C. Raymond for DC

Advertisement
We complain about inexperience then want a guy who has never called a play or created a defense in his life to be our DC....can’t make this **** up
Nonstop lunacy on here. Then these guys act like Raymond wouldn’t jump at the chance to be a DC at a P5 program.

Advertisement
Why in the **** are you guys asking for a position that has never called plays to be a DC when there’s a plethora of elite DCs on at lower end jobs like John Heacock to pull?
Because they think his recruiting abilities will solve all the problems. They’re forgetting one big ingredient, he has been at a bag central U for the last seven years.

We complain about inexperience then want a guy who has never called a play or created a defense in his life to be our DC....can’t make this **** up
Inexperience at HC and inexperience at DC is two separate arguments. Furthermore by that standard Blake Baker is a superior candidate to Raymond due to his “experience” at Louisiana Tech, but we see how that’s going. Manny clearly prioritizes his defensive identity. Get a DC who will run his style of defense, if he so happens to be an elite recruiter that’s a plus imo.

Advertisement
Raymond has had a pick of jobs for 4-5 years now and has stayed as the DB coach.Not sure what the reason is other than he’s comfortable as a DB coach and doesn’t feel confidant running the whole unit.

I know it sounds crazy but I can’t figure out any other reason cause he’s passed on DC jobs every year for the last few years.

some guys are comfortable with what they’re doing.Maybe he’s one of them🤷‍♂️ But I’d love to have him here.

Raymond has had a pick of jobs for 4-5 years now and has stayed as the DB coach.Not sure what the reason is other than he’s comfortable as a DB coach and doesn’t feel confidant running the whole unit.

I know it sounds crazy but I can’t figure out any other reason cause he’s passed on DC jobs every year for the last few years.

some guys are comfortable with what they’re doing.Maybe he’s one of them🤷‍♂️ But I’d love to have him here.
That is not true. Raymond interviewed for UGA vacancy when Richt was fired. He's one of these assistants waiting for the right opportunity. That being said, UM can ill afford another first-time coordinator.

Advertisement
Inexperience at HC and inexperience at DC is two separate arguments. Furthermore by that standard Blake Baker is a superior candidate to Raymond due to his “experience” at Louisiana Tech, but we see how that’s going. Manny clearly prioritizes his defensive identity. Get a DC who will run his style of defense, if he so happens to be an elite recruiter that’s a plus imo.
I understand that’s what you’re saying but that’s not the argument here. People are throwing names out there cause they hate the guy we have. I get it, not saying I’m not hovering near that boat too, but all I’m saying is let’s throw out some legit names with experience doing what we want to ask them to do. We can’t rail Away at having no experience then want a dude with no experience.

I also feel for baker too. It doesn’t matter what you ******* call when we bust a coverage on the back end. And that’s happened A LOT this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
New offseason. Same thread.
Loser fan base is loser.

you guys are worse than our administration. Want to continue to give jobs to guys who have no experience.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

He's from Louisiana, played at LSU & has coached there for the last 8 years of his career.

He's absolutely the best CB coach in the nation, no question about it, but he's simply not interested in coaching anywhere else.LSU is his dream job, he's not leaving unless they fire him & they have no reason to.

He'll eventually take over as DC once Dave Aranda gets a HC job somewhere.

He's from Louisiana, played at LSU & has coached there for the last 8 years of his career.

He's absolutely the best CB coach in the nation, no question about it, but he's simply not interested in coaching anywhere else.LSU is his dream job, he's not leaving unless they fire him & they have no reason to.

He'll eventually take over as DC once Dave Aranda gets a HC job somewhere.
Okay! If I was a betting man I wouldn't count on Raymond ascending to DC at LSU once/if Aranda leaves LSU. So we'll see.

Advertisement
Back