Calais Campbell

Advertisement
Starting to remind me of a defensive version of Frank Gore

like ****, will he ever slow down?

Advertisement
Would be? He's a near lock in my opinion. The media loves him, he has good stats and accolades to make an argument right now. He's still playing so there's still time for him to build to an already impressive resume.
I think so too. However, I know it was Arizona’s system but it looks like they were holding him back. He had gotten 35 sacks since leaving Arizona and the year isn’t over yet.

Hall of Fame? More like the Hall of Fame should be happy he'd grace them with his presence.

Advertisement
A lot of folks on this website would criticize recruiting him if he was a senior today.

I was around then, too. Everybody was happy about it. Ted Hendricks comps.

The rest of that class was a disaster. We signed kids from 10 states and they were all terrible.

I was around then, too. Everybody was happy about it. Ted Hendricks comps.

The rest of that class was a disaster. We signed kids from 10 states and they were all terrible.

That wasn’t directed at you (or anyone in particular).

That wasn’t directed at you (or anyone in particular).

I don’t think anyone has a problem with freaks out of state. Campbell was a monster and a blue chipper. It’s the OOS sleepers that have not been good to us.

In that class, for example, we signed Cedrick Hill (Georgia), Josh Kerr (Ohio), Carlos Armour (Tennessee), Tyrone Byrd (Texas) and Derron Thomas (Louisiana).

Now, everybody busted in that ‘04 class, including local guys. But the OOS three-star bust rate has been disproportionately high for the two decades since Butch.

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone has a problem with freaks out of state. Campbell was a monster and a blue chipper. It’s the OOS sleepers that have not been good to us.

In that class, for example, we signed Cedrick Hill (Georgia), Josh Kerr (Ohio), Carlos Armour (Tennessee), Tyrone Byrd (Texas) and Derron Thomas (Louisiana).

Now, everybody busted in that ‘04 class, including local guys. But the OOS three-star bust rate has been disproportionately high for the two decades since Butch.

Was soooo excited to land Cedrick Hill and Carlos Armour. ****. I knew the other guys werent anything but filler.

I don’t think most people would’ve considered Calais a slam dunk 5 STAR recruit who would’ve had this type of nfl career. He was athletic but super super skinny. In a way a developmental prospect with high upside. Jared was benching more than him coming out of high school. Not saying a bench press is insanely meaningful, just an indiction that he was not a dominating physical presence like a Jadaveon Clooney or Josh Sweat coming out of high school. Even now he’s not the strongest or fastest, just a smart player who can use his length and knows how to use leverage and natural athleticism to make plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back