NFL Calvin Ridley is a Gambling Degenerate

Advertisement

Like me!

Copy and pasted for the rest of the board because I was ****ed when I clicked on it and saw "Yahoo Sports" I wish to give them no clicks:

The NFL announced on Monday that it has suspended Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley for the entire 2022 season for betting on games in 2021.

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today suspended Calvin Ridley of the Atlanta Falcons indefinitely through at least the conclusion of the 2022 season for betting on NFL games in the 2021 season," a league statement reads. "The activity took place during a five-day period in late November 2021 while Ridley was not with the team and was away from the club's facility on the non-football illness list."
According to the NFL, nothing indicated that Ridley's teammates and coaches in Atlanta were aware of his gambling.

"A league investigation uncovered no evidence indicating any inside information was used or that any game was compromised in any way," the statement reads.

Yes he did not play in the games...but there is no doubt that he had insider information...
This is very disheartening...and now sending tweets like a **** clown...smh

Advertisement
He got caught. Happens all the time. I personally know pro athletes that bet. Not on themselves or their own teams, but other games in their sport and other sports.

Yes he did not play in the games...but there is no doubt that he had insider information...
This is very disheartening...and now sending tweets like a **** clown...smh
Be curious if the $1500 is anywhere near accurate

Wouldn’t make much sense if he had insider info

Then again, people do dumb **** all the time

Advertisement
I wonder how he even got caught.
Placed the bet on the Hardrock app. They relayed that info to some firm that keeps tabs on all of that and they let the NFL know.

What’s weird to me is that I’ve seen some apps that won’t even let professional athletes register. I guess Hardrock either didn’t have that software or didn’t think it was necessary, bc they report it to that firm.

Be curious if the $1500 is anywhere near accurate

Wouldn’t make much sense if he had insider info

Then again, people do dumb **** all the time
The report is that he bet 3 parlays and all had 5 or more teams in it. Sounds like it was more fun than anything. Kinda hard to have “inside info” on every game on the slate that day.

The report is that he bet 3 parlays and all had 5 or more teams in it. Sounds like it was more fun than anything. Kinda hard to have “inside info” on every game on the slate that day.
Yeah that’s how I took it (depending on if the reports are true I guess)

Like I’m just gonna **** around because I’m bored

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol this was the most ridiculous thing i I’ve seen. NFL in bed with Draft kings etc..but tripping over their players participation..was it a live bet?

$1500 total on parlays. He shouldn’t have done it because he’s not supposed to and he knows that, but this was no insider gambling, or anything close to that. If there’s nothing else to this, it’s not actually that big a deal other than he knows he shouldn’t break that rule. A one year suspension is a little excessive, imo.

What’s more troubling is his lackadaisical attitude about everything tbh. Dude doesn’t sound like a hardcore competitor to me. Maybe has some mental issues, who knows.

Advertisement
Back