Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
There’s more to it than that.

Seems like FSU is trying to drive up the price that we have to pay, so that it helps them everywhere else when we have less to work with after overpaying Cam. We’re sitting back calling their bluff knowing they don’t have the money they’re telling him they have.

I’ve been told the entire time that the offer is the offer and there’s no negotiation and no need to negotiate because no one is touching it with a collective.

Ward’s only leverage is trying to flex a 6th round draft grade.. that he’s had for weeks. Idk what else he thinks he’s waiting on.

I would have moved on and had someone else sitting in front of the offer Saturday night signing on the dotted line.

Love this especially the final paragraph. Kid isn’t acting like the leader of the team. We’ve had enough prima donnas at QB these past years.

Last edited:
I think if it was anyone but FSU/UF/OSU, Mario would’ve moved on.
So make the move Cam, give the pledge and let’s get to work.

Advertisement

Seems like FSU is trying to drive up the price that we have to pay, so that it helps them everywhere else when we have less to work with after overpaying Cam. We’re sitting back calling their bluff knowing they don’t have the money they’re telling him they have.

I’ve been told the entire time that the offer is the offer and there’s no negotiation and no need to negotiate because no one is touching it with a collective.

Ward’s only leverage is trying to flex a 6th round draft grade.. that he’s had for weeks. Idk what else he thinks he’s waiting on.

I would have moved on and had someone else sitting in front of the offer Saturday night signing on the dotted line.

Nothing about Cristobals recruiting has indicated incompetence. GameDay coaching? Sure. Recruiting? No. Do they misread tea leaves once in a while like with McClain? Yes. But this isn't close to that. If Ward hesitated, I think Cristobal would have told Howard - "here's 2 million, welcome to the family." I would be absolutely shocked if Cristobal was really gambling his career (and make no mistake - this year is make or break) by saying it's Ward or bust. There are only two options IMO. Either Ward already committed and Cristobal is keeping it under wraps because he's on board with Ward taking FSUs money just to ***** with them, or he is risking HC suicide. I dont think he risks it all for Ward. I mean if after all this we don't end up with Ward or Howard, it will go down as the most epic HC failure of all time for a UM coach. This isnt Drew Brees vs Daunte Culpepper - it's having the choice between Brees or Culpepper, but settling on Cleo Lemon.

Last edited:
This is Eye opening interview with Ward from.back in October

The Coach at Houston who passed on was Shannon Dawson ( i can't help but wonder if there is any latent resentment). Now Dawson can spin this as it was Dana Holgoerson that didn't want him.
Another issue is that when he mentioned he preferred a small college town vibe and doesn't need the flashy things is a concern ( but we all say we don't want something shinny until we get it). Yes UM has offered a great NIL package, but let's see what happens.

I also think he could be a great mentor for Jacory Brown as well as a 1 year transition starter at UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement
The young man and his family will decide when they're ready and only then..... Welcome to the world of College athletes and big money on the books.... This is the way it's gonna be from here on out... get used to it...

That is not the way that The University of Miami operates. We identify one target and pursue endlessly w/o the thought of a Plan B or C.

Advertisement
SmartSelect_20231218_175627_Adblock Browser.jpg

Man Cam got poor Danny Boy in the hospital, stressing on if he will commit to us.

You would think having ward on board could potentially help with other targets before ESD. Maybe waiting it out causes Miami to flinch?

I don’t know that’s the only thing I can think of

Advertisement
You would think having ward on board could potentially help with other targets before ESD. Maybe waiting it out causes Miami to flinch?

I don’t know that’s the only thing I can think of
I still think they land Ward

I’m just saying I would have already moved on. Better QBs have made quicker decisions for less money. No need to risk our future for the kid’s timeline trying to grasp for leverage he doesn’t have.

Advertisement
Back