Calling it right now

Robbymoto

Redshirt Freshman
We beat Nebraska. They are an average, run-of-the-mill Big 10 team. Very beatable even at home and we do have a better roster top to bottom. Expect them to come out and stack the box with 8 or 9. Please Coley, do not run Duke every 1st and 2nd down between the tackles. If we give Kaaya time we can punish them with intermediate routes, especially if they stack the box. Of course the Goldenites will thump their chest and say, see we have turned the corner, this is a program changer, etc. They will mock and belittle us who want Golden gone.

Problem is we will come back and lose to Duke (again). They will amass 500+ yards and will convert over 50% third downs. Cutcliffe knows exactly how to exploit this defense. We will run the exact same 3-4 soft zone with McCord chasing slot recievers all game long. There will be open receivers across the middle all day and we will not stop them on third down. We will not win the weak Coastal (again) even though we have the best talent and recruiting classes.

It has been written. It will be done.

Advertisement
While I'm not completely sold that we beat Nebraska, I agree with the overall point. There is a decent chance we win that game...and if we do, the slurpers will be out in full force.

People must not remember that we were top 10 in defense last year through 4 games...we hadnt payed anybody worth a ****. The offense is also ranked 112th out of 114 teams in 3rd down conversion. That will not win tough/close games.

It's not safe to 'call' anything with this team. Every game from here on is (at best) 50/50.

Internet-Meme.png

Advertisement
We SHOULD win this game. The Big 10 sucks, and Nebraska is not a very good team. But the next time we don't play down to an opponent will be the first time. I have no confidence we will win a game we should win.

We SHOULD win this game. The Big 10 sucks, and Nebraska is not a very good team. But the next time we don't play down to an opponent will be the first time. I have no confidence we will win a game we should win.
It's a road game against a team with a pulse. We should dominate Nebraska, same as Louisville. Even if you factor in the road game for normal college teams, we should win this game. But excuse me if I need to see an example first when we have had failure after failure in the same situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We beat Nebraska. They are an average, run-of-the-mill Big 10 team. Very beatable even at home and we do have a better roster top to bottom. Expect them to come out and stack the box with 8 or 9. Please Coley, do not run Duke every 1st and 2nd down between the tackles. If we give Kaaya time we can punish them with intermediate routes, especially if they stack the box. Of course the Goldenites will thump their chest and say, see we have turned the corner, this is a program changer, etc. They will mock and belittle us who want Golden gone.

Problem is we will come back and lose to Duke (again). They will amass 500+ yards and will convert over 50% third downs. Cutcliffe knows exactly how to exploit this defense. We will run the exact same 3-4 soft zone with McCord chasing slot recievers all game long. There will be open receivers across the middle all day and we will not stop them on third down. We will not win the weak Coastal (again) even though we have the best talent and recruiting classes.

Lol thank you for your expert analysis

It's a road game against a team with a pulse. We should dominate Nebraska, same as Louisville. Even if you factor in the road game for normal college teams, we should win this game. But excuse me if I need to see an example first when we have had failure after failure in the same situation.

Exactly. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

This is another team we should beat just like Louisville and the countless others that have put the leash on Greaseball and turned him into their sweaty fat ankled dog.

Advertisement
OL will be our downfall
Unfortunately I agree. I like the young McDermott but he's not quite ready yet. The middle is terrible, RT is terrible, and Flowers is making a lot of mistakes.

You just don't win road games like this with a ****** OL

I agree with everything here

Advertisement
Back