Calm down

407cane

All-ACC
why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2
we beat the NCAA and he stood by us when he didn't have to
VT is a rivalry game and no matter how good each team is it could always go either way, last year we dominated, this year they did
he's recruited an astonishing amount of talent the last few years and will only get better now without the NCAA cloud (imagine us if he didn't pull in Gilbert and Renfrow for added depth)

everyone is butt hurt about the FSU loss but why? is it because the board was spoiled and wanted to see a national championship? keep in mind, the same board that was doomsday during the offseason and many posters were predicting 4 or 5 losses, but now we lose to two teams and it's fire the whole staff?

FSU is probably the best team in the nation so i don't know why people are so upset about that loss, if you are then please take the shades off and realize that we played solid for the first half but we are just not there YET

we haven't won the way most of us would like to but we are on pace for 10-2 this year, and although it's a let down that we will not have a chance in the ACC championship game... nobody in the acc coastal is beating FSU anyways so i don't think not making it is a massive let down.

if you're not happy with 10-2 this year then GTFO

Advertisement
Nothing to do with record IMO. Has to do with the fact that a lot of us feel we are behind the 8 ball with our schemes, especially defensively. And this is Golden's defense we are running. Also a defense that has a lot of starts under its belt. It might not be super talented but you shouldn't need it to field a decent defense.

There is a lot to be worried about at the moment.

Bro don't be bring rationalism and logic into this place.

"We are the U"
"We won 5 ships"
"We have great players because Ray Lewis played here."
"Our coaches suck because they can't make our current players Ed Reed."
"Fire everyone and hire a real coach from a big school who will offer 3x what we will."

Bro our fans here DONT HAVE A CLUE. We couldn't steal a bottom
Teir SEC coach away. But they think we will get an instant upgrade from Golden.

Last edited:
It's not the record, it's the way we've looked, and it's the stubbornness with Coach D. That said, I'm not as down on Golden as a lot on here, but I'm not also not a blind supporter either. He's going to have to do a lot more than just say the right things.

Advertisement
Right, we should not hold Golden accountable for anything. 10-2? GTFO of here with that. I'll be thrilled to beat Duke next week.

Our fans think everyone hates us when they predict us to win 8 games. Then we over achieve and everyone says it's not go enough because in the 1980s we never lost.

No way man, we should roll in the corpses of Walsh and Lombardi to scheme their way to a perfect season with this talented group we have including a group of upperclassmen that will stockpile the bottom of CFL rosters... youre crazy!!!!

It's not the record, it's the way we've looked, and it's the stubbornness with Coach D. That said, I'm not as down on Golden as a lot on here, but I'm not also not a blind supporter either. He's going to have to do a lot more than just say the right things.

i see your point but in the business of college football, wins is all that matters. Don't get me wrong, we should have won last night. We had no reason to lose and those fumbles were deflating. If Burns and Coley don't fumble we could very well be up 21-0 or even 17-0 going into the second quarter, we win in that case. But any rational person would take a team who gave up 500 yards a game and went 10-2 than a team who gave up 300 yards and finished 8-4 or 7-5

Advertisement
Yes, this fanbase is delusional; still watching 30 for 30 reruns, but last night was inexcusable for a third year coach. There are good loses and bad ones.......last night doesnt have an adjective negative enough to describe it.

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2
we beat the NCAA and he stood by us when he didn't have to
VT is a rivalry game and no matter how good each team is it could always go either way, last year we dominated, this year they did
he's recruited an astonishing amount of talent the last few years and will only get better now without the NCAA cloud (imagine us if he didn't pull in Gilbert and Renfrow for added depth)

everyone is butt hurt about the FSU loss but why? is it because the board was spoiled and wanted to see a national championship? keep in mind, the same board that was doomsday during the offseason and many posters were predicting 4 or 5 losses, but now we lose to two teams and it's fire the whole staff?

FSU is probably the best team in the nation so i don't know why people are so upset about that loss, if you are then please take the shades off and realize that we played solid for the first half but we are just not there YET

we haven't won the way most of us would like to but we are on pace for 10-2 this year, and although it's a let down that we will not have a chance in the ACC championship game... nobody in the acc coastal is beating FSU anyways so i don't think not making it is a massive let down.

if you're not happy with 10-2 this year then GTFO

Its called having a little vision and realizing that things aren't heading in the right direction as far as play on the field is concerned. If we had played VT tough but still lost, then I could agree with you. But since Al and company got here, the defense has been horrible and we continue to make average or bad teams look great and get our butts whooped by good teams. We don't want to wait until the house is completely burnt down before calling the fire department. We smell smoke, so we are just making sure that the phone is close by.

fsu had 2 losses last year with way more talent. i love our fans, they want to lose so they can call for coaches heads yet no one shows up to the games. this board is full of college coaches apparently. smh

If these last two losses haven't made you realize that we're ****...I dunno what to say. If you're content with battling with the Wakes of the world you can **** off.

Advertisement
we have 1 win over a team w a winning record. It's not the record, it's the way we lost last night. That's what hurts the most.

its hurts but last night was just one of those nights. the knee on the punt, the fumbles into the end zone ,etc.

Team is playing worse every week instead of getting better. That's an indictment of the HC. We haven't played a good full game since uf.ag.

Advertisement
We're #24 between Texas and Georgia.
I don't think we look like we belong there either.

its hurts but last night was just one of those nights. the knee on the punt, the fumbles into the end zone ,etc.

That didn't cause the d to give up 500 plus yards and leave guys wide open underneath. It didn't cause Logan Thomas to look like a heisman qb

Loser mentality and an inability to look at the games and not the record.

I would agree with OP. Golden has held it together through tough times, masterful recruiting vs long odds, the UF win was described as a "program changer" (at the time and context matters) and we held our own vs long odds at FSU for the first half. It is still a young team and we have a ways to go.

This fan base does seem irrational given a 7-2 record albeit yesterday was UGLY. In time what matters is a pattern of improvement: one ugly loss doesn't define the coach.

All that being said, watching the post game presser with Golden wasn't very inspiring. I don't know what he could say and he was clearly frustrated but blaming the fumbles and the low snap for 21 points seems to miss the point that the D got shredded. Also, don't like it when a coach says "they" , meaning his players, need to decide who they want to be. It's a cliche but it comes across as blaming players.

Coach and team got to stick together. Hope that's the case going forward.

Fans can follow if they want.

Advertisement
Back