CFB Cale Gundy resigns at Oklahoma after using the N word in a team meeting

Advertisement
Respect the fact you admitted to having a politically driven burner account to troll with while you were a mod.

Most guys don't have the balls to come out and admit they were violating their own rules.

Props dude.
Ha the irony! I don't think I had more than one hand of posts. Double entendre maybe? IDK?!

Let me share my thoughts and personal experiences to provide some context.

People use that word all the time. They just don't do it in public or around brown people most of the time.

I grew up in Iowa which at the time was 2% African American and now it's 4%.

So, I've been accustomed to being the only person of color in many group settings. Countless times I would hear that word come out of the mouths of my Caucasian peers.

They were so comfortable with me that my race was somewhat invisible to them. Not the color of my skin, but rather how I carried myself. They were talking and then it it would slip out. They'd turn red struggling to find their words. After saying "n****", they'd say, "Oh, I wasn't talking about you. You're different." As if that was somehow comforting to me. It wasn't and I'm not any different.

The would always end in an apology. I would look them in their eyes and tell them don't apologize for something you do at home or when I'm not around. This is just who you are.

My personal perspective is I don't use or accept it from anyone regardless of their ethnicity.

However, I do understand and know the distinction of when it's used in a derogatory manner and when it's not.

The reason it's unacceptable for Caucasians is because they created the word. Born out of slavery with all the hatred, bigotry, and psychological exploitation that branded itself to it.

It is a word they can never take back and made inoffensive. NOT EVER. They don't get to change history on this one.

It's not much difference for Native Ameeican Indians. I can't imagine how it must feel to have another race try to exterminate you and then a hundred years later they assimilate the culture into the mainstream making it their own with a perversive exploitation of Redskins and tomahawk chops all the while softly painting over the hundreds of years of genocide.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/native-american-genocide

The Native Indian experience is synonymous to the African American experience in many ways. In describing how their exploitation into mainstream culture paints over the hundreds of years of genocidal treatment. It is my opinion that Black people are doing the same thing by repurposing the word. It paints of the history of the word and what is attached to it. It makes it feel like it was just something black/brown skinned people were called. It removes the entire context of the psychological trauma of slavery. Perhaps that's why black people use the word for a different meaning. Maybe to remove the psychological trauma, but it still exists. Otherwise, people wouldn't be upset when White people say it.

Thanks for this post man.

Advertisement
so, Cale Gundy loves to lie and he loves to use the n-word.

According to his statement, when Gundy said the word, he was immediately horrified. But Venables said Gundy used the word multiple times.

so, Cale Gundy loves to lie and he loves to use the n-word.

According to his statement, when Gundy said the word, he was immediately horrified. But Venables said Gundy used the word multiple times.
This changes the narrative of what I posted to your question earlier

Multiple times... yea, he got what he deserved.

He was actually in a meeting with players and one player wasn't paying attention so he took his iPad and read aloud what was on the players iPad. Shouldn't the player be dismissed from the team as well?
Agreed this is a screwed up world

Advertisement
So this is your 190th post? Really?

Man you better take that **** somewhere tf else or with another poster on here, kid. I ain't the one, I'm looking to go scorched earth on a mfer
Can't even answer the question . because I'm not on the this website for over 10000 posts doesn't mean I can't have an opinion

How sad that grown men behave this way. There's a word some people can say and others can't? This word can be said with permission in certain circumstances by certain people? How bout we all grow up and everybody can say it or nobody can say it? Seems fair and cuts out all the bull****. I don't see anybody crying about any other racial slurs.
I agree you can't some people can say a word and some people can't that would be racist

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on this case. I think it would be best for everybody if it was a word that just wasn't used by anybody.

Honest question. If it were a black coach that read the players note to the room would he also be forced to resign?
We all know the answer to that

People use that word all the time. They just don't do it in public or around brown people most of the time.

So, I've been accustomed to being the only person of color in many group settings. Countless times I would hear that word come out of the mouths of my Caucasian peers.

They were so comfortable with me that my race was somewhat invisible to them. Not the color of my skin, but rather how I carried myself. They were talking and then it it would slip out. They'd turn red struggling to find their words. After saying "n****", they'd say, "Oh, I wasn't talking about you. You're different." As if that was somehow comforting to me. It wasn't and I'm not any different.

The would always end in an apology. I would look them in their eyes and tell them don't apologize for something you do at home or when I'm not around. This is just who you are.

My personal perspective is I don't use or accept it from anyone regardless of their ethnicity.

However, I do understand and know the distinction of when it's used in a derogatory manner and when it's not.

