CFB Cale Gundy resigns at Oklahoma after using the N word in a team meeting

Advertisement
Does the federal government still have a Bureau of Indian Affairs?
1. Don’t know.

2. Per the post, non-indigenous people don’t get to define how to use terms that don’t belong to them. Since indigenous people don’t like the term and they believe it’s derogatory and insulting, the term shouldn’t be used. We should consistent, IMO.

After hearing Venables toss this man right in front of the bus without remorse...I think I can simply jump to the conclusion that they were looking for any reason to get rid of this man.

Advertisement
A lot of this is optics too. You can’t have a coach on your team, especially when the majority of the team is black and the majority of kids you are recruiting are black, running around saying the N word all willy-nilly. Venables is the new guy in town. He has to set the tone. It was the right move.
agreed. in addition, to make the rules clear, no one, including blacks, should be allowed to use the word.

Advertisement
Kids aren't dumb. If they expressed displeasure, it's for a good reason. No support from players saying it was a mistake or we should give the man a second chance.

How sad that grown men behave this way. There's a word some people can say and others can't? This word can be said with permission in certain circumstances by certain people? How bout we all grow up and everybody can say it or nobody can say it? Seems fair and cuts out all the bull****. I don't see anybody crying about any other racial slurs.

Who or what's stopping you from saying it? The 1st Amendment says you can say it all you want, but I wouldn't suggest you say it in front of a group of Black Men, not if you want the 2 1/2 teeth in your mouth...Ciao.

I dont get it...
Maybe you should read what you wrote then. It was a ridiculous interpretation of what we know happened and it sounded like a sensationalized story put out on one of those mediums. Pretty simple

Advertisement
Who or what's stopping you from saying it? The 1st Amendment says you can say it all you want, but I wouldn't suggest you say it in front of a group of Black Men, not if you want the 2 1/2 teeth in your mouth...Ciao.
The coach in question said it in front of a group of black men. They didn't lay a finger on him. They apparently came to his defense.

While I have no plans of using the word, your theory is incorrect.

You're a tough guy though, I get it.

Advertisement
Back