Butch talking QBs on ESPN

ok butch new something he cheats so what, still hire him. all the top coaches do it,if u wana win this is how u do it.

Advertisement
Hey, sorry the memo hasn't been accepted by the Butch is God club. Lest you forget, he headed a program that was knee-deep in an academic scandal. Never something college presidents want to see on a head coaches resume. His right-hand man/bag man John Blake was caught brokering players to an agent, as well as former players acting as middlemen. And Butch's rep from his NFL days was so bad he hasn't been able to land a job in the league. Thus, he has been on the sideline longer than an unrecruited walk-on.

Hey, dip****.

I didn't ask what those near him may have done.

I said stipulate one, single NCAA finding of a violation by Butch Davis.

I once was walking in a grocery store door as a gunman/robber was backing out. We were two feet apart - so yes. I was there. But I didn't have s*** to do with it.

I'll try to take it slow and explain again. The head coach is responsible for what happens around the program as well as actions of his assistants. So if John Blake goes bag man, then it reflects on Butch. It's why he can't get a job. Your analogy comes up short in that Butch hired the gun man and went in the store hand-in-hand. It's why Butch is reduced to playing Lou Holtz sans lisp.

I'll type this even slower.

That UNC scandal was investigated by UNC, who determined Butch was not involved.

The UNC scandal was investigated by the North Carolina Attorney General, and it was determined that this practice of violations was in place for over a decade before Butch arrived, and further, found that Butch Davis was not involved.

The NCAA investigated the UNC scandal, and found likewise - that this practice of slide classes had been operating for over a decade before Butch got there, that half of the attendees that took those classes were athletes, and further found that Butch Davis was blameless in the matter.

I haven't seen Butch put in for other coaching jobs. I haven't seen him apply and get turned down. I don't know Butch's business, but just because I haven't taken a job as a resident genius, doesn't mean I've applied and have been turned down. Maybe I just pulled myself off the market for a while - especially when I was still getting some good paychecks.

bacane, you're completely FOS if you think every head coach has a crystal ball and an all-seeing eye, especially when the primary violations came from the faculty side of things, and that this practice was in place for many years before Butch got there.

rudebuddha, it's one thing to repeat things picked up by rote. That's how idiots learn their history. They hear something, they repeat it, and after they repeat something enough, they actually start to believe it.

The biggest idiots ignore the First Rule of Bullsh**ing. Never start believing your own bullsh**.

You should follow your own advice.

So, why can't Butch get a job? We are not talking about some 75 year old man, but a coach in his prime. We know the guy can sell himself, and we know he wants to coach.
See, it's not bullcrap, but empiricism. You look closely at something and make a logical conclusion.
You mind as well argue that Pete Carroll is completely blameless in the USC fiasco.

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are severely impeding your ability to concentrate on the simple things.

Who exactly, said Butch tried to get a job? And who, exactly turned him down?

Maybe he took a sabbatical, and now that the U is in dire need of his unique talents - NOW he wants to coach again.

Answer the first two questions before you go off on another dumbass veer. ****.

ESPN just teasing us.

Goddamit this guy would take over this program and we'd win 10 games right off the bat.

imma butch dude but he needs to recruit his savages, just because we think our roster is good doesnt mean he does.

We have plenty of savages on this team

Are you Butch? If not then STFU.

We have enough talent to win...it's just p*ssy Al who's holding us back

Are you Butch?

The Butch Davis Show 10-14-2000 - YouTube

I'm not Butch but I am The Butch Slurper.

Advertisement
Hey, dip****.

I didn't ask what those near him may have done.

I said stipulate one, single NCAA finding of a violation by Butch Davis.

I once was walking in a grocery store door as a gunman/robber was backing out. We were two feet apart - so yes. I was there. But I didn't have s*** to do with it.

I'll try to take it slow and explain again. The head coach is responsible for what happens around the program as well as actions of his assistants. So if John Blake goes bag man, then it reflects on Butch. It's why he can't get a job. Your analogy comes up short in that Butch hired the gun man and went in the store hand-in-hand. It's why Butch is reduced to playing Lou Holtz sans lisp.

That UNC scandal was investigated by UNC, who determined Butch was not involved.

