Butch never coached against Richt?

31 schollies

Yeah if we a use 1rd round picks per schollie metric no other coach could come within a country mile of Butch Davis recruiting. It would be interesting to compare Butch’s short time as HC at Miami to other long term HCs like Bowden and joe pa as to the total number of 1st round picks in their entire career. I admit that I don’t care enough to do that work but it would be interesting. I have to love the guy that not only left us the greatest team ever but left the second greatest team ever sitting on the bench at the same time. But today it is time to kick that man’s rear.

Advertisement
Yeah if we a use 1rd round picks per schollie metric no other coach could come within a country mile of Butch Davis recruiting. It would be interesting to compare Butch’s short time as HC at Miami to other long term HCs like Bowden and joe pa as to the total number of 1st round picks in their entire career. I admit that I don’t care enough to do that work but it would be interesting. I have to love the guy that not only left us the greatest team ever but left the second greatest team ever sitting on the bench at the same time. But today it is time to kick that man’s rear.
not only 1st round picks but the impact those guys made on the league was crazy. no one even hit rookie walls.

I’m not sure but I think Butch coached 5 or 6 years as HC at Miami. Butch won the last one: how did mark manage to win 6.
Correction, Richt only had five wins against Butch, but one of them was a beat down that we all know the score to.

Is this sarcasm? So if I took the Patriots and beat the FAMU coached by Bellichek would I be the better coach?

Lol is this an accurate comparison to you??

Butch Davis is not even considered a 2nd tier HC in cfb. Nowhere near an all time great like Bill Bellicheck. And plus ur comparing an NFL team to a small cfb division school lol ???

You graduated from UM ur suppose to be smarter than this?? Smh 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Butch had more 1st round kids than Howard...JJ...and Erickson combined...

Butch had more 1st round kids than Howard...JJ...and Erickson combined...
BoRtch had a plethora of draft picks and highly rated recruiting classes at UNC too.

All that talent and zero rings.

Please list all excuses below, TIA.

Advertisement
It's Butch Davis the football God week!

Everyone should be happy! Cmon guys you're better than this!

Lol is this an accurate comparison to you??

Butch Davis is not even considered a 2nd tier HC in cfb. Nowhere near an all time great like Bill Bellicheck. And plus ur comparing an NFL team to a small cfb division school lol ???

You graduated from UM ur suppose to be smarter than this?? Smh 🤦‍♂️

I was just pointing out how stupid the original comment was. I took his example to the next level.

This is true.

But, to be fair, as you may be aware, we should've played in the '00 championship game since we had beaten FSU and had the same one-loss record prior to the bowls.

And the team we beat in the Sugar Bowl, UF, probably would've handed it to Oklahoma, too.

Can't remember when Weinke and the #2 QB got hurt for FSU, but Outzen (the awful #3) must have played against UF since that's usually the last game of the season (or about) for both teams. Don't know how FSU beat them because Spurrier always had really good teams at UF.

BoRtch had a plethora of draft picks and highly rated recruiting classes at UNC too.

All that talent and zero rings.

Please list all excuses below, TIA.

I remember OC Mark Richt going 6-1 against "football god" in the late 90s and 2000. This comment certain to be downvoted because I dared to unload even an ounce of criticism on almighty Butch but I stand by it.

You mean, when we had 31 scholarship reductions, at one point didn't have enough players for a scrimmage, and UM was a dirty word?

Beating Butch then was quite an accomplishment.

No one will criticize you.

That you're intellectually sterile is painfully obvious - and maybe you had a crushed skull in your past.

We're not going to bring attention that that condition, just because you don't see things in whole.

Or in part.

Advertisement
I told Paul Dee on several occasions that Miami should fire Davis. Does anyone remember how VaT raped Butch? Does anyone recall just how bad he was on game days? Was he a very good coach? Yes. Gawd? No way..........
Yes...sideline was Chinese Fire Drill...​

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back