California’s Far Pay to Play Bill

Anyone hear about this I read it today, the NCAA is ****ed about it. Law makers are waiting for the governor to sign off on it.

Advertisement
South Carolina trying to do it to

Psssshh, like they're not already paying them.

The more time goes on, the less I'm thinking that legally paying the players would hurt us (UM Canes football) and the more I'm thinking bringing it above board would actually help us. I mean, the schools that are playing for championships are blatantly and practically openly paying players and nobody gives a fugg about it. We have a criminal buy a kid a steak and the whole world wants to shut us down for three years straight.

If paying the players was legal, maybe we'd actually be on a more even playing field.

Problem is, even if it was legal, I don't believe Baga or clem$on would stop cheating, and I don't believe anyone would start caring about it either.

Advertisement
I think it would help us. Teams are already paying guys so let’s let our guys get exposure in a big market like Miami. Schools like Miami and usc and UCLA would benefit greatly.

I don't necessarily disagree with Teblows' impassioned but 6th grade intellect level (talk about a dude whose actual intelligence has been vastly overrated) take here BUT I absolutely can see how he's easily attacked as the messenger too.

F*ck Tebow!!

As much as I believe paying players will hurt the team I love the most, it's also the right thing to do. Enough with the "You're getting a free education" BS cause the last thing on a P5 coaches mind is the type of Education his players receive. This is a violent game, where the wear and tear isnt felt til years later. EVERYONE, except the fans, makes $ in this sport. And aside from a few, most dont deserve that $.

As great as Nick Saban and Urban Meyer's are in the world, they arent sh*t without the players. That's why they had out bags cause they realize having the best players helps their chances of winning. And with more winning comes more $. CFB is the only industry where there is no tickle down to the actual workers. Profits increase and their benefits (legal benefits) stay the same as always.

Tebow is the perfect face of the 'dont pay the players' movement. Heres a well-off kid who probably would have been able to attend college without a scholarship, who travels around the world doing missionary work.

You think kids in overtown can relate to Tebow? How about the college QB who also dont make it in the pros but cant land a gig on ESPN?? If Tebow doesnt want to capitalize on the fact that his college Jersey was the 3rd best seller in the WORLD during his college years, hes a f*ucking moron! Not everyone can afford to turn down that kind of $.

Advertisement
F*ck Tebow!!

As much as I believe paying players will hurt the team I love the most, it's also the right thing to do. Enough with the "You're getting a free education" BS cause the last thing on a P5 coaches mind is the type of Education his players receive. This is a violent game, where the wear and tear isnt felt til years later. EVERYONE, except the fans, makes $ in this sport. And aside from a few, most dont deserve that $.

As great as Nick Saban and Urban Meyer's are in the world, they arent sh*t without the players. That's why they had out bags cause they realize having the best players helps their chances of winning. And with more winning comes more $. CFB is the only industry where there is no tickle down to the actual workers. Profits increase and their benefits (legal benefits) stay the same as always.

Tebow is the perfect face of the 'dont pay the players' movement. Heres a well-off kid who probably would have been able to attend college without a scholarship, who travels around the world doing missionary work.

You think kids in overtown can relate to Tebow? How about the college QB who also dont make it in the pros but cant land a gig on ESPN?? If Tebow doesnt want to capitalize on the fact that his college Jersey was the 3rd best seller in the WORLD during his college years, hes a f*ucking moron! Not everyone can afford to turn down that kind of $.

I can't go down the actual rabbit hole of the debate on this but I will say this about Teblows too- I remember the shots of his family home on Draft Day. To call the Teblows "middle class" would almost certainly be erroneous. I doubt they're "prosperity gospel" Chreeestians but they certainly aren't tithing 90% of their income (however it was generated) to missionary efforts.

And if every state does it?

doubt it...California is so progressive that it's not even funny.
Do you really see the good ol' boys in Alabama allowing their indentured servants under Saban to be paid for bringing millions to the school...**** no

it doesn't go into effect until I think 2023. by then the NCAA will already have something in place. NCAA will probably allow players to profit off their image but not use the NCAA or their teams logo

now about paying players.........

free stage to showcase your talents
paid for travel to and from games
60k average a year for tuition, room and board
expert nutrition
good facilities
medical care
expert strength training and facilities

......probably over 100k a year in benefits to a player... if schools have to pay players, then should they have to pay for the above out of their pocket?

it doesn't go into effect until I think 2023. by then the NCAA will already have something in place. NCAA will probably allow players to profit off their image but not use the NCAA or their teams logo

expert nutrition
good facilities
medical care

......probably over 100k a year in benefits to a player... if schools have to pay players, then should they have to pay for the above out of their pocket?

Let’s be real, a lot of these kids aren’t going to college, they’re going to try to turn pro. Although I think they should utilize what they’re being given, I’d say ALOT don’t.

These kids should be getting paid, the NCAA is making billions off of these schools and kids, the kids at the very least deserve a piece of the pie, even if it’s small.

Advertisement
From what i understand it’s not about schools paying athletes it’s about letting them make money off their likeness
That’s literally what it’s all about and folks forever shift the goalposts to schools paying the players. 100k a year for kids at a private school sure but not no **** public university.

Advertisement

expert nutrition
good facilities
medical care

Think of how much money some of the stars are leaving on the table by not being able to use their likeness. Athletes/Celebrities are making BIG money on social media. One of the few side hustles a full time athlete/student has time for.

Zion lost MILLIONS last year.

Advertisement
Back