Butch talking QBs on ESPN

Hey, sorry the memo hasn't been accepted by the Butch is God club. Lest you forget, he headed a program that was knee-deep in an academic scandal. Never something college presidents want to see on a head coaches resume. His right-hand man/bag man John Blake was caught brokering players to an agent, as well as former players acting as middlemen. And Butch's rep from his NFL days was so bad he hasn't been able to land a job in the league. Thus, he has been on the sideline longer than an unrecruited walk-on.

Advertisement
Having Rosier come in in certain situations is a bad idea! Rokulika said so in another thread and he has a lot mo coaching experience than Butch does.

If it were to actually happen, it would be incredible. Recruiting would actually be fun again. you can bank on huge-time DTs coming here - of course he'd still find huge-time DL that no one else is recruiting as well....

Probably won't happen, but it'd be nice....

Butch looked very comfortable sitting on a pile of ESPN dollars...Two years to full pay Social Security...Why even bother with the "U"
couple months ago he publicly stated he wanted to coach here again

Hey, sorry the memo hasn't been accepted by the Butch is God club. Lest you forget, he headed a program that was knee-deep in an academic scandal. Never something college presidents want to see on a head coaches resume. His right-hand man/bag man John Blake was caught brokering players to an agent, as well as former players acting as middlemen. And Butch's rep from his NFL days was so bad he hasn't been able to land a job in the league. Thus, he has been on the sideline longer than an unrecruited walk-on.

Hey, dip****.

I didn't ask what those near him may have done.

I said stipulate one, single NCAA finding of a violation by Butch Davis.

I once was walking in a grocery store door as a gunman/robber was backing out. We were two feet apart - so yes. I was there. But I didn't have s*** to do with it.

Advertisement
We need to stage a rally outside the Hecht with BBB signs and Butch fatheads the day ****** is fired

Could be no different than a modified "wildcat" with a player that can actually run and throw. Might work well as long as it's a play or two at a time and not multiple series. These types of plays / formations have worked for some teams in the past. If we had a real coach, I'd have more faith we could do it effectively.

ESPN just teasing us.

Goddamit this guy would take over this program and we'd win 10 games right off the bat.

imma butch dude but he needs to recruit his savages, just because we think our roster is good doesnt mean he does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ESPN just teasing us.

Goddamit this guy would take over this program and we'd win 10 games right off the bat.

imma butch dude but he needs to recruit his savages, just because we think our roster is good doesnt mean he does.

We have plenty of savages on this team

Are you Butch? If not then STFU.

We have enough talent to win...it's just p*ssy Al who's holding us back

Are you Butch?

The Butch Davis Show 10-14-2000 - YouTube

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not really. Your starter is going to play 75 out of 80 plays so they will prepare for that. When the change of pace (running qb) comes in, the other team simply watches for the option, read option, or straight qb run IMO. Not really much difference unless you truly run a 2 QB system like Spurrier. If that were the case then I'd agree. But there's no way we're putting Kaaya on the bench that much. But then again, our staff is our staph.

ESPN just teasing us.

We have plenty of savages on this team

Are you Butch? If not then STFU.

We have enough talent to win...it's just p*ssy Al who's holding us back

Are you Butch?

The Butch Davis Show 10-14-2000 - YouTube

thats ur opinion that we have savages, look at butchs db all sub 4.5 guys pretty much. thats just off the head, this isnt a miami secondary with dudes running. 4.7's. Butch would have to bring his guys in just like any other coach not namd urban, even saban gotta recruit his guys. imo alot of studs left sfla n are not on this roster, if they were the situation would bea whole lot different.

Hey, dip****.

I once was walking in a grocery store door as a gunman/robber was backing out. We were two feet apart - so yes. I was there. But I didn't have s*** to do with it.

I'll try to take it slow and explain again. The head coach is responsible for what happens around the program as well as actions of his assistants. So if John Blake goes bag man, then it reflects on Butch. It's why he can't get a job. Your analogy comes up short in that Butch hired the gun man and went in the store hand-in-hand. It's why Butch is reduced to playing Lou Holtz sans lisp.

Advertisement

Hey, dip****.

The NCAA finding is that universities know that he is unhireable.
Think about it. He's a great college coach. Even Shannon got jobs after being canned, but Butch can't? Not even as a defensive coordinator from an old buddy like Pagano?
Even Coker found a place.
If you think Butch is squeaky clean in the worst academic scandal in college football history, then you are the only one who thinks that.
Seems like everyone else thinks the opposite.

Hey, dip****.

I'll try to take it slow and explain again. The head coach is responsible for what happens around the program as well as actions of his assistants. So if John Blake goes bag man, then it reflects on Butch. It's why he can't get a job. Your analogy comes up short in that Butch hired the gun man and went in the store hand-in-hand. It's why Butch is reduced to playing Lou Holtz sans lisp.

I'll type this even slower.

That UNC scandal was investigated by UNC, who determined Butch was not involved.

The UNC scandal was investigated by the North Carolina Attorney General, and it was determined that this practice of violations was in place for over a decade before Butch arrived, and further, found that Butch Davis was not involved.

The NCAA investigated the UNC scandal, and found likewise - that this practice of slide classes had been operating for over a decade before Butch got there, that half of the attendees that took those classes were athletes, and further found that Butch Davis was blameless in the matter.

I haven't seen Butch put in for other coaching jobs. I haven't seen him apply and get turned down. I don't know Butch's business, but just because I haven't taken a job as a resident genius, doesn't mean I've applied and have been turned down. Maybe I just pulled myself off the market for a while - especially when I was still getting some good paychecks.

bacane, you're completely FOS if you think every head coach has a crystal ball and an all-seeing eye, especially when the primary violations came from the faculty side of things, and that this practice was in place for many years before Butch got there.

rudebuddha, it's one thing to repeat things picked up by rote. That's how idiots learn their history. They hear something, they repeat it, and after they repeat something enough, they actually start to believe it.

The biggest idiots ignore the First Rule of Bullsh**ing. Never start believing your own bullsh**.

Hey, dip****.

I'll type this even slower.

That UNC scandal was investigated by UNC, who determined Butch was not involved.

The UNC scandal was investigated by the North Carolina Attorney General, and it was determined that this practice of violations was in place for over a decade before Butch arrived, and further, found that Butch Davis was not involved.

The NCAA investigated the UNC scandal, and found likewise - that this practice of slide classes had been operating for over a decade before Butch got there, that half of the attendees that took those classes were athletes, and further found that Butch Davis was blameless in the matter.

I haven't seen Butch put in for other coaching jobs. I haven't seen him apply and get turned down. I don't know Butch's business, but just because I haven't taken a job as a resident genius, doesn't mean I've applied and have been turned down. Maybe I just pulled myself off the market for a while - especially when I was still getting some good paychecks.

bacane, you're completely FOS if you think every head coach has a crystal ball and an all-seeing eye, especially when the primary violations came from the faculty side of things, and that this practice was in place for many years before Butch got there.

rudebuddha, it's one thing to repeat things picked up by rote. That's how idiots learn their history. They hear something, they repeat it, and after they repeat something enough, they actually start to believe it.

The biggest idiots ignore the First Rule of Bullsh**ing. Never start believing your own bullsh**.

You should follow your own advice.

So, why can't Butch get a job? We are not talking about some 75 year old man, but a coach in his prime. We know the guy can sell himself, and we know he wants to coach.
See, it's not bullcrap, but empiricism. You look closely at something and make a logical conclusion.
You mind as well argue that Pete Carroll is completely blameless in the USC fiasco.

Advertisement
Back