make it a surprise. Doubt it but would love that.
The Land Of Make Believe Wow GIF

Just messing with you lol

Wtf is happening here.

Even for CIS standards this thread going this far off of the rails because of a cryptic Ruiz tweet and Ward being in LA?

More QBs will be entering the portal before before the 3rd and if Ward decides to turn pro it will not be the end of the world.

Because some tampering will happen. Some QB not discussed will jump in the portal and take the seven figure offer Miami is offering.

If want to worry about something worry about finding a WR1, a LG, and a Safety,

Wtf is happening here.

Even for CIS standards this thread going this far off of the rails because of a cryptic Ruiz tweet and Ward being in LA?

More QBs will be entering the portal before before the 3rd and if Ward decides to turn pro it will not be the end of the world.

Because some tampering will happen. Some QB not discussed will jump in the portal and take the seven figure offer Miami is offering.

I think if we land the right QB, WR1 will follow.

I'm good with McCoy at LG

Safety, 110% agreep

Advertisement
Wtf is happening here.

No WR1 is coming here with Emory Williams as the starting QB

Wtf is happening here.

This should be required reading for all the folks freaking out right now.

Let’s double Howard’s offer to see if we can get him to come back.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Ward knew he wasn’t coming shortly after the visit. My guess is that he used Miamis offer to try and get FSU or OSU to match. It doesn’t take three weeks for you decide between the NFL and Miami
You don’t understand what “doubling” Howard’s offer amounts to. It’s not remotely a CFB number even by today’s standard.

I think these top guys will take less to spend their money year at a program with a better QB track record. How much less I don’t know but doubling what’s already an absurd amount of money isn’t realistic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You don’t understand what “doubling” Howard’s offer amounts to. It’s not remotely a CFB number even by today’s standard.

I think these top guys will take less to spend their money year at a program with a better QB track record. How much less I don’t know but doubling what’s already an absurd amount of money isn’t realistic.
My point on Howard was that we apparently passed on him, so he’s never going to commit when we crawl back unless we significantly increase his NIL. I’m just ****ed we let Howard walk away so quickly 😭😭

My point on Howard was that we apparently passed on him, so he’s never going to commit when we crawl back unless we significantly increase his NIL. I’m just ****ed we let Howard walk away so quickly 😭😭
WE don't know that Howard actually ever wanted to commit to Miami.

Advertisement
Back