Cam Ward to Portal

Others say "3rd DAY" PICK ... not 3rd round. Difference from being a mid 1st round in another is difference between a $5 million dollar 4 year contract and a $15 million dollar one.
Purdy got every college QB thinking they'll make it big regardless of when they go. Ward should get a year of guaranteed NIL money and play himself into guaranteed NFL money

Advertisement

Not sure if this is true or not about Arch Manning, but Brock Purdy is making $870k this year, and he still has 2 MORE years on his rookie contract.

By the end of next year, his THIRD, he will have made about $2.6mil.

Cam Ward is being offered $2mil+ to for ONE YEAR of college football.

I know there's other variables and Brock is an extreme example since he was the very last pick, but he also got the starting job out of pure luck (just like Tom Brady).

Advertisement

Not sure if this is true or not about Arch Manning, but Brock Purdy is making $870k this year, and he still has 2 MORE years on his rookie contract.

I know there's other variables and Brock is an extreme example since he was the very last pick, but he also got the starting job out of pure luck (just like Tom Brady).

And to think Matt Leinart pushed off the pros so he could take a ballroom dance class

I'm always skeptical of the NIL numbers reporters throw out there especially since unless Arch is going around Austin telling everyone how much he makes (never a good idea especially if your co-workers are around) how is Chris getting his info. Plus how much did Ewers make then because I cannot imagine the starter would be ok making less than the guy who had 5 pass attempts all year.

I'm always skeptical of the NIL numbers reporters throw out there especially since unless Arch is going around Austin telling everyone how much he makes (never a good idea especially if your co-workers are around) how is Chris getting his info. Plus how much did Ewers make then because I cannot imagine the starter would be ok making less than the guy who had 5 pass attempts all year.
I actually believe it with Archie Manning though. But we all know it’s his last name that’s making him this much money.

Advertisement
Like I said, I'm not sure if Manning's numbers are accurate, but we do know that Cam is in the $2mil range for one year.

He'd have to have a lot of things go his way in the NFL to make up for that if he's not a top 3 round pick.

I feel like during the past week, the staff's main focus has been on the high school class. I think Mario and company will go hard these next couple of weeks to fill the remaining holes in the roster. Excited to see what this staff does

I feel like during the past week, the staff's main focus has been on the high school class. I think Mario and company will go hard these next couple of weeks to fill the remaining holes in the roster. Excited to see what this staff does
Thought the same thing last night in regards to the portal candidates, it’s their time now and hopefully they get the right pieces

Advertisement

A few things (and I realize this doesn't have to do with Ward):

- As you already said, who knows if that number is legit, but if it is....

- NIL it technically advertising money. Granted we know that is not usually the reality of college NIL which is more like a salary, but in the case of Manning his family name probably doesn't hurt for legit advertising NIL. Also, I assume Brock Purdy is getting some type of money from endorsements? If so, that should be included in the comparison.

- I am in favor of the rookie salary caps as too many times the early round (particularly 1st) picks would cripple their teams if they didn't pan our or they would be getting way more than other, better players, but I do think they should have some type of escalation and/or performance clause. Example if you are an X round or later pick and you start more than x% of games you are due more money (or something similar that cold fit into the salary cap).

Those numbers for arch are what his "expected value" was. Not what he got. According to the Mannings they won't accept NIL until he actually plays. Now not sure I believe that, but I do know that number is based on some calculation of expected earnings not real dollars earned

Advertisement
No way in **** these college dudes continue making more than some of the pros. This won't last very long imho.

If anything, I can see NFL contracts being leveraged against college players demanding big money.

For crying out loud, we heard Jacolby George turned down 375k, because he wants half a million. LOL, not sure if that is actually true, but it is absolutely ludicrous.

Why in the **** should some WR3 or backup QB in college make / have potential to make more than an NFL player?

A few things (and I realize this doesn't have to do with Ward):

- As you already said, who knows if that number is legit, but if it is....

- NIL it technically advertising money. Granted we know that is not usually the reality of college NIL which is more like a salary, but in the case of Manning his family name probably doesn't hurt for legit advertising NIL. Also, I assume Brock Purdy is getting some type of money from endorsements? If so, that should be included in the comparison.

- I am in favor of the rookie salary caps as too many times the early round (particularly 1st) picks would cripple their teams if they didn't pan our or they would be getting way more than other, better players, but I do think they should have some type of escalation and/or performance clause. Example if you are an X round or later pick and you start more than x% of games you are due more money (or something similar that cold fit into the salary cap).
NFL does do a performance based pay pool based off % of snaps compared to base salary which is paid across April-July

NFL does do a performance based pay pool based off % of snaps compared to base salary which is paid across April-July
The More You Know Kitty GIF

Advertisement
Back