The reason it's unacceptable for Caucasians is because they created the word. Born out of slavery with all the hatred, bigotry, and psychological exploitation that branded itself to it.

It is a word they can never take back and made inoffensive. NOT EVER. They don't get to change history on this one.

It's not much difference for Native Ameeican Indians. I can't imagine how it must feel to have another race try to exterminate you and then a hundred years later they assimilate the culture into the mainstream making it their own with a perversive exploitation of Redskins and tomahawk chops all the while softly painting over the hundreds of years of genocide.

The Native Indian experience is synonymous to the African American experience in many ways. In describing how their exploitation into mainstream culture paints over the hundreds of years of genocidal treatment. It is my opinion that Black people are doing the same thing by repurposing the word. It paints of the history of the word and what is attached to it. It makes it feel like it was just something black/brown skinned people were called. It removes the entire context of the psychological trauma of slavery. Perhaps that's why black people use the word for a different meaning. Maybe to remove the psychological trauma, but it still exists. Otherwise, people wouldn't be upset when White people say it.
I know I maybe in the minority as a black man who grew up in Miami but that word was never allowed in my house especially around my mother. I remember saying it my brother as a kid and my mom heard me and ask me do u understand what that word means and of course I said no and she explain the history behind that hurtful word and if I use it again she was gonna wash my mouth out with soap and less than an hour later I said it again and it didn't end well for me that to say to the least and since that day I've never used the word out of respect for my parents, grand parents and myself. Also I was raised by much older parents who had me in there late 40's and had every reason to feel the way they do about the word because what they dealt with and saw in there life growing up in the deep south.

Advertisement
I know I maybe in the minority as a black man who grew up in Miami but that word was never allowed in my house especially around my mother. I remember saying it my brother as a kid and my mom heard me and ask me do u understand what that word means and of course I said no and she explain the history behind that hurtful word and if I use it again she was gonna wash my mouth out with soap and less than an hour later I said it again and it didn't end well for me that to say to the least and since that day I've never used the word out of respect for my parents, grand parents and myself. Also I was raised by much older parents who had me in there late 40's and had every reason to feel the way they do about the word because what they dealt with and saw in there life growing up in the deep south.
I kind of had the same experience. I also tried to educate myself about history. There is so much left out from school and a lot of it is written to certain narrative.

I think a lot of people aren't tuned into it's origin. If people dig into it, it's really profound how it was used to create a power dynamic and a cast structure.

I kind of had the same experience. I also tried to educate myself about history. There is so much left out from school and a lot of it is written to certain narrative.

I think a lot of people aren't tuned into it's origin. If people dig into it, it's really profound how it was used to create a power dynamic and a cast structure.
Yeah, it bothered my mother to the point where I couldn't even play hip hop music around her. She was son confused why black people even uttered the word especially around mixed company. Btw. I'm 48 ,both my parents was born in the 20's and both have past on but even my older siblings don't use the word or their kids.

Thanks for this post man.

Yeah, it bothered my mother to the point where I couldn't even play hip hop music around her. She was son confused why black people even uttered the word especially around mixed company. Btw. I'm 48 ,both my parents was born in the 20's and both have past on but even my older siblings don't use the word or their kids.
It's a part of our culture. No denying it. It has to be perplexing for non Black/Brown to hear it in front of them.

Advertisement
It's a part of our culture. No denying it. It has to be perplexing for non Black/Brown to hear it in front of them.
To say the least, lol. I had a lot of ****** friends growing up because my mom best friend was ****** and I would take some them to play bball sometimes in the hood and the confused look on there face when they would hear people call each other that word was crazy and I would have to explain to them but **** I was confuse to but I Iike you said it is part of the culture but still doesnt make it right. If more black heard stories from the older generation who grew up around extreme racism or prejudice I don't think it would be said as much because that's what made me not use the word.

It would always end in an apology. I would look them in their eyes and tell them don't apologize for something you do at home or when I'm not around. This is just who you are.

The Native Indian experience is synonymous to the Black experience in many ways. In describing how their exploitation into mainstream culture paints over the hundreds of years of genocidal treatment. In my opinion, Black people are doing the same thing by repurposing the word. It paints over the history of the word and what is attached to it. It makes it feel like it was just something black/brown skinned people were called. It removes the entire context of the psychological trauma of slavery. Perhaps that's why black people use the word for a different meaning. Maybe to remove the psychological trauma, but it still exists. Otherwise, people wouldn't be upset when White people say it.
You never cease to surprise me. Excellent post.

You ain’t never lied

Advertisement
Back