Butch never coached against Richt?

Advertisement
Just for the record I am a UM fan and not specifically of any one individual. Butch had his time, was almost run off when things got really bad, but he hung in there to bring the program back to respectability.

That said I hope we beat the freckles off of him Saturday.

You started the thread.

100% agree with this post.

The only ones who would've been upset about any "under the radar" commits from Butch would have been the younger fans who didn't see first hand what he can do.

We'd also have some huge-time out-of-state DTs on the roster, too (besides Willis).

Hopefully Richt can steer the ship into championship territory, though.

We'll see.

Everyone except for a small cadre of beta male haters and some feckless admin types know this.

Butch was the home run hire. Now we will see if the 2nd tier guy can get it done. It hasn't looked likely up to this point.

It's great that Butch said he would've won a natty in 4 years here.

I'm sure somewhere in Al Golden's binder of useless rhetoric, he made mention of eventually winning a national title at Miami.

When I asked Davis about Richt in August 2016 — nine months after Davis was bypassed for the UM coaching job — Davis said: “I have no familiarity with him. I never coached against him. If you ask him, I’m sure he would say his record stands for itself.”

Read more here: Here’s the development that’s making UM coach Richt ‘crazy’

Wasn't Richt OC at FSU during much of Butch's tenure? He never had any part in game planning on the defensive side against FSU? Did he forget? Early signs of dementia? Was he miffed he did not get offered the job and was taking an indirect shot at Richt?

What was Butch's record against FSU while Richt was calling the plays?

Advertisement
I'm just here to reiterate those sentiments.

Butch Davis is a RECRUITING God!

25qkjk.jpg

From what Davis told me, Davis told UM in his interview that if he had gotten the job, he believes he would “have won a national championship in four years” because “we were not going to lose 31 scholarships in four years” as he did (no fault of his) during his tenure at UM

How can you not love that?

The Miami football team was docked 13 scholarships for the 1996-97 season and 11 for the 1997-98 season. The remaining lost scholarships where from other sports that were also guilty of Pell Grant fraud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I am just kind of concerned about the long term memory loss.

Advertisement
Back