Cam Davis Update - FWIW

Carol City offense was bad last year for whatever reason, Davis definitely can play and has a powerful build 5’10 205. Should be interesting to watch

Lingard in terms of athleticism and build is very similar to Todd Gurley coming out of highschool. Same type of speed (10.70 for both of them in the 100m.**** he even played in the same type of offense that lingard played in and this was in North Carolina and made the transition to a power based running scheme. It can happen and it worked out very well for gurley. There was a reason richt targeted lingard for all of these years

We don't run a power running scheme though. I watched Lingard all spring and he struggled running the ball out of the gun. He lacks the vision right now and is "too fast". (meaning he doesn't let things develop) He's not seeing it yet. He's never had to see it. He spent his high school career taking hand-offs near the LOS and going downhill "right now".

He's going through a transition right now and I'm betting that Cam doesn't have the same learning curve.
I very well could be wrong but I'm throwing **** against the wall cause I'm bored and it's the off-season.

Advertisement
We don't run a power running scheme though. I watched Lingard all spring and he struggled running the ball out of the gun. He lacks the vision right now and is "too fast". (meaning he doesn't let things develop) He's not seeing it yet. He's never had to see it. He spent his high school career taking hand-offs near the LOS and going downhill "right now".

He's going through a transition right now and I'm betting that Cam doesn't have the same learning curve.
I very well could be wrong but I'm throwing **** against the wall cause I'm bored and it's the off-season.

Can looks like the more natural RB From the film I have seen of them both. Lingard is similar to Homer in being a one cut and get down hill back.

Advertisement
As much as I love Lingard's physical tools...

I'm willing to make a friendly wager that Cam passes him on the depth chart once live action gets crackin'.

I'm very high on this kid.

tough bet to make based on H.S. alone. I think a lot will depend on FB use in Miami's offense.

Advertisement
As much as I love Lingard's physical tools...

I'm willing to make a friendly wager that Cam passes him on the depth chart once live action gets crackin'.

I'm very high on this kid.

I'll take that bet.

Cam Davis is overrated as they come in my book...hasn't been the best rb on his team since maybe little league and it won't start at Miami.

Imho he's another Charlie Jones.

I'm bettin' all you b!tches! Yall think yall can bet me?! You MF's will be posting about the Canes from Pelican Bay when Beardy gets finished with you!

training-day-denzel.jpg

I'll burn this MF'er down!

I'll take that bet.

Cam Davis is overrated as they come in my book...hasn't been the best rb on his team since maybe little league and it won't start at Miami.

Imho he's another Charlie Jones.

You're my dawg but you're crazy. Ain't NO DUCKS on this kid's tape. He's pulling away from kids at MNW, Mainland, Lakeland, etc. I watched him live against Mainland and he was a man.

Lingard ain't never seen comp like Davis.

Lingard may end up being the better RB in the long run but I got Cam pulling ahead early based on what I saw from Lingard in the spring.

Advertisement
#1 - How do you know what his stats were?

#2 - If he indeed only had 300 yards rushing, was it because of his ability or something else?

Obviously he doesn't suck. Obviously he's a kid who can gain much more than 300 yards in a high school season. (see: his junior tape)

What I'm saying makes plenty of sense cause I'm basing it off what I've seen from his high school career. Not only does he play much better competition than Lingard but he's already accustomed to running within a similar scheme. That's what I'm betting on.

Bruh the kid isn't that good fam.

He had the chance to be the man and wet the bed at CC.
You're my dawg but you're crazy. Ain't NO DUCKS on this kid's tape. He's pulling away from kids at MNW, Mainland, Lakeland, etc. I watched him live against Mainland and he was a man.

Lingard ain't never seen comp like Davis.

**** that Charlie Jones thing was a bit much huh? LOLOLOLOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back