Cam Davis Update - FWIW

Advertisement
This class of 2018 is going to be special. Definitely drinking the Kool Aide right now. Gil, Lo. Nesta, Pope, Jordan, Hightower, Rousseau, Davis, Williams, Hall... **** I can just keep going down the line. We have serious depth and talent now at nearly all positions.

Richt has to go up tempo and run 80 snaps a game just to get all his playmakers the touches they deserve.

Advertisement
This class of 2018 is going to be special. Definitely drinking the Kool Aide right now. Gil, Lo. Nesta, Pope, Jordan, Hightower, Rousseau, Davis, Williams, Hall... **** I can just keep going down the line. We have serious depth and talent now at nearly all positions.

Richt has to go up tempo and run 80 snaps a game just to get all his playmakers the touches they deserve.
Assuming all these LBs stick and I think they will, the only position groups left to address are OL(We need tackles and playoff caliber depth)DL(we need to add numbers, essentially at DE) DB(Keep adding UM caliber studs).

We are very close to optimum numbers and talent on the DL and getting closer in the secondary. The OL needs the most attention but we are getting there. After the 2019 class is signed, sealed and enrolled, we will be very close to having championship level talent and depth across the board. After 2020, forget about it.

Rather this since it fits our personell better.

Especially considering the concerns on the OL and lack of proven blocking ability at TE, right? Rosier isn't exactly a drop-back passer. We have speed everywhere at the skill positions. Seems to make a lot of sense for this season.

Assuming all these LBs stick and I think they will, the only position groups left to address are OL(We need tackles and playoff caliber depth)DL(we need to add numbers, essentially at DE) DB(Keep adding UM caliber studs).

We are very close to optimum numbers and talent on the DL and getting closer in the secondary. The OL needs the most attention but we are getting there. After the 2019 class is signed, sealed and enrolled, we will be very close to having championship level talent and depth across the board. After 2020, forget about it.

Everything you're saying is right, and it's exactly where we should be. OL and DL are the most difficult position groups to build depth at. We're coming along/pretty much there everywhere else. Not only is the speed off the charts, but we truly, finally, have enough South Florida DOGS who will not take losing easily and sure as **** won't be disrespected.

Advertisement
Oh, thank you all, I should probably make absolutely certain to state, right off the bat, I am not an insider and have no sources, whatsoever. Any inference of me claiming to have inside information is not my responsibility.

Ha! Neither do over 90 % of those that post on this site.
Nice legal disclaimer btw.

Oh, thank you all, I should probably make absolutely certain to state, right off the bat, I am not an insider and have no sources, whatsoever. Any inference of me claiming to have inside information is not my responsibility.

There are no insiders on this sight only content providers.

Agreed. At this point, I'm only concerned about DL and OL and maybe the secondary. But we brought in some guys in the secondary last year who are capable of playing CB or S, so that versatility eases my worries there.

OL - We have the numbers, just need to develop what we have (and what we are bringing in in 2019) and shore up the Tackle positions. Guards, we are more than set.

DL - That's where my focus is. Need more across the board. Address that with this class and we are set.

Advertisement
OL is young, but Searels has hauled in 2 straight quality classes, with another on the way. DL is too thin, but potential is off the charts. Simpson will get that right. Last DB class was excellent, need another. But can't keep losing the elite So FL kids there.

With Lo and Davis added, RB is already as good as any in the country, certainly top 5. Crowley and McIntosh would continue that trend. Brown has a real problem on his hands now. A good one, but a conundrum nonetheless. If Burns is truly healthy, that gives you 5 RBs -- Homer, Dallas, Burns, Lingard and Davis -- that could be top quartile in the ACC playing for any other team. How the **** do you play all these kids? Dugans is equally loaded, but at least at WR you can go 4- or 5-wide at times. Gotta get these boys touches!

We saw glimpses of this last year-- going uptempo-- the only problem was when he ran out of bullets, namely in the Red Zone. Hopefully as the offense evolves, that will happen less and less

Definitely the class that puts us over the hump. Also, really seems like a class that will stick together. Here's to hoping the attrition rate lowers.

Advertisement

I agree, we have weapons all over the O at the skill positions, but when the weak link is at the position that touches the ball every time, it’s a problem if you want to go up tempo.

This class, though, is very special. Hard to believe so many got in early, and that so many are future stars, not just contributors.

I agree, we have weapons all over the O at the skill positions, but when the weak link is at the position that touches the ball every time, it’s a problem if you want to go up tempo.

This class, though, is very special. Hard to believe so many got in early, and that so many are future stars, not just contributors.

We would've averaged less than 125 yards per game running the ball when you take away Malik's rushing yards. That would've been good for 110th in the country. We were 71st with Malik's production (still bad). Suffice it to say the surrounding cast has a significant amount of work to do as well. I'm a million times more concerned about whether the OL is up to the task this year than Malik.

Advertisement
Back