Cager

CalCane

Redshirt Freshman
I hope the coaches can light a fire under the kid. After watching the FSU game I just keep seeing the same thing over and over with him and it’s all about a lack of aggressiveness. There’s a bunch of plays where if he just battles and fights on his routes and his jumps he might have a chance at coming down with the ball. Kind of like every pass Berrios is in on. I’m not sure maybe it’s just he’s a laid back dude and doesn’t have that nastiness in him. He just seems to be goin through the motions. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Member they said we beat bama for Lawrence Jager

Str8 up lie like i thought it was.....he had the fake offer written in crayon

We will see what he is made of the rest of the year. He will get another opportunity to prove himself. Hopefully he steps up.

only thing you're seeing, is that the guy is not quick, nor is he a speedster!

He's a possession receiver at best. Should only be thrown to on slants, out routes & red zone targets.

Maybe he hasn't fully regained his speed, but has no business being thrown at deep.

Advertisement
Can't trash Rosier, Berrios, and Langham anymore, so people are moving on to Cager, how predictable.

He had a bad game, and Langham should get more reps. That doesn't mean his scholarship should be pulled like some are crying about.

If it were up to CIS groupthink, we'd have about 10 players on the roster right now

only thing you're seeing, is that the guy is not quick, nor is he a speedster!

He's a possession receiver at best. Should only be thrown to on slants, out routes & red zone targets.

Maybe he hasn't fully regained his speed, but has no business being thrown at deep.

Not sure what makes you say that. He was open deep twice. 1st time he dropped the ball, 2nd time Rosier overthrew him. What seems to be missing is confidence and aggression like OP mentioned.

Advertisement
He was open in the endzone and Rosier over threw him for an INT, and he runs a legit 4.4-4.5. What ****es me off is that the refs seem to allow him to get mugged because he's big, kinda like how NBA officials always allowed defenders more contact against Shaq than they ever did against Kobe. The FSU defender knocked him down twice on the final drive. The first maybe you could call incidental contact, but his route was impeded to the point Cager had to run over the guy to stay in bounds. But the second, he was just flat out pushed down from behind. He's not going to get those calls, it doesn't seem, unless he really gets passionate about it and bring attention to it.

Can't trash Rosier, Berrios, and Langham anymore, so people are moving on to Cager, how predictable.

He had a bad game, and Langham should get more reps. That doesn't mean his scholarship should be pulled like some are crying about.

If it were up to CIS groupthink, we'd have about 10 players on the roster right now

Get over that nobody is trashing anyone. He’s not the same lanky kid he was when he got here. He’s spent time in the weight room and coaches keep pushing him out there because he’s showing them something. Maybe it’s potential I have no idea. I just see a lackadaisical effort in running routes and going after the ball. He’s got size and strength. He gets a fire and goes up after some of those balls and he comes down with some big catches. He runs his *** off on those deep balls and maybe instead of them getting tangled up he gets the flag. Looks like an effort issue I’d like to see change. Maybe it’s not who he is that was the point of the post

People keep thinking that. Cager was not a take for Bama just like Dean was not a take for Bama. Can’t blama Bama either, looks like their evaluations were spot on. Neither of those guys can do much.

Advertisement
Looks like his knee is still bothering him to me. Rounds out his routes instead of planting, and running kind of gingerly.

The moment was too big for him, he’ll grow & learn from it.

Advertisement

People keep thinking that. Cager was not a take for Bama just like Dean was not a take for Bama. Can’t blama Bama either, looks like their evaluations were spot on. Neither of those guys can do much.

Dean has actually looked good when he's had chances.

Of course you're a pathetic troll who wants Saban's **** so you prob haven't noticed

Remember when Dorset dropped those two bombs against ND, he turned out okay. The guys is a R-Soph, coming off an ACL tear, give him a **** break.

He had a bad game, I'll bet you he ends up with at least 5 TDs by the end of the year.

Cant be too hard on these players. We be so quick to write them off. He is a good player. Playing FSU is no joke. I expect him to bounce back and contribute. We are just over a third thru the season. This guy is talented and was balling before getting injured. He will rebound, just like Delaney, maybe even Knowles.

Berrios was written off, Rosier written off, Langham, written off. We need to stop dumping on these players soon as they go through a rough spell. I dump on coaches quicker than the players if I'm honest.

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back