Cam McCormick, TE, Oregon

Advertisement
It’s good to have a 30 year old man on the roster with 18-19 year old teens.

We are always pretty young across the board and end up losing to teams that have a starting roster of 3-5th year guys. Don’t discount age it’s the Wake Forest blue print

It worked with Lou...

More physical than Mallory? To be seen.

img_1183.jpg

More tats than Hedley? Also to be seen (I can't see his neck in that picture)...

Advertisement
He’s already getting social security and AARP. I think that should about cover it.

I read an article that said a ton of millenials are signing up for AARP for the discounts, as there is no actual "age-check" for eligibility.

(wasn't a joke)

Something to keep in mind here- we have signed Elijah Arroyo, Jaleel Skinner and Riley Williams in consecutive years. We also landed a receiver-turned-TE in Kahlil Brantley and a high-upside athlete in Jackson Carver.

This is not a position starved for receiving talent. They need a trusted veteran to hold down the fort while Arroyo recovers (and maybe contribute as a blocker after Arroyo returns). McCormick can also help on special teams.
I just sat down with him and showed him some 13 personnel stuff i‘m adding just for him. That should seal the deal.

Something to keep in mind here- we have signed Elijah Arroyo, Jaleel Skinner and Riley Williams in consecutive years. We also landed a receiver-turned-TE in Kahlil Brantley and a high-upside athlete in Jackson Carver.

This is not a position starved for receiving talent. They need a trusted veteran to hold down the fort while Arroyo recovers (and maybe contribute as a blocker after Arroyo returns). McCormick can also help on special teams.

Exactly this board acts like we need to find a 1st rounder at every position in the **** portal.

We need fillers to compete against the younger players not the next Jeremy Shockey… IT AINT HAPPENING JACK !!!

Advertisement
So they are JAGs like I said.
No they are not. These a purpose for depth. It gives you some measure of resiliency. Just look at what happened to our OL when a spate of injuries occurred.

If they contribute, they’re not a jag. A jag is someone that just fills a roster spot without contributing.

His HS graduating class (2016) has dudes that are in the league playing on their 2nd contract, that’s wild

BYU has won for years with a simple formula of "we'll play our grown *** men against your teenagers and win 80% of the time" we might as well try it out too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think people underestimate the DEPTH problem we have. It's not just "hey we signed two 5* OTs, we're fine now!" We have to revamp the entire 2nd and 3rd team as well. Scholarships #70-85 need an infusion just as much as the starting 22. It's not whether this kid is better than Arroyo - it's is he better than Mammarelli? Or at least does he upgrade the locker room? If he does then sign him up. The roster needs to turn over completely.

Some of us do not. In fact, many have said Mario is too slow in the portal, and has not acquired enough talent to flip the roster. The defenders of the realm run in to point out that we got a few players that should be good while better and more players have gone elsewhere.

The roster, since it was blamed for last year’s failure, needs to be gutted and flipped. The entry into the portal has occurred. The acquisition from the portal has not yet balanced it out.

That said, trying to sell the board on a blocking TE to fill in for a pass catching TE, from the Mario school of the west is iffy at best.

The guys Mario got from Oregon last year were JAGs. Other better Ducks flew elsewhere…

Some of us do not. In fact, many have said Mario is too slow in the portal, and has not acquired enough talent to flip the roster. The defenders of the realm run in to point out that we got a few players that should be good while better and more players have gone elsewhere.

The roster, since it was blamed for last year’s failure, needs to be gutted and flipped. The entry into the portal has occurred. The acquisition from the portal has not yet balanced it out.

That said, trying to sell the board on a blocking TE to fill in for a pass catching TE, from the Mario school of the west is iffy at best.

The guys Mario got from Oregon last year were JAGs. Other better Ducks flew elsewhere…
Who were the good oregon players that went elsewhere? I don’t remember any of their good players leaving

Advertisement
Back