C. Raymond for DC

If changes are made, big IF, just get me experienced coordinators/assistants who bring sound schemes, a track record of talent development, and a no nonsense attitude. Players need to fear their coaches and not look at them like buddies. Sick of the rah rah and dancing, give me some drill sargeants.

Advertisement
Don't think there is a more comfortable person in college football... Constantly gets and develops the best corners and safeties from Louisiana and Texas. It would have to be something he wants as a career move but a top recruiter.

Advertisement
Monster at recruiting to LSU ya, we’d get outbagged and just be left with a ****** coordinator. Remember James Coley hire? Ya, same thing.

What????

you don’t hire someone who has never called d plays at this point.

jim Leavitt is more of what you should be targeting.

If Manny Diaz is to save his job, he needs to convince the administration that he needs more money to hire better assistants.

now if Corey wants a DB coach/co-coordinator role with an established DC like Leavitt then ok.

LSU is ranked 57th in passing yards-allowed.

So we would have 1 DC and 2 CO-DCs

Pay him 2x what he’s making. Won’t have no problem landing 5 ⭐ DBs that’s for sure.

People, you or I could land elite kids at LSU. That's what our "Fans" fail to realize. It's not an accident that the "Elite" recruiters are historically at schools that have the resources needed to "Recruit" at a high level. Miami needs someone that can maximize the talent available, and identify people that can be developed, but have the raw talent and athleticism to play. That's what made Jimmy special, that's what made young Butch special.

I wouldn't take a chance on Corey Raymond, I would go for someone like Leavitt at FSU(I have no idea where he's going to end up), who gets the most out of the talent he has. He has succeeded everywhere, and even had USF looking **** good until he got caught up in some political stuff.

Advertisement
Corey Bell would turn us down.

Corey Raymond would not answer back.

He is about to get a huge pay increase at LSU. His 3 year contract expires at the end of this season, he makes under $500K at the moment. He turned down the UGA job to stay at LSU why would he come here? LSU is also about to pay Brady up to $2 million a year to keep him on staff, dont want him jumping to USCw or Texas to be the OC.

Advertisement
Back