Calling out on barry jackson

Time for this toxic **** to stop covering sfla he has no decency to him. These last few months were the final straw. From releasing blades medical conditions after being told to wait and now exposing miami for recruiting a kid on another team which could get us in trouble god knows the NCAA needs another reason. And all the ****** years of coverage. I got $5 to start
Maybe I'm dense (ok, not maybe), but I didn't read a single word in Jackson's post that would give anyone pause, or cause, for violations.

What am I missing??

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m confused; where did it say Miami reached out to Stevenson? It said a source mentioned we would love to have him.
Cmon fam, you know how this goes. This BS comes out, if he still transfers to Miami, it looks like we tampered. Now an investigation starts.

Name should have never been mentioned. No SEC reported does this type of shiiit

Barry is kind of a putz and I don't want to be the lone guy defending him, but it reads so odd that there must be some smoke there. It likely won't pan out but there has to be something there other than simply UM coaches wish a former 5 star would come. Kirby doesn't seem too well-liked by his players. Maybe Stevenson wants out.

Way to move the goalposts. Reporting on a coach's arrival or departure is different than reporting on a transfer portal player. There are rules about contact of players that don't apply to coaches.

You are trying to call out some sort of hypocrisy that doesn't apply.
I’m not trying to call out anything. He has no allegiance to Miami. He writes for the struggling newspaper. He’s not writing for canesport or ITU.

Advertisement
This is nothing. NCAA has absolutely zilch on us from this.

Side note: BJ has been on a tear here lately....the heck is wrong w/this guy? Frickin bluewaffles these days smh

Maybe I'm dense (ok, not maybe), but I didn't read a single word in Jackson's post that would give anyone pause for violations.

What am I missing??
Why else would Barry be writing about him if there wasn't smoke there? Otherwise that whole blurb about him could've been cut entirely, because why would we want someone who not only has no chance of coming here, but doesn't want to be here?

Advertisement
And. If it said sources said Baker out at UM, y’all would be celebrating it. It clearly said sources that knew the situation. Could be anyone. It’s not a person from UM or anyone in the staff.
1. UM can do whatever it wants regarding firing its corches and it isn't a recruiting violation. Your comparison is apples to oranges.
2. Jacksoff said a "source in touch with UM" told him UM "would love to snag . . . Stevenson." So while this news came to Jacksoff from a non-UM employee, Jacksoff makes it very clear that his "source" got the information from UM. With Stevenson still in the portal, that is problematic for UM.

If you don't have a problem with a local reporter throwing UM under the bus I guess that's your prerogative. But don't be purposefully naïve about what is happening here and how it could potentially effect UM. It makes you sound like a simp or a troll.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. UM can do whatever it wants regarding firing its corches and it isn't a recruiting violation. Your comparison is apples to oranges.
2. Jacksoff said a "source in touch with UM" told him UM "would love to snag . . . Stevenson." So while this news came to Jacksoff from a non-UM employee, Jacksoff makes it very clear that his "source" got the information from UM. With Stevenson still in the portal, that is problematic for UM.

If you don't have a problem with a local reporter throwing UM under the bus I guess that's your prerogative. But don't be purposefully naïve about what is happening here and how it could potentially effect UM. It makes you sound like a simp or a troll.
Everyone getting mad at reporters for reporting things that people within the program are telling them - how about the people within the program stop telling them these things. This isn't Barry sleuthing through old myspace posts to look for incriminating things a coach said when they were 12.

Tell the coaches/players/staff/etc to stop sharing info with Barry if they don't want it out there - or maybe they do want it out there...

Last edited:
That hack is grasping at straws trying to justify his salary as usual. With his recent history, I seriously doubt he’s got much sauce within the program.

I’m not naive. And sinp or troll, lmao. I don’t do the internet tough guy stuff. Jackson doesn’t have anything invested at UM. He’s not even the UM reporter for the paper. Miami hasn’t even made contact with the kid. It’s a lot like the Haselwood situation.

Advertisement
Back