Cager

Advertisement
We will see what he is made of the rest of the year. He will get another opportunity to prove himself. Hopefully he steps up.

he will cause the comp will slow down, but against fsu types with defensive speed he wont get seperation. Im pretty sure he will make some plays against slower teams. GT is always slow

he should've caught that jump ball against taylor but those 2 deep throws late before langhams td were way overthrown by rosier. cager will be fine.

One bad game does not define a players career. I am really not worried in what I saw from Cager. He will get plenty more opportunities to make plays for us

Advertisement
I see what Rok is doing here

I hope I'm wrong because we really need someone to step up with Richards out.

This offseason I predicted that he'd get caught in the wash with so many WRs on the roster.

The wild card is Dayall Harris. If he's allowed to play once he returns he might become the guy opposite Berrios.

He had a crummy game. I'm not ready to give up on him. I'd throw him right back out there against a mismatched GT defender and see if he can come down with a ball or two.

He was open in the endzone and Rosier over threw him for an INT, and he runs a legit 4.4-4.5. What ****es me off is that the refs seem to allow him to get mugged because he's big, kinda like how NBA officials always allowed defenders more contact against Shaq than they ever did against Kobe. The FSU defender knocked him down twice on the final drive. The first maybe you could call incidental contact, but his route was impeded to the point Cager had to run over the guy to stay in bounds. But the second, he was just flat out pushed down from behind. He's not going to get those calls, it doesn't seem, unless he really gets passionate about it and bring attention to it.

The first pass on that final drive Cager just fell down. The second pass he was held. Regardless, his body control is non-existent. Langham should've got more snaps. Langham made some big plays in the Bethune game also. Langham has displayed above average if not elite body control. That's the best quality of a big receiver unless you're blazing fast. Cager thus far has displayed a willingness to go over the middle. He also looks the part. Those are the positive things I can say about him.

I like some of his blocks down field and that is something Dugans emphasizes.
I also think he's running okay routes but is either mistiming his jumps or being slowed down by physical DBs.

I expect him to have much better games as the season goes by. Not only because he will get better but because our opponents don't have great caliber DB's for the most part.

Advertisement
Cager admitted he played with his head up his ***. If he's the player a lot of people think he is, he'll show it. If not, the he's gets thrown in Rok's scrap heap.

The moment was too big for him, he’ll grow & learn from it.

This. Said it in another thread. He didnt snap out of it after having the "deer in headlights" reaction to FSU not laying down and just letting us beat them 35-0. He will learn from it and will be ready when we need him next time. And if not? He knows Langham is there waiting to take his spot because that boy definitely has ice in his veins.

Revoke him of his scholarship or if that's too harsh keep his scholly but he's now designated to standing on the bench trying to pump our crowd up.

Dude is taking away snaps from Thomas and that can't go on any more.

Advertisement
Can Langham please take Cagers starting spot. His soft play is killing us.

cager2.jpg

The last few guys we wrote off turned out to help us a whole lot the past couple weeks. He’s struggling for sure but let’s not completely write the kid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last few guys we wrote off turned out to help us a whole lot the past couple weeks. He’s struggling for sure but let’s not completely write the kid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine, but what more does Langham have to do to get those targets/snaps? How about those fades in the end-zone?

Advertisement
I was at the game yesterday. He was limping badly during plays and during special teams. Either he's acting up for no reason, or coaches are putting players out there when they shouldn't be. Doubt it's the latter.

I was at the game yesterday. He was limping badly during plays and during special teams. Either he's acting up for no reason, or coaches are putting players out there when they shouldn't be. Doubt it's the latter.

We have 73 scholarship players and have Homer as our primary Gunner. Not to mention Homer and Walton combined for a tackle on a PR against FSU (when Walton was clearly ****ed).

If you can walk you're playing this year.

We have 73 scholarship players and have Homer as our primary Gunner. Not to mention Homer and Walton combined for a tackle on a PR against FSU (when Walton was clearly ****ed).

If you can walk you're playing this year.

True. Can't argue with that.

Advertisement
Back