Butch Davis Seems Bitter

He could not overcome the questions surrounding John Blake which are really unexplainable.

A program with our history of NCAA issues could not take a chance.

I really think that's been true. He should have called Charlie Strong and found out how he explains Clint Hurtt.

Advertisement
If he loved UM so much, he shouldn't have left for Al Lerner's money. It's that simple.

Butch loves Butch. He was playing the BBB like rubes to garner a groundswell of support. It went just as he orchestrated it, but UM didn't buy in.

Richt happens.

Chise, coin that phrase! Richt happens. It'll be our mantra as we make no apologies for bending over the ACC and soon the NCAA once again. Richt happens, sorry!

Somebody will steal it and make millions merchandising it while I remain in mom's basement wearing a greying wife beater and a perpetual scowl.

He saw Shalala getting hired and took off. Once she retired, he wanted back in.

I mean how many people would leave Miami and move to Cleveland? He saw the dark clouds coming.

Lebron James says HI :greedy_dollars:

They couldn't pay me enough to move to Cleveland...**** hole...

If he loved UM so much, he shouldn't have left for Al Lerner's money. It's that simple.

Butch loves Butch. He was playing the BBB like rubes to garner a groundswell of support. It went just as he orchestrated it, but UM didn't buy in.

Richt happens.

Chise, coin that phrase! Richt happens. It'll be our mantra as we make no apologies for bending over the ACC and soon the NCAA once again. Richt happens, sorry!

Somebody will steal it and make millions merchandising it while I remain in mom's basement wearing a greying wife beater and a perpetual scowl.

Yeah, maybe we should wait until he wins something anyway.

Richt happens.

Arch and crew got worked.
They got played like the archbishop Don Magic Juan's does hoes.

Chuuuch!

Advertisement
I wanted Butch, but think about this, in a few years we may well be looking for another coach because of his age. With Richt we got at least 10 years IMO with him. And I think he can actually load us up more than UGA. Access to way more players and inferior opponents.

Feel bad for Butch mane, he's starting to remind me of that old dude sitting in the club full of teenagers wearing FUBU gear.

Advertisement
i think we all loved butch--who wouldn't after the success but once richt became available I felt it was a no-brainer.

I really feel bad. Butch has no business as a HC at this point. The flirtation was clearly a courtesy with this as the only outcome.

Butch Davis is and will always be a Canes Legend. Thanks for everything coach!!!!

Advertisement
Butch was never ever coming back here. Interview was just for show. Ive said it all year and most people were in fantasyland and denial. If he was hired it woulda been a desperate move to give a temperary boost and interest in the program. Richt was a homerun hire. butch was fools gold. We all appreciate Butch for what he did but that was a long time ago and woulda been a major mistake to bring him back.

These threads are so stupid, and a waste of space in the forums. We have our coach and are moving forward...so can everybody just move on and forget about it?

it was interesting to hear him speak this AM on the radio regarding the hiring process etc. Also, lots of BBB supporters said he was only interested in the UM job which turns out is wrong.
Anyone with a shred of common sense knew it wasn't UM or nothing for Butch. And that's part of the reason a few of us had enough of the BBBtards. They lost touch with reality and became radicalized mutants.

Butch should be mad at South Carolina. Can't blame UM for hiring Richt over him. Anyone with an IQ above that of a bowl of gravy would have done that. South Carolina hired a completely incompetent psychopath instead of even considering listening to Butch.

Man would he be a good fit at SCe, thank god for their ineptness Butch would be a huge pain in the *** from there.

Dabo would treat him like he did Folden. He'd play connect the dots on Butch's freckles with a facial pop shot.

Butch would fail miserably at a place like USCe where he'd have to play good competition every week and not have a monster talent advantage.

Richt happens.

Yeah, maybe we should wait until he wins something anyway.

No need to wait. Strike while the iron's hot. The facquit who made those tie tshirts for Folden's **** shots made a killing.

Advertisement
Heard him on 790 this morning and boy did he sound sour.

When asked if he was given a fair chance he said he didnt know. All he knows is he got an interview like everyone else.

When asked if he would coach elsewhere he said yes.

When asked who his staff would have been all he said was he got tons of calls and texts per day (just like richt) from coaches in the pros.

Was happy with the out pour of support from the BBB crew and fans.

Gave no support to Richt and says he doesnt know him.

So I guess one thing is for sure, he wants to coach and no one else is hiring him. Hmmm. Makes the Richt hire look all the better.

He doesn't know about Richt but he is getting paid as college football analyst? Yep, bitter.

Butch is the 50 year old chick who starves herself to stay skinny, bleaches her hair to fend off the gray, put the stupid fake **** in, and works out so hard to stay in shape that she's developing an acromegalic jaw. Yet she got dumped for the 28 year old chick who doesn't do any of that stuff but just looks great naturally.

Advertisement
Back