Buying back in again...

I don't care if Nebraska wins by 100. Actually I might be livid. Because we still could've, and should've, won that game. Same with Louisville. I played the forgivable losses game with Golden from Maryland 2011 up until VT last year, one week before the Duke Blue Devils ripped out my soul and ****ed all over it. I was as happy as anyone to see our defense more aggressive this week, but we are long past the point of me ever buying back into Golden's crap again. I'll always support the team, but this staff just has to go.

Advertisement
If duke dont fumble the ball were 3-1 cant lose the turnover battle and expect to win on the road... Football 101

If duke dont fumble the ball were 3-1 cant lose the turnover battle and expect to win on the road... Football 101

I don't buy that bro. It was a huge play no doubt but our defense was just awful. We made them punt once.

We intercepted Armstrong just before that fumble.

The roughing the passer penalty called against UN on Kaaya's interception was a horrible call.

If they would have called that on us we would have 100 threads calling for the refs to be fired and that we would have won that game if not for that brutal call.

We lost that game because of our defense and our inability to adapt, Dukes fumble added fuel to the fire.

Don't forget we scored a garbage TD at the end to make that game respectable. The score wasn't as close as it looked due to our inability to get off the field on D.

Well.... we know who bought the '87 LeBaron with low miles and the new paint job. Another satisfied customer at Al Goldman's Pre-Owned Automotive Center.

I really just can't stand this staff. They're so inept. "We didn't change anything just executed" gtfo. We'll see if anything has changed up in atlanta

Advertisement
If Miami wins this weekend and Nebraska beats MSU I will get sucked back in to thinking things are trending up... Go Canes and Corn People

Buying back in? Based on what? Scrapping past a pedestrian Duke team? Dont get me wrong, a win is a win and I loved that we played much more aggressively on defense. The thing is that we have a 42 game sample from which to draw conclusions. It is quite reasonable and logical in fact to conclude that Folden is painfully conservative and his core philosophy is play not to lose not play to win.

Folden did what he had to do because he could see the lynch mob coming for him. Do you really expect him and D'Onofrio to play and cover 1 against Cincinnati? I'm beginning to think that D'Onofrio is not retarded and tgat Al is making him run this abortion of a scheme. Regardless of that, ultimately Golden needs to go. He is the head coach and it all starts at the top. He had his chance to be a CEO type for us but he made two horrible calls in judgement.

The first was bringing practically all his assistants from Temple instead of surrounding himself with a top notch staff. The two good coaches he hired(Fisch and McDonald are gone. The remaining staff mostly belongs on the FCS level. His second error in judgement was absolutely colossal. Why on earth would any coach cone down to South Florida and install a passive hybrid 2 gap scheme when the kids in his recruiting base are deluxe athletes built to play in an attacking downhill scheme? Why would you install a scheme based in size and brute strength when you sit on the richest pool of HS talent that is known for its speed?

In addition just look over this roster and look at all the talent that gas not gotten any better since arriving. The secondary should be much better than we have shown. Just look at the players on that unit alone. Has Chickillo gotten any better? Has Deon Bush? Has Pierre? Has Gunter? Has A.Crawford? Has Waters? Has Dorsett? Did Morris get any better after Fisch left? Has Flowers gotten any better since his freshman year? **** has Duke Johnson gotten any better? I could go on and on.

Think about this then tell me If you are really ready to buy back in. Personally, I've seen enough. Golden needs to go. He is the problem.

Last edited:
I will jump back on the train when we beat FSU. No matter who our coach is, I will not allow my expectations to be high until we beat that mother fudking school. At that point, I'll believe. At this rate, I don't know how long that will take.

Here, here

here is how this team makes me feel on a weekly basis

:6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6:

Advertisement
I don't understand the OPs point about Braska beating MSU. Does a Braska win take away the horrific defensive game planning? Why get sucked in when the story has been told. I won't root against the U or its players but to buy anything Golden is selling, even if its win over a mediocre team, is not a smart move.

The Duke game simply got us to the point where we should have been for the last ten years....beating the mediocre teams we are supposed to beat without suffering through a last minute drive. Beating Georgia Tech will just be a carbon copy of last week: nothing special, just expected.

You want to believe that we're trending up? Beat all of those teams AND be in a dog fight with Florida State for 60 minutes. If FSU pulls away starting at the 8:00 minute mark of the 3rd quarter......like every other decent team does against us...... then you know that nothing has changed.

Advertisement
I don't understand the OPs point about Braska beating MSU. Does a Braska win take away the horrific defensive game planning? Why get sucked in when the story has been told. I won't root against the U or its players but to buy anything Golden is selling, even if its win over a mediocre team, is not a smart move.

Troof. If Nebraska beats Michigan State, we should be depressed, not happy.

VT and FSU are definite losses. The rest of the games on our schedule are toss ups. Even if we run the table on the toss up games and go 8 - 4 I wouldn't necessarily "buy back in" to Golden unless they keep the VT and FSU games close and look more prepared in general. Our schedule is pretty weak.

Nebraska will get their **** pushed in by Michigan State and Narduzzi. MSU ain't losing that game at home and held smashed Nebraska and Abdullah 41 - 27 or some **** like that in Lincoln last year.

Advertisement
VT and FSU are definite losses. The rest of the games on our schedule are toss ups. Even if we run the table on the toss up games and go 8 - 4 I wouldn't necessarily "buy back in" to Golden unless they keep the VT and FSU games close and look more prepared in general. Our schedule is pretty weak.

You might buy back in if we lose a close game to Vag Tech? Holy ****, our poor fan base is destroyed.

Once again FSU is the only team with superior talent on our entire schedule. Beating GT and handily should be expected. It's games like VT where we are only more talented not immensely talented that I'm worried about. Similar to Nebraksa. The UL game was an embarrassment, still can't believe even Al lost that one.....

I am glad we won, but since the staff insists they made NO changes and it was just execution then there is NO reason to be excited. They clearly think their system is more important than winning. Everyone could see the differences but they cannot even take credit for making them. We will see the same old crap defense shortly. Beating GT means nothing on that count; they are the one team Al's defense has worked against. Losing to GT however, will make a very strong case for quick fire, since Johnson is the ONLY coach who has not out clearly coached Al and Company.

Advertisement
Back