The UNC scandal was investigated by the North Carolina Attorney General, and it was determined that this practice of violations was in place for over a decade before Butch arrived, and further, found that Butch Davis was not involved.

The NCAA investigated the UNC scandal, and found likewise - that this practice of slide classes had been operating for over a decade before Butch got there, that half of the attendees that took those classes were athletes, and further found that Butch Davis was blameless in the matter.

I haven't seen Butch put in for other coaching jobs. I haven't seen him apply and get turned down. I don't know Butch's business, but just because I haven't taken a job as a resident genius, doesn't mean I've applied and have been turned down. Maybe I just pulled myself off the market for a while - especially when I was still getting some good paychecks.

bacane, you're completely FOS if you think every head coach has a crystal ball and an all-seeing eye, especially when the primary violations came from the faculty side of things, and that this practice was in place for many years before Butch got there.

rudebuddha, it's one thing to repeat things picked up by rote. That's how idiots learn their history. They hear something, they repeat it, and after they repeat something enough, they actually start to believe it.

The biggest idiots ignore the First Rule of Bullsh**ing. Never start believing your own bullsh**.

So, why can't Butch get a job? We are not talking about some 75 year old man, but a coach in his prime. We know the guy can sell himself, and we know he wants to coach.
See, it's not bullcrap, but empiricism. You look closely at something and make a logical conclusion.
You mind as well argue that Pete Carroll is completely blameless in the USC fiasco.

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are severely impeding your ability to concentrate on the simple things.

Maybe he took a sabbatical, and now that the U is in dire need of his unique talents - NOW he wants to coach again.

Fact is, Butch got fired at UNC. He didn't resign, take leave or go on an extended vacation. The academic **** happened on his watch whether he was directed tied to it or not. His good buddy John Blake got fired for brokering players. The program under his watch turned out to be a **** show. The good old NCAA is in its 2nd or 3rd investigation. And if you think Butch is just kicking back and on sabbatical subbing for Lou Holtz, then Donald Trump surely has a high-rise in the Everglades he can sell you.

Advertisement
Cribby already posted the link to the article where BUTCH SAYS HE WANTS TO COACH AGAIN, HAD A JOB LINED UP, AND THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND ON HIM.

Please stop the "Butch was just sticking it to UNC by making them pay his full buyout" propaganda. His buyout payments were about $600K per year ...

If he's the competitor most believe he is, he would not collect $600K to do nothing as opposed to collecting 3 to 4 times that amount to compete as a HC. Competitors compete ... That's what they do. It's why Chizik is a DC for Larry fedora at UNC ... And why Muschamp is a DC at Auburn ... And why Lane Kiffin is an OC for Bama.

Coaches coach!

Butch clearly has some issues that NCAA ADs are aware of. Whether yall "Butch Super Fans" believe it, or not, is irrelevant. The guy wants to coach ... And the phone ain't ringing, aside from his TV and radio show gigs.

It is what it is. Doesn't change how great he was for us, or diminish what he built ... But 1999-2000 was a REALLY LONG TIME AGO ...

Fact is, Butch got fired at UNC. He didn't resign, take leave or go on an extended vacation. The academic **** happened on his watch whether he was directed tied to it or not. His good buddy John Blake got fired for brokering players. The program under his watch turned out to be a **** show. The good old NCAA is in its 2nd or 3rd investigation. And if you think Butch is just kicking back and on sabbatical subbing for Lou Holtz, then Donald Trump surely has a high-rise in the Everglades he can sell you.

Yes, once the NCAA started closing in, the administration - the very ones guilty of the fraud - fired Butch - to deflect blame and placate the NCAA by showing they were doing something.

It didn't work.

Everyone here that would sit on their asses if they were being paid $600K a year to sit on your *** - raise your hand. You'd have to be one dumb sh** not to pick up the easy money. My daddy always told me, "don't never leave any money sitting on the table."

But you, genius you are - would. Or would you take a break, do some light duty on ESPN, and collect those checks?

What if, and of course a dumbass would ignore this possibility - what IF, Butch got a bit more selective? House is paid for, cars paid for, kids education is paid for, furniture is paid for, and he owes nothing - so there's no rush to take just anything as he's not desperate.

So what IF, Butch would only get back into the game - IF - it was a location with a program and nearby recruits that he knew he could rapidly, once again, get to the very top?

