Butch talking QBs on ESPN

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
He did bring up the '99 team and having Kenny Kelly and Ken Dorsey battle it out that year then Dorsey taking over mid way through the season and coming back in the 2000 season and just being the guy from the get go.

But what I was wanting to share with the board was his thoughts on running a 2 QB system and how it relates to some things that have been discussed on here with Rosier coming in.

Butch was saying that he likes using 2 QBs as long as they have different skill sets and it gives the defense more to prepare for, as long as you have your main QB then have a second just come in for a few plays at a time or maybe a whole drive every here and there. He said he loves the idea of having a guy come in and change the tempo, i.e Malik Rosier, then give your "guy" a breather and a chance to take in the looks he is seeing from the defense while on the sideline.

So now that I've heard Butch's take on it.. I'm fine with having Rosier having a role on this team. Unless it is crunch or a crucial time in the game, I want Kaaya in there. But if it is nothing more than a change of tempo early on or in garbage time then I'm fine with it. Just hope Al and Coley don't cross that line of nothing more.

Advertisement
Why not have 8 QBs and play them 1 drive each.

Can you imagine trying to prepare for 8 different skill sets?!

Kaaya gets the final drive of the game, obviously.

Meh, I think it can throw a QBs rhythm off when it's done. I know butch is talking two different skill sets but when Shannon played Marve and Jacory it was terrible. I believe other teams have tried it and it hasn't worked out well but I could be wrong.
If Kaaya is your best player I say keep him in.

Butch brought up something about his time at Miami 4 times in a 30 min show... Dude is dying to come back here.

Or, he's just trying to remind some of the younger audience why he is relevant and actually knows what he's talking about ...

Butch brought up something about his time at Miami 4 times in a 30 min show... Dude is dying to come back here.

Advertisement
Spurrier changed QBs a lot when he was at Florida and it worked out pretty well for him - and he knows a bit about offenses and QBs (especially since he won a Heisman himself as a QB). I don't know if he still does this (at South Carolina)...

As long as it helps the team win I don't see anything wrong with it....it could be helpful to have the #2 with meaningful snaps, anyway in the event that he's actually needed because of a misfortune happening to the #1 QB....

He did bring up the '99 team and having Kenny Kelly and Ken Dorsey battle it out that year then Dorsey taking over mid way through the season and coming back in the 2000 season and just being the guy from the get go.

But what I was wanting to share with the board was his thoughts on running a 2 QB system and how it relates to some things that have been discussed on here with Rosier coming in.

Butch was saying that he likes using 2 QBs as long as they have different skill sets and it gives the defense more to prepare for, as long as you have your main QB then have a second just come in for a few plays at a time or maybe a whole drive every here and there. He said he loves the idea of having a guy come in and change the tempo, i.e Malik Rosier, then give your "guy" a breather and a chance to take in the looks he is seeing from the defense while on the sideline.

So now that I've heard Butch's take on it.. I'm fine with having Rosier having a role on this team. Unless it is crunch or a crucial time in the game, I want Kaaya in there. But if it is nothing more than a change of tempo early on or in garbage time then I'm fine with it. Just hope Al and Coley don't cross that line of nothing more.

Advertisement
Butch is greatest recruiter, excellent leader, very good DC. Not so sure about his QB expert status. Still BBB!!!!

Butch looked very comfortable sitting on a pile of ESPN dollars...Two years to full pay Social Security...Why even bother with the "U"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Meh, I think it can throw a QBs rhythm off when it's done. I know butch is talking two different skill sets but when Shannon played Marve and Jacory it was terrible. I believe other teams have tried it and it hasn't worked out well but I could be wrong.
If Kaaya is your best player I say keep him in.

I agree with this, but let's add that Shannon did it like a ******. One guy would start building some momentum, and Shannon would pull him.

LMAO! @ Butch being old.
Bobby Bowden won 2 NCs at the ages of 63 & 69...FOH!
Golden's young *** proves you can be outta touch at any age.

Advertisement
Back