Cam Harris...summed up in one play

Late in the first half, Harris took a pitch to the right. One defender being blocked and nothing but green grass for as far as the eye can see......

View attachment 153616

This run ends up being a 4 yard gain. To ***** this up is almost unfathomable. It's hard to imagine even the most pedestrian rb only gaining 4 yards here. If you have any instincts, cutting ability, speed, power, vision.....any of that stuff, this is a big gainer. Imagine if Portis, McGahee, Duke, or even a guy like DeeJay Dallas had taken this carry and what the result what have been.

We should ALWAYS have a difference maker at the rb position. There are lot of rbs out there who can do damage either via speed or power or vision etc. And plenty of guys that want to come here. That we have a guy this ordinary as our starting rb is just mind boggling to me. Harris doesn't have any of the traits you want in a great rb. None of them.
They should have let him transfer when he did his crybaby routine last year

Advertisement
Harris is a good player who gets killed because of what he isn’t. He’s not an everydown, Canes-caliber back. He doesn’t have that balance or wiggle. But he has top-tier long speed, he can catch and he’s tough.

Don’t get me wrong, Chaney is the best back. But Harris still had the best numbers last year. He doesn’t suck.
Of course he had the best numbers. He had double the touches

He catches the pitch and has the ball inside the hash at the 36 (one of our better play calls); he’s got to be in this line right now. At full speed I think he beat 8 to the hash or has a better chance of carrying momentum forward and gain more yard
1A9096F7-B4E5-4A62-AEAB-002B636B682C.jpeg

Instead, he goes almost horizontal to the 40. From 1 yard inside the hash at the 36 to about 3 yards outside the hash at the 40.
05A82315-7B2A-47C7-882D-9BEC68BE93D4.jpeg

He flattened himself out and then got tripped by Josh ******* Jobe and his teddy 😑

He catches the pitch and has the ball inside the hash at the 36 (one of our better play calls); he’s got to be in this line right now. At full speed I think he beat 8 to the hash or has a better chance of carrying momentum forward and gain more yard
View attachment 153625

Instead, he goes almost horizontal to the 40. From 1 yard inside the hash at the 36 to about 3 yards outside the hash at the 40. View attachment 153624
He flattened himself out and then got tripped by Josh ******* Jobe and his teddy 😑
Big soft muscle head lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Harris is a good player who gets killed because of what he isn’t. He’s not an everydown, Canes-caliber back. He doesn’t have that balance or wiggle. But he has top-tier long speed, he can catch and he’s tough.

Don’t get me wrong, Chaney is the best back. But Harris still had the best numbers last year. He doesn’t suck.
At least he doesnt suck

the new standard at UM

sad black and white GIF

Knighton = RB1.
Chaney Jr. = RB2

Cam makes running fast look slow. On paper he's quick--I know he's quick--but I'll be damned if he just looks so slow on TV; like he's running through peanut butter. I don't know what it is about him--maybe his gait? Lorenzo Lingard looked awkward as a runner, too; the way he stiffened up and had an unnatural posture, but at least he was fast. Too bad he went ***** mode and cucked out of RB comp here at Miami. If we would have seen more of him while he was here he probably would have shown he had better running back IQ than Harris.

Last edited:
Rambo was lazy af with the block on that play but I agree. Can aint it
Hands to the face.. can’t see **** when defenders do that! The refs really ***ked us this game. Would have still lost but many missed facemasks that would have given us extra downs were not called. PI on a king INT, holding our ends every down smh.

Advertisement
Dmoney, he's not tough. Maybe in the weight room but not on the football field. He's not good at breaking tackles.
He’s plenty tough and puts his body on the line. Look at the way he blocks downfield when someone else has the ball. And the UF defender still hasn’t woken up from getting run over.

He’s not consistently good at breaking tackles because of balance issues. The toughness is there.

Of course he had the best numbers. He had double the touches
He had the best yards per carry on the team, too. A full yard over Knighton. He’s never been under 5.

Again, Chaney should start and Cam has limitations but this thread reeks of knee jerk. Teams have to account for his strengths. He will break open a game or two with his speed.

Advertisement
Hands to the face.. can’t see **** when defenders do that! The refs really ***ked us this game. Would have still lost but many missed facemasks that would have given us extra downs were not called. PI on a king INT, holding our ends every down smh.
That PI on Redding was maddening. Even the dumb announcers said something about it.

He’s plenty tough and puts his body on the line. Look at the way he blocks downfield when someone else has the ball. And the UF defender still hasn’t woken up from getting run over.

He’s not consistently good at breaking tackles because of balance issues. The toughness is there.
i said it over the summer, he's almost a victim of his own work in the weight room, atheistically he looks like a greek god, but he has not flexibility or wiggle at all, i suggested some yoga to work on flexibility, that being said there is no rememdy for vision, you either have it or you don't

Late in the first half, Harris took a pitch to the right. One defender being blocked and nothing but green grass for as far as the eye can see......

View attachment 153616

This run ends up being a 4 yard gain. To ***** this up is almost unfathomable. It's hard to imagine even the most pedestrian rb only gaining 4 yards here. If you have any instincts, cutting ability, speed, power, vision.....any of that stuff, this is a big gainer. Imagine if Portis, McGahee, Duke, or even a guy like DeeJay Dallas had taken this carry and what the result what have been.

We should ALWAYS have a difference maker at the rb position. There are lot of rbs out there who can do damage either via speed or power or vision etc. And plenty of guys that want to come here. That we have a guy this ordinary as our starting rb is just mind boggling to me. Harris doesn't have any of the traits you want in a great rb. None of them.
I’m and NOT defending Cam by saying this. Our WRs sucked at maintaining their blocks. Look at zero bend in the knee, zero drivers ng through the body. Every time we put up a block (see the bubble screens too) they fought off the block and made the play. Mallory sucked at maintaining the block as well. This is a problem as we are not executing and losing opportunity out of the play. It is the difference Ethernet 2nd and short or long. It is the difference of barely picking the first down, not picking it up at all or our RB breaking it to the house. The fundamentals must be addressed!

Rambo was lazy af with the block on that play but I agree. Can aint it

I get what OP is saying but this screen shot doesn’t tell the story. Immediately after this picture Rambo just quit blocking. I was at the game and saw it live and thought, Dugans would bench him.

Plus he got the pitch 4 yards behind the line.

Advertisement
Back