Butch never coached against Richt?

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
When I asked Davis about Richt in August 2016 — nine months after Davis was bypassed for the UM coaching job — Davis said: “I have no familiarity with him. I never coached against him. If you ask him, I’m sure he would say his record stands for itself.”

Read more here: Here’s the development that’s making UM coach Richt ‘crazy’

Wasn't Richt OC at FSU during much of Butch's tenure? He never had any part in game planning on the defensive side against FSU? Did he forget? Early signs of dementia? Was he miffed he did not get offered the job and was taking an indirect shot at Richt?

Advertisement
Advertisement
From what Davis told me, Davis told UM in his interview that if he had gotten the job, he believes he would “have won a national championship in four years” because “we were not going to lose 31 scholarships in four years” as he did (no fault of his) during his tenure at UM

How can you not love that?

From what Davis told me, Davis told UM in his interview that if he had gotten the job, he believes he would “have won a national championship in four years” because “we were not going to lose 31 scholarships in four years” as he did (no fault of his) during his tenure at UM

Everyone except for a small cadre of beta male haters and some feckless admin types know this.

Butch was the home run hire. Now we will see if the 2nd tier guy can get it done. It hasn't looked likely up to this point.

When I asked Davis about Richt in August 2016 — nine months after Davis was bypassed for the UM coaching job — Davis said: “I have no familiarity with him. I never coached against him. If you ask him, I’m sure he would say his record stands for itself.”

Read more here: Here’s the development that’s making UM coach Richt ‘crazy’

Wasn't Richt OC at FSU during much of Butch's tenure? He never had any part in game planning on the defensive side against FSU? Did he forget? Early signs of dementia? Was he miffed he did not get offered the job and was taking an indirect shot at Richt?

Butch wouldn't know the truth if it was tattooed on Tammy's ***.

****, I can say that too. And I won't be wrong because, like Davis, no one wants me to be their coach.

Advertisement
1fz2di.jpg

Advertisement
I remember OC Mark Richt going 6-1 against "football god" in the late 90s and 2000. This comment certain to be downvoted because I dared to unload even an ounce of criticism on almighty Butch but I stand by it.

I told Paul Dee on several occasions that Miami should fire Davis. Does anyone remember how VaT raped Butch? Does anyone recall just how bad he was on game days? Was he a very good coach? Yes. Gawd? No way..........

I love a good Butch Davis thread on a Friday afternoon.

Butch Davis is a football God! Otherwise how could he take up so much bandwidth here?

Last edited:

Butch Davis is a football God! Otherwise how could he take up so much bandwidth here?

I'm going to laugh so hard when D-Money drops a podcast in March 2027 and tells us that Cane Dynasty was actually Butch Davis all along.

Advertisement

Because someone keeps posting that "Butch Davis is a football God!" I'm not here to point fingers though. At least we aren't talking about long snappers anymore lol.

Because someone keeps posting that "Butch Davis is a football God!" I'm not here to point fingers though. At least we aren't talking about long snappers anymore lol.

Hey I didn't start this thread with Butch Davis the football God's name in the title.

That was someone else. Many closet Butch fans here. The louder they protest the more sure you can be.

Hey I didn't start this thread with Butch Davis the football God's name in the title.

That was someone else. Many closet Butch fans here. The louder they protest the more sure you can be.

Just for the record I am a UM fan and not specifically of any one individual. Butch had his time, was almost run off when things got really bad, but he hung in there to bring the program back to respectability.

That said I hope we beat the freckles off of him Saturday.

Advertisement
Back