Steve Spurrier wanted to get back in bad, and went to SC. He doesn't have the readily available Florida kids to recruit as he did when at Florida. He actually went to UF to get his job back, and they asked for his credentials. His reply was, "My credentials are in your trophy case." Florida cut their nose off to spite their face.

If UM does the same thing with Butch in the upcoming vacancy - then to **** with the administration.

Cribby already posted the link to the article where BUTCH SAYS HE WANTS TO COACH AGAIN, HAD A JOB LINED UP, AND THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND ON HIM.

Please stop the "Butch was just sticking it to UNC by making them pay his full buyout" propaganda. His buyout payments were about $600K per year ...

If he's the competitor most believe he is, he would not collect $600K to do nothing as opposed to collecting 3 to 4 times that amount to compete as a HC. Competitors compete ... That's what they do. It's why Chizik is a DC for Larry fedora at UNC ... And why Muschamp is a DC at Auburn ... And why Lane Kiffin is an OC for Bama.

Coaches coach!

Butch clearly has some issues that NCAA ADs are aware of. Whether yall "Butch Super Fans" believe it, or not, is irrelevant. The guy wants to coach ... And the phone ain't ringing, aside from his TV and radio show gigs.

It is what it is. Doesn't change how great he was for us, or diminish what he built ... But 1999-2000 was a REALLY LONG TIME AGO ...

You too, are FOS.

CBS showed a letter dated November 2012, from Shepard Cooper, the NCAA's Director of the Committee of Infractions, that reads, "This is to confirm that the University of North Carolina's head football coach, Paul "Butch" Davis was not alleged to have been involved in any violations of NCAA legislation in the University of North Carolina Case (Case # M357 / Infractions Report 360, March 12, 2012.)

But you continue to blow BS out urass.

Advertisement

Coaches coach!

You too, are FOS.

CBS showed a letter dated November 2012, from Shepard Cooper, the NCAA's Director of the Committee of Infractions, that reads, "This is to confirm that the University of North Carolina's head football coach, Paul "Butch" Davis was not alleged to have been involved in any violations of NCAA legislation in the University of North Carolina Case (Case # M357 / Infractions Report 360, March 12, 2012.)

Pulled his panties down to the ankles and put them behind his head.

Coaches coach!

You too, are FOS.

Pulled his panties down to the ankles and put them behind his head.

This is the kind of person who if the power tool cut off, would look around and point out that there's a knot in the extension cord.

Cane Dynasty and Far Archer can sit on their *** and collect $600K for getting fired, and think they're sticking it to the school that fired them ...

But if it's me ... I'm taking the gig paying $2.4MM (4 times the annual buyout amount and more than the total buyout value) and trying to get UNC on the schedule every year to bust dat ***!

But I'm a competitor ...

Advertisement
Cane Dynasty and Far Archer can sit on their *** and collect $600K for getting fired, and think they're sticking it to the school that fired them ...

But if it's me ... I'm taking the gig paying $2.4MM (4 times the annual buyout amount and more than the total buyout value) and trying to get UNC on the schedule every year to bust dat ***!

But I'm a competitor ...

Butch has stated multiple times that he is willing to wait for the Miami gig to open up. He has said his next job will be his last and he wants to end his career in Miami.

What's so hard to understand about that?

You think you're more of a competitor than Butch ******* Davis? Lick my grundle.

But I'm a competitor ...

You're a competitor? Well impress us with your own accomplishments - we're already impressed - so make it good.

That $2.4 mill you're speaking of will only net you around a million, four.

Now, if you wanted to take a break, catch up on some family time, do a few things you never had time to do before, maybe it's not that big of a deal AT THAT TIME.

Or, if you are holding out for something special, and have learned some hard lessons about going after the money without regard as to where and how, then bringing in $1,250,000 more is maybe not all that enticing.

You may think you're a competitor, but after the taxman cuts out is share, the real numbers are considerably lower. Fact.

Coaches coach!

Let Saban lose one more NC or Kirby Smart take a HC job and watch how fast ole Nick hires Butch. We just think Butch would kill it here, imagine him at Bama as DC with Nick.

Coaches coach!

Grampa can't stand hearing no one want to hire Butch. LMFAO!! Goes to excuse machine immediately.

Advertisement
Back