Cam Davis Update - FWIW

You know more than me, but I would think they're pretty accurate. They have a database going back to 2004 and there's rarely any games missing for any player.

I totally agree they may include some bias, but it's not like if a RB runs goes 10 for 50 yds 1 TD it's getting reported as 10 for 100 yds 2 TD's. But they may be adding on a couple yards here and there.

The main thing for me is in the 9 or 10 games they had stats for, Cam is doing considerably worse than everyone else in the same backfield. Cam's at a 3.5 ypc when the other RB's are around a 6.0 ypc.

If the person reporting it is inflating stats for all players, then maybe Cam is actually averaging 2.5 and everyone else 5.0. The other players are still doing twice as good - and that's the red flag.

I don't see a realistic scenario where everyone is actually averaging 5.0 ypc, but the person reporting the stats is inflating Volaskis Watkins to 6.8 and deflating Cam to 3.5

I'm not saying that anybody's stats are being inflated, I'm just pointing out the fact that they're inaccurate.

Some years back we played a stud RB and held him to 24 yards on 16 carries. I opened the paper the next day and he had 122 yards... courtesy of his offensive coordinator who called in the stats to The Herald.

I'm telling you as fact that the Herald's stats are unreliable. They seldom have staff members at the games taking stats. And the only other way they obtain them are if the coaches call them in the night of the game. (and most don't)

Advertisement
The only time the Herald's stats are correct is when one my defenses/players are near the top of a category. Then they're spot-on. ;):sneaky::p

Advertisement
Is this serious? This isn't a serious post, right? This can't be serious.

I don't know...is it? On one hand, kid always looks not happy to be here...on the other hand, he could be a stoic looking kid with little emotion...

Advertisement

On a serious note fellas...My lumbar disk flared up on me last night (Old war injury) and I took a Perc, a Flexeral, then had a moscow mule 2 hours later and I don't remember anything. No idea what my thought process was from last night, been trying to piece it together the last hour...oops

On a serious note fellas...My lumbar disk flared up on me last night (Old war injury) and I took a Perc, a Flexeral, then had a moscow mule 2 hours later and I don't remember anything. No idea what my thought process was from last night, been trying to piece it together the last hour...oops

If ya ******** hurts and there’s a white UM singlet hanging on the doorknob, I got bad news for you, killer.

Advertisement

Copper cup?

Advertisement
Yes Sir! No other way...my wife is old guard Russian from Siberia...Novosibirsk to be exact...glorious city my friend, glorious...

well-played-gif-10.gif

I'm not saying that anybody's stats are being inflated, I'm just pointing out the fact that they're inaccurate.

Some years back we played a stud RB and held him to 24 yards on 16 carries. I opened the paper the next day and he had 122 yards... courtesy of his offensive coordinator who called in the stats to The Herald.

I'm telling you as fact that the Herald's stats are unreliable. They seldom have staff members at the games taking stats. And the only other way they obtain them are if the coaches call them in the night of the game. (and most don't)

I think if you don't trust the actual stats, just look at how Davis did compared to the other RB's in the same backfield. It would be the same person reporting the stats for the whole team, so it would be consistent inaccuracies for all Carol City RB's.

Cam's stats were far below Wright during his Soph & Junior year in games they both played. Davis blew up when Wright was out, but Terrence Horne (USF Commit) also put up big numbers in those games. Senior Year, Davis weren't as good as everyone else in the same backfield.

I'm not saying Davis is bad, I just think he'll struggle to find playing time at Miami. When he originally committed to Oregon St., his other offers were from USF, UCF, FIU, etc. I think that's level of talent he probably is - at a lower level P5 or strong Non-P5 he would get a good amount of playing time.

I think if you don't trust the actual stats, just look at how Davis did compared to the other RB's in the same backfield. It would be the same person reporting the stats for the whole team, so it would be consistent inaccuracies for all Carol City RB's.

Cam's stats were far below Wright during his Soph & Junior year in games they both played. Davis blew up when Wright was out, but Terrence Horne (USF Commit) also put up big numbers in those games. Senior Year, Davis weren't as good as everyone else in the same backfield.

I'm not saying Davis is bad, I just think he'll struggle to find playing time at Miami. When he originally committed to Oregon St., his other offers were from USF, UCF, FIU, etc. I think that's level of talent he probably is - at a lower level P5 or strong Non-P5 he would get a good amount of playing time.
He picked up offers from elite programs other than Miami too after he committed including Southern California

Advertisement
Back