Calling out on barry jackson

I've heard of tampering in professional leagues but is there any precedent for the NCAA penalizing a school for tampering? I've never heard that.

Advertisement
The article essentially said a source in touch with UM said we would love to have him. The necessary implication being the information ultimately came from UM.

On the one hand, sure, simply "lov[ing] to snag" a kid who is on another team isn't a violation. And most college teams would "love to snag Sam Howell" or "love to snag Justin Flowe" if they became available. But just wanting a kid on your team that is on another team isn't a violation of anything. Teams can only get in trouble when they act on those desires.

On the other hand, why would this even be newsworthy if Barry didn't believe UM was taking some action here? The very clear implication from Jacksoff's article is that something (that we all know is potentially a violation) is happening behind the scenes.

There is no evidence of any violation, and there is no violation implied in any way from Jackson's article.

Stevenson's family and friends live in South Florida. So do his old coaches, classmates, teachers, his pet goldfish, etc.

There's no evidence that Miami has contacted Stevenson, or that he's even considering a transfer. The only thing that you can assume from this article is that SOMEBODY wants him to come home. I'm sure a lot of people do. That doesn't imply that anything improper happened.

There's nothing to see here, IMO. Move along.

Do we really have two spots left like Barry indicated in the article? I thought we have at least 3 spots left after adding the DE.

▪ As for cornerback, a source in touch with UM said the Hurricanes would love to snag Georgia and former Miami Southridge cornerback Tyrique Stevenson.

The one big problem: He played for the Bulldogs in their bowl game on Friday and there’s no indication if he wants to transfer to UM or anywhere.

Stevenson — rated the sixth best cornerback and 35th best player in the nation in the 2019 class — has played in 19 games for the Bulldogs over the past two years and has no interceptions, one sack and 10 passes defensed.

Stevenson — who started three regular-season games in 2019 — made a huge play late in Georgia’s comeback bowl win against Cincinnati in Atlanta on Friday, deflecting a Bearcats pass on 3rd and 2.

“Probably was the play of the game. If they complete that, we don’t have a chance to win,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “Did a heck of a job.”

We know Miami has interest and his name has been tossed around internally; this is something to monitor.

The unknown is whether Stevenson has any inclination to leave Georgia and return home; he has given zero public indication if he wants to leave. But there has been chatter inside UM about him.
Part of the reason we can’t have nice things because these idiots publish things like this. Only hurts the hometown team.

This is why @Cribby wasnt name dropping after everyone was begging for a name and why @RVACane and other mods deleted the threads.

I wished everyone would calm the F*** down and let the staff work.

I can’t believe this @$$hole, Barry Jackson, ran with that.

Advertisement
NCAA can't make a case off of a coaching staff's internal conversations. Probably better that it not show up in the media, but that kind of chatter happens all the time.

I've heard of tampering in professional leagues but is there any precedent for the NCAA penalizing a school for tampering? I've never heard that.
Well, if there is one school whom the NCAA loves as a whipping boy, who do you think would be the first to go down for it? It won’t be the SEC school.

Advertisement
How do you guys know this stuff with Stevenson wasn't intentionally given to Jackson to drum up a little internet buzz as a spaghetti against the wall type deal of with the kid?

I'm a full blown member of the "Miami has a persecution complex.....and it's warranted" group but Barry Jackson is the absolute least of my concerns on that front.

Advertisement
265F9201-76EB-47AD-9503-D82D6231E78A.png

How do you guys know this stuff with Stevenson wasn't intentionally given to Jackson to drum up a little internet buzz as a spaghetti against the wall type deal of with the kid?

I'm a full blown member of the "Miami has a persecution complex.....and it's warranted" group but Barry Jackson is the absolute least of my concerns on that front.
I don’t see how Manny would want this out there. His whole “journalistic” intention in my opinion was this quote:

“The one big problem: He played for the Bulldogs in their bowl game on Friday and there’s no indication if he wants to transfer to UM or anywhere.”

Advertisement
so many porsters. he didn't all but say they were tampering. maybe someone reached out to UM. i am sure it happens all the time.

Eh. He shouldn't have done it. But in the grand scheme, I really don't think it's a huge deal. He's a ******, we all know it. But the thread was created (in jest) about putting a hit out on the guy. It's really not that serious.

Well it would be nice if the journalist covering the teams in the SEC did their jobs.

Oh wait they don't want to hurt their home teams or the cash cow...
Manny ain’t giving them nothing else to cover lol.
Should’ve fired some coaches and they’d be digging elsewhere

Advertisement
Back