2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Advertisement
Mario loves these 6-6 and 6-7 DEs turns them into monsters I love it
If you’re gonna take projects in the trenches, take freaks with NFL elite size! That’s was my biggest gripe with the last staff. It was the exact opposite, they took a bunch of tweeners with questionable size. When they didn’t work out we were stuck with a bunch of small out of position players.

At least with this guy, if he doesn’t work out he’ll be 6’7 270lb’s walking off the bus.

Last OV to us on 6/24 weekend before his 7/1 announcement.

All in on this kid with his upside. Potential game wrecker at edge IMO. He is extremely raw, sky is the limit with this kid.
We ever pull a kid from Anaheim? Would love to see this as well

R
If you’re gonna take projects in the trenches, take freaks with NFL elite size! That’s was my biggest gripe with the last staff. It was the exact opposite, they took a bunch of tweeners with questionable size. When they didn’t work out we were stuck with a bunch of small out of position players.

At least with this guy, if he doesn’t work out he’ll be 6’7 270lb’s walking off the bus.
Right keep stacking those prototypes

Advertisement
How are we lookin here?
DBE81C1A-71E3-49CF-9FEA-30B2E3AEC39B.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm assuming this means a life changing bag cuz nobody in their right minds considers some crawfish as life changing
From the article (TFWIW):

Anaheim (Calif.) Fairmont Preparatory Academy edge Collins Acheampong experienced an official visit he won’t forget at LSU this weekend.

The No. 339 overall prospect in the On3 Consensus rankings for the class of 2023 made the long journey from Southern California to Baton Rouge.

Early on in the trip, a member of his homestead family suffered a medical emergency. LSU’s coaching staff comforted Acheampong and his homestead family enough that they decided to take the visit. Acheampong thoroughly enjoyed his time considering the circumstances.

He also learned a lot about LSU’s program. By the time he was done with the visit, he asked his family if they’d trust that he’d be in good hands at LSU, the response was a resounding ‘yes’.

“Seeing how they reacted and how they handled everything and seeing how they comforted us to be able to go on about our day set the tone for the weekend,” Acheampong told On3. “It answered the question if they can trust me with these people.”

LSU made a move for Collins Acheampong this weekend​

LSU was a program that made the backend of Acheampong’s top six. They have quickly rocketed to ‘near the top’ for Acheampong.

The off-field care is a big piece of the puzzle for Acheampong. Acheampong also felt a familiar feeling being in the Louisiana climate. He lives in California. He has for the last three years.

Acheampong’s roots are in Ghana.

“It was the atmosphere, I felt that nostalgic feeling of being back home,” Acheampong said. “The rain, the humidity, it was surreal. In California, you don’t get that. People out here don’t like it, but I love that warm rain. That was special to me because I missed that.”

LSU has a rich history. That also caught Acheampong’s attention.

“It’s very cultured and it has a rich history,” Acheampong said. “Where I come from we have a very rich history. It makes me feel like I want to learn everything I can. It feels just like home.”

What’s next?​

Acheampong will take an official visit to Michigan next weekend. The four-star edge hopes to get a little more in-depth experience with the coaching staff in Ann Arbor.

“I want to communicate more with the coaches because last time I didn’t get the chance to do that,” Acheampong said. “This time I’ll get the chance to talk to them more. I’ll get to experience the whole campus and see what that life is like. That’s what these visits are about for me at this point.”

From the article (TFWIW):

Anaheim (Calif.) Fairmont Preparatory Academy edge Collins Acheampong experienced an official visit he won’t forget at LSU this weekend.

The No. 339 overall prospect in the On3 Consensus rankings for the class of 2023 made the long journey from Southern California to Baton Rouge.

Early on in the trip, a member of his homestead family suffered a medical emergency. LSU’s coaching staff comforted Acheampong and his homestead family enough that they decided to take the visit. Acheampong thoroughly enjoyed his time considering the circumstances.

He also learned a lot about LSU’s program. By the time he was done with the visit, he asked his family if they’d trust that he’d be in good hands at LSU, the response was a resounding ‘yes’.

“Seeing how they reacted and how they handled everything and seeing how they comforted us to be able to go on about our day set the tone for the weekend,” Acheampong told On3. “It answered the question if they can trust me with these people.”

LSU made a move for Collins Acheampong this weekend​

LSU was a program that made the backend of Acheampong’s top six. They have quickly rocketed to ‘near the top’ for Acheampong.

The off-field care is a big piece of the puzzle for Acheampong. Acheampong also felt a familiar feeling being in the Louisiana climate. He lives in California. He has for the last three years.

Acheampong’s roots are in Ghana.

“It was the atmosphere, I felt that nostalgic feeling of being back home,” Acheampong said. “The rain, the humidity, it was surreal. In California, you don’t get that. People out here don’t like it, but I love that warm rain. That was special to me because I missed that.”

LSU has a rich history. That also caught Acheampong’s attention.

“It’s very cultured and it has a rich history,” Acheampong said. “Where I come from we have a very rich history. It makes me feel like I want to learn everything I can. It feels just like home.”

What’s next?​

Acheampong will take an official visit to Michigan next weekend. The four-star edge hopes to get a little more in-depth experience with the coaching staff in Ann Arbor.

“I want to communicate more with the coaches because last time I didn’t get the chance to do that,” Acheampong said. “This time I’ll get the chance to talk to them more. I’ll get to experience the whole campus and see what that life is like. That’s what these visits are about for me at this point.”
Rich history, culture, and warm rain 🤔. I know a place that checks all those boxes. LSU might have made a move but Miami sounds like a place he'll truly fall in love with as long as he's truly comfortable with our coaches.

Advertisement
“Life changing experience” is definitely an overused term used by 98% of the recruits on a D1 program visit. It goes right along with the following.
“It was Amazing”
“The best I’ve seen.”
“It’s really different there.”
“I can definitely see myself there.”
“They made it a tough decision.”
“Those are my guys for real.”

Unless they commit right then and there… that **** means nothing. Yeah

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back