Cade Weldon Goneja

Not surprised in the least Cade is transferring. But am shocked it’s 1 day before Spring practice. I wonder, did Diaz hear of additional improprieties by Weldon? Or was this truly a mutually agreed upon decision that’s in the best interest of both parties? I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, unless it’s a smaller school I fear he will be nothing more than a backup.

Advertisement
Enos rub him the wrong way already?

Said it in other posts but I bet the QB room is in for a wakeup call. The blowback is no longer going to be only due to missing study halls or off field nonsense but Enos seems like the kinda guy that simply won't tolerate laziness or stupidity when it comes to learning and executing his offense. I don't think Rick was easy on the QBs but I think his approach was more holistic where he was trying to develop and mature these kids as QBs AND as students/men.

Nothing wrong with that but I also want the fear of God put into them if they're not prepared. Did any of us ever see N'Kushi seem like that was the case last year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best of luck to Weldon.

But as soon as Tate transferred here, I knew he was never going to see PT at Miami. That and the fact that Kosi seems to have a step on him for the starter spot. Then you add in JW and Peyton who'll be on campus come May.

Advertisement
Hmmm interesting I wonder if that means he heard news on Tate? The fact he waited this late makes you wonder.
I would like to believe this, but the fact Spring practice starts tomorrow makes me think it was announced now to avoid distractions before the start of practice and go into practice without wasting any QB reps on a guy who is leaving.

Advertisement
Have a feeling even though everyone started with a fresh slate, that Enos is going hard on them to find the hardest worker and who can pick up his playbook... probably constant playbook test, and whoever is lagging gets the boot...

Transferring.

Advertisement
Back