Cager

I was at the game yesterday. He was limping badly during plays and during special teams. Either he's acting up for no reason, or coaches are putting players out there when they shouldn't be. Doubt it's the latter.

We have 73 scholarship players and have Homer as our primary Gunner. Not to mention Homer and Walton combined for a tackle on a PR against FSU (when Walton was clearly ****ed).

If you can walk you're playing this year.

You still find someone else to take Homer's spot.

Advertisement
I was at the game yesterday. He was limping badly during plays and during special teams. Either he's acting up for no reason, or coaches are putting players out there when they shouldn't be. Doubt it's the latter.

We have 73 scholarship players and have Homer as our primary Gunner. Not to mention Homer and Walton combined for a tackle on a PR against FSU (when Walton was clearly ****ed).

He's obviously light years better than the next guy and our STs are bad enough.

Homer isn't Vince Papale. We need him on offense and the risk is insanely disproportional to the "reward".

Cager isnt a good wr period i never got the hype, he gets no seperation and Langham doesnt either but fights for that rock and is clutch.

Homer isn't Vince Papale. We need him on offense and the risk is insanely disproportional to the "reward".

I have been off the post for a long time but this stuff with cager really gets under my skin. Cager is the perfect example of why Golden set us back. I know i told this story 50 times. I spoke to Coley and got him to offer Nasir Upshir a 5 star kid now a redshirt fresh at FSU. I told him his teammate DJ Moore, a 5'11/6'0ft wr who runs a 4.3 wanted to play with nasir. Coley tells me to dm both their info to Eric Josephs and say "Coach Coley said to send this." Josephs proceeded to block me. (Glad that dork is suffering in Rocky Top) Anyway, they offered nasir. i told them DJ was better than Chatman, whos claim to fame was a one handed catch on a blurry youtube clip (and was never coming) and Cager, who is a lanky, slow, soft, injury prone wr. I understand this board loves him because he talks alot of junk on twitter but this kid is not a miami caliber player. there's no bouncing back when you had nothing to bounce back from. Meanwhile, dj did more his freshman year that Cager will do in his career. DJ is now a true jr and having an all big ten season with a 3rd string qb after going for almost 700 yards receiving last year. ( 6 games, almost 700 yards and 7td's plus a rushing td this season so far). This is why richt has such a mess to clean up. You dont even offer a kid who has made huge plays against Ohio St, Mich St. Wisconsin, etc. anyone could have looked at cager in hs and seen he was trash. no way that kid runs more better than a 4.6 He is a message board all american just like trayone gray and others. Richt would have never recruited him here and in the future he wont be recruiting kids like this so just forget this kid exists until he transfers.

Tell me DJ wouldnt do damage with AR and Berrios this year. hes playing with weak team at maryland and makes most of it. Golden wouldnt even offer. smh

[video=youtube;c7VBWTmJ1TY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7VBWTmJ1TY[/video]

Advertisement
Cager will be fine ultimately, but as long as he has a knee brace on he can’t be at his best. (Or, at least that’s what tells me that he’s either physically or mentally unready) I’m hoping that watching Langham learn how to “be big” - use his body, will help him learn the same; build his confidence to believe that a ball in the air is his, not 50/50. I think the staff knows and they’re force feeding him reps so he will get it; be ready when they reall need him; basically, the switch turns on. (Harley is a bundle of talent and he also is playing with a bit of deer in headlights; might say the same about Thomas. Saw Donaldson, who has the makings of a first rounder get whipped a few times too)

Can blame high throw on Rosier but it was still catchable and that’s what great receivers do. He could have caught the balls at FSU but he would have been hit. He has to get past that. He’s not being aggressive. It doesn’t mean he can’t be aggressive. He just has some learning to do.

cager wasnt even that good as a fresh. he doesnt even know how ot catch the ball properly. how to use his hands and body. im sorry. Kids like him, gray, knowles, and jackson have no businesss on a miami roster. thank god richt is here.

The last few guys we wrote off turned out to help us a whole lot the past couple weeks. He’s struggling for sure but let’s not completely write the kid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine, but what more does Langham have to do to get those targets/snaps? How about those fades in the end-zone?

Agree that langham has surpassed him and should be getting those reps. Cager looks slow as **** out there and shouldn’t be getting a lot of reps right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Cager is 6'5" and fast (he is a 4.4 guy) and should dominate period. Let's see if he can get healthy and put it together. My main issue thus far is he doesn't fight for over thrown balls and seems to have alligator arms, but he is to talented and young to give up on.

Cager is 6'5" and fast (he is a 4.4 guy) and should dominate period. Let's see if he can get healthy and put it together. My main issue thus far is he doesn't fight for over thrown balls and seems to have alligator arms, but he is to talented and young to give up on.

uhhhhh what?

uhhhhh what?

Yeah i dont see the 4.4 speed. Im pretty sure its the knee tho. The problem is Harley plays bigger than him. He cant beat anyone one on one forn
a jumpball.

Cager isnt a good wr period i never got the hype, he gets no seperation and Langham doesnt either but fights for that rock and is clutch.

You are a front runner.. before this year you was screaming get rid of Langham. lmao

Advertisement

uhhhhh what?

Yeah i dont see the 4.4 speed. Im pretty sure its the knee tho. The problem is Harley plays bigger than him. He cant beat anyone one on one forn
a jumpball.

4.6 at best. watch this hs tape. he didnt look like a burner against maryland kids or whereever he played

Richards, Thomas, and Berrios are the perfect combo, need to get them healthy and rolling

thomas will be very good with an offseason of s& c and coaching. he needed an adjustment period, not a south florida kid use to the speed.

Advertisement
Cage is playing like he's 5'10 with no confidence. The knee injury is mentally hurting him now.

Langham has separated himself. And before he did Dayall Harris had earned the starting job ahead of the Toledo game.

I guess there's still time for him to emerge but other guys are stepping up.

uhhhhh what?

a jumpball.

4.6 at best. watch this hs tape. he didnt look like a burner against maryland kids or whereever he played

even before the knee dude was not running no **** 4.4

Richards, Thomas, and Berrios are the perfect combo, need to get them healthy and rolling

Harley and Thomas numbers would improve if we didnt have a streaky guy at qb, dont get me wrong most proprs to Malik but the wr numbers r down because of the inaccuracy. But hes winning and playing like a winner so I wont complain about it Ill take it

Advertisement
Back