Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Can we institute a limit to the amount of times this gif gets used?
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Big gaping puzzies: Today at lunchtime

Closet puzzies: Tomorrow at lunchtime

Recruiting vets: Thursday

Closet Nole Fans: Sunday after he visits FSU.
Is this like Hanukkah, where there are several days of panic? Because I was told to panic if we didn't get a2 DTs and a QB by Sunday, then it was yesterday, now I'm hearing today.

Is there a project manager I could speak to about this?

Advertisement
According to Gaby, Cam isn’t expected on campus until around 3pm like Howard yesterday so Mario better work quick

sweating key and peele GIF

My totally uninformed guess is that if he's visiting, it's already wrapped up. It means the NIL is already agreed to, he just has to check things out and see if he likes the campus etc. That's how I would handle it if I were his camp.... don't even visit until the numbers already make sense, and then at that point the visit is a formality. And I think that's probably how it usually goes down, which is why QB's normally don't visit a bunch of places. Because I doubt Ward is negotiating the NIL himself, if he's smart he has a lawyer doing that. The fact that he's visiting means our NIL is stepping up, which is great to hear.

Apparently a few key boosters are stepping up to give Mario whatever he needs for this portal QB.

There won't be a collective offering a better NIL deal than Miami - preparing to go up to and potentially even beyond $2M for 1 year.

The only chance it doesn't work out for Miami is some kind of deal like Caleb Williams at USC - beyond a private collective funded deal - or hesitation because the HCs perceived identity with QBs.

The feeling is that there is 1% chance it goes beyond Howard or Ward even with those scenarios. The only threat to losing both is USC taking Howard with the pull of Riley's QB resume and Ward being advised to go elsewhere - which they don't think is a problem because his QB coach JP Tillman is Houston based and close with Dawson... and has known Mario dating back to 2020. The first person he sent DJ Lagway's film to in 2020 was Mario Cristobal.

Yep. I think Howard is a fine player, and if the Ward stuff wasn’t something I’ve been hoping for for months now that seems to have actually gained steam, I wouldn’t be disappointed with him at all. Unfortunately we’re past that point lol

I think with Howard we should be able to win 10 games next year. With Ward there would be legitimate playoff hopes in the first year of the 12 team.
If you win 10 games, you’re going to be in the conversation for Top 12

Advertisement
Apparently a few key boosters are stepping up to give Mario whatever he needs for this portal QB.

There won't be a collective offering a better NIL deal than Miami - preparing to go up to and potentially even beyond $2M for 1 year.

The only chance it doesn't work out for Miami is some kind of deal like Caleb Williams at USC - beyond a private collective funded deal - or hesitation because the HCs perceived identity with QBs.

The feeling is that there is 1% chance it goes beyond Howard or Ward even with those scenarios. The only threat to losing both is USC taking Howard with the pull of Riley's QB resume and Ward being advised to go elsewhere - which they don't think is a problem because his QB coach JP Tillman is Houston based and close with Dawson... and has known Mario dating back to 2020. The first person he sent DJ Lagway's film to in 2020 was Mario Cristobal.

Thanks for the info. The last part is an interesting tidbit. Any particular reason JP reached out to Mario regarding lagway? Did he have a prior relationship with Mario to make him do that?

My totally uninformed guess is that if he's visiting, it's already wrapped up. It means the NIL is already agreed to, he just has to check things out and see if he likes the campus etc. That's how I would handle it if I were his camp.... don't even visit until the numbers already make sense, and then at that point the visit is a formality. And I think that's probably how it usually goes down, which is why QB's normally don't visit a bunch of places. Because I doubt Ward is negotiating the NIL himself, if he's smart he has a lawyer doing that. The fact that he's visiting means our NIL is stepping up, which is great to hear.
yes. this is my thinking too. And this isn't the first contact with these guys..

Advertisement

IMG_4031.jpeg

Advertisement
Back