Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
We can’t give him a deadline if we have no other options.
Sure we can. Doesn’t mean we have to follow through with it, but you’ve got to make Ward a bit uncomfortable. Realistically if he doesn’t commit by end of tomorrow, I’d be shocked if Miami isn’t on the phone with other options.

Sure we can. Doesn’t mean we have to follow through with it, but you’ve got to make Ward a bit uncomfortable. Realistically if he doesn’t commit by end of tomorrow, I’d be shocked if Miami isn’t on the phone with other options.
if miami isn't on the phone RIGHT NOW with other options, it would be negligence

To set a deadline and it mean something you need to have leverage. We don’t have any right now. There’s no other option currently in the portal that’s even close to Ward’s level.

To set a deadline and it mean something you need to have leverage. We don’t have any right now. There’s no other option currently in the portal that’s even close to Ward’s level.
Miami is in a position of absolutely needing a QB in a make or break year for Cristobal. That’s their leverage. QBs are starting to come off the board and Cristobal cannot come up empty.

If I’m Miami, I am being completely candid with Ward. We want you, and will pay a premium to have you here. However, we must look out for the interest of our program as well.

Advertisement
if miami isn't on the phone RIGHT NOW with other options, it would be negligence
not many other options. murphy, moore - both have visits elsewhere and probably too little too late unless we call moore and promise him a starting job from the jump (he has to sit at Oregon)

mccord, howard, rogers, mccall, shapen, gabriel, chiles, vandagriff, leonard, etc. all gone

if we swing and miss on moore and ward, then we have to hope others enter the portal or ride with what we got or we'd have to call DJU as he would be FSU's leftovers in this scenario if they get ward.

hope we don't kick the tires on finn and mccloud - don't think either are worth it and the answer to what we're looking for

Miami is in a position of absolutely needing a QB in a make or break year for Cristobal. That’s their leverage. QBs are starting to come off the board and Cristobal cannot come up empty.

If I’m Miami, I am being completely candid with Ward. We want you, and will pay a premium to have you here. However, we must look out for the interest of our program as well.

Sounds like that pitch was already made. We can't wait until Christmas for the best interests of the program.

To be clear, I’m not saying this deadline means we pull Ward’s offer. If Miami is doing this right, they’d tell him after Monday, we’d still love to have you but we will begin aggressively going after other options.

Advertisement
Cam is fishing.
Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

Anyone know what Cam’s haul was?

They really believe it tho which is crazy... theyre beyond delusional

Holy sht!
Gentlemen! they’ve sent the spin masters out preemptively.
This is the literal definition of damage control and trying to change the narrative that fspoo is in control of who they want and the options all have fspoo on top of their list and are waiting to move on after they make a decision.

No one on Miami’s staff, forums, media or insiders are saying anything similar to the crap that they’re spewing.

Sounds like that pitch was already made. We can't wait until Christmas for the best interests of the program.
Well if all the other solid options are gone by then which is looking likely then yeah, we probably can wait

Advertisement
Isn't the backup plan already in place in Howard? If we go past the deadline he is our target and I presume he would love the opportunity and the offer. If anyone is throwing you this kind of money and you are Cam Ward and you have to think about it so long that they move on and you lose $2.5MM well then you will be thinking about your own move for many years to come, and not fondly!

This is beyond these kids capabilities to comprehend decisions this big at their maturity level, I feel for the kid but you are in the position you wanted to be put in by entering the portal, follow a plan and make timely decisions but paralysis by analysis is a real thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back