Cam Ward to Portal

you would think today is the day that Ward announces if he announces at all.
I wouldn’t

GIF by Groundhog Day

Advertisement
what happened to taking a hard stance a week ago. If dude wanted to be here he would especially with what we are offering. I don’t want to hear about the suck tax. Should’ve just went with Howard the after the ward visit

Advertisement
Ward’s are playing chess, not checkers. Mario’s lost his leverage and needs to gain some of it back by sticking to this “supposed” 4 PM timeline today.
if we don't have another portal QB ready to accept, we gain nothing but a new clown suit by enforcing the deadline. we're on the warder-coaster now till it stops. not much you can do when u bet it all on black except grab some ****ies and drink whiskey while the roulette wheel spins

Advertisement
Did anyone listen to Donno today? 1:28 with Brian Smith who said we’re offering a very generous NIL to Ward better than FSU yet the Wards are balking and want much higher.

Curious as to opinions on this. I like the fact we’re sticking to our amount and moving on if they won’t come down. Hopefully we still have guys above the line we can close.

Last edited:
Did anyone listen to Donno today? 1:28 with Brian Smith who said we’re offering a very generous NIL to Ward better than FSU yet the Wards are baling and want much higher.

Curious as to opinions on this. I like the fact we’re sticking to our amount and moving on if they won’t come down. Hopefully we still have guys above the line we can close.

My guess is we didn't start off with the highest number we'd go to, like anyone should in a negotiation. Probably started at $2 million, Cam started at $2.5 million, we're in the process of negotiating this to somewhere in the middle.

I'm probably off on the exact numbers, but I'd guess thats why they still haven't announced anything yet

Advertisement
Did anyone listen to Donno today? 1:28 with Brian Smith who said we’re offering a very generous NIL to Ward better than FSU yet the Wards are balking and want much higher.

People keep acting like Ward has all the leverage

He doesnt

He’s not good enough to be a high NFL draft pick and he’s not going to get compensated by anyone else higher than what we give him

So kudos to the fam for maxing it out but you’re out of options

Advertisement
I dunno, if Ward is barking at 2 mil for one year of football, cut him loose
There’s more to it than that.

Seems like FSU is trying to drive up the price that we have to pay, so that it helps them everywhere else when we have less to work with after overpaying Cam. We’re sitting back calling their bluff knowing they don’t have the money they’re telling him they have.

I’ve been told the entire time that the offer is the offer and there’s no negotiation and no need to negotiate because no one is touching it with a collective.

Ward’s only leverage is trying to flex a 6th round draft grade.. that he’s had for weeks. Idk what else he thinks he’s waiting on.

I would have moved on and had someone else sitting in front of the offer Saturday night signing on the dotted line.

Seems like FSU is trying to drive up the price that we have to pay, so that it helps them everywhere else when we have less to work with after overpaying Cam. We’re sitting back calling their bluff knowing they don’t have the money they’re telling him they have.

I’ve been told the entire time that the offer is the offer and there’s no negotiation and no need to negotiate because no one is touching it with a collective.

Ward’s only leverage is trying to flex a 6th round draft grade.. that he’s had for weeks. Idk what else he thinks he’s waiting on.

I would have moved on and had someone else sitting in front of the offer Saturday night signing on the dotted line.
Exactly on the draft round grade and whether you want to believe @Peter Ariz seventh round or free agent projection, or flo thinking second or third round possibly, I’m sure Alonzo has told both ward and Mario what it likely would be both from his own eyes as a scout as well as his own contacts in the NFL. And there is no way Miami is going to listen to some some other leverage play that so-and-so person is telling them ward has a higher grade

This is where I could see Ward not having an NIL-agent to digest the offers being problematic. Hopefully the family has someone helping them with that. I’d be surprised if FSU is really in the same ball park as us on this.

Advertisement
Back