Butch Davis Seems Bitter

So now the BBB crew is trying to make it out to be a massive conspiracy to pay Butch back......

b/c it couldn't POSSIBLY be that Miami saw him as a 65 year old guy who hadn't had success in 15 years and was nothing more than a fallback.

Advertisement
just wondering was this interview process a revenge tactic to get back at Butch. I mean, think about it; it was first initially reported that some higher ups were still bitter in the way he left. He verbally said he would not leave the program, and then left to go to the Cleveland Browns, leaving Miami with their pants down (now, sure, Donna played apart in this decision). 15 years later, from all reports, a verbal deal was in place, Butch was starting to get things lined up, and bam...the admin goes a different direction...this time leaving Butch w/ his pants down.

It was just a thought that came across my mind, after one of my friends, who's a life-long Canes fan, brought it to my attention.

The admin (at least the leaks we heard from) said consistently that Butch was only a fall-back option, a last resort if all the better candidates fell through. They didn't play Butch for a sucker...he knew where he stood from the beginning.

just wondering was this interview process a revenge tactic to get back at Butch. I mean, think about it; it was first initially reported that some higher ups were still bitter in the way he left. He verbally said he would not leave the program, and then left to go to the Cleveland Browns, leaving Miami with their pants down (now, sure, Donna played apart in this decision). 15 years later, from all reports, a verbal deal was in place, Butch was starting to get things lined up, and bam...the admin goes a different direction...this time leaving Butch w/ his pants down.

It was just a thought that came across my mind, after one of my friends, who's a life-long Canes fan, brought it to my attention.

This thought crossed my mind as well. Do we know that they gave him a verbal offer?

I think Butch is our coach if Richt hadn't gotten canned by GA.

"If I Never Left". That could be on a headstone of a mutually shared grave of Butch and Howard.

Butch needs to take a DC job somewhere asap (please not UCF) and hope that opens more doors for him to get a HC job within like 2 years. That really seems like his only play at this point.

"If I Never Left". That could be on a headstone of a mutually shared grave of Butch and Howard.

Butch needs to take a DC job somewhere asap (please not UCF) and hope that opens more doors for him to get a HC job within like 2 years. That really seems like his only play at this point.

If I were Butch I'd stick to being a TV analyst.

Advertisement
These threads are so stupid, and a waste of space in the forums. We have our coach and are moving forward...so can everybody just move on and forget about it?

it was interesting to hear him speak this AM on the radio regarding the hiring process etc. Also, lots of BBB supporters said he was only interested in the UM job which turns out is wrong.
Anyone with a shred of common sense knew it wasn't UM or nothing for Butch. And that's part of the reason a few of us had enough of the BBBtards. They lost touch with reality and became radicalized mutants.

Butch should be mad at South Carolina. Can't blame UM for hiring Richt over him. Anyone with an IQ above that of a bowl of gravy would have done that. South Carolina hired a completely incompetent psychopath instead of even considering listening to Butch.

I would have been happy with Butch coaching again at UM, but all things considered, we got the right guy

Advertisement
If he loved UM so much, he shouldn't have left for Al Lerner's money. It's that simple.

Butch loves Butch. He was playing the BBB like rubes to garner a groundswell of support. It went just as he orchestrated it, but UM didn't buy in.

Richt happens.

Chise, coin that phrase! Richt happens. It'll be our mantra as we make no apologies for bending over the ACC and soon the NCAA once again. Richt happens, sorry!

These threads are so stupid, and a waste of space in the forums. We have our coach and are moving forward...so can everybody just move on and forget about it?

it was interesting to hear him speak this AM on the radio regarding the hiring process etc. Also, lots of BBB supporters said he was only interested in the UM job which turns out is wrong.
Anyone with a shred of common sense knew it wasn't UM or nothing for Butch. And that's part of the reason a few of us had enough of the BBBtards. They lost touch with reality and became radicalized mutants.

Butch should be mad at South Carolina. Can't blame UM for hiring Richt over him. Anyone with an IQ above that of a bowl of gravy would have done that. South Carolina hired a completely incompetent psychopath instead of even considering listening to Butch.

Man would he be a good fit at SCe, thank god for their ineptness Butch would be a huge pain in the *** from there.

Advertisement

Man would he be a good fit at SCe, thank god for their ineptness Butch would be a huge pain in the *** from there.

Like he was at UNC, an actual better program?

He gave Miami some great years but it's over now.

I was a BBB guy early on, but they found someone that is younger, also knows how to recruit NFL talent, has coached within the last 5 years, and to them, isn't tainted with scandals and bad blood.

Both parties should move on.

He could not overcome the questions surrounding John Blake which are really unexplainable.

A program with our history of NCAA issues could not take a chance.

Advertisement
I still think Butch was who we needed, but I understand the school picking Mark. He is perfect for them and an excellent coach who causes no trouble. That said we did all we could to get Butch in. I do not blame him jumping ship to NFL but he is the one who left. So while I wanted him very badly, I have no pity on him. He should have waited one more year.

I didn't hear the interview but based on what has been posted about it, is it safe to assume that he wasn't offered the job only to have the offer rescinded when Richt became available as some have insinuated?

If he loved UM so much, he shouldn't have left for Al Lerner's money. It's that simple.

Never can fault a man for taking a huge pay day.

Agreed. But, if he loved UM so much, he wouldn't have left.

Wouldn't blame him! He got paid 5 times more to coach at the NFL level; which is a dream for most up and coming coaches; while we were penny pinching and getting booted out of the OB. Maybe you need to look at PDee who oversaw this mess of a dept.

Youre not counting his 5 years + of unempmoyment.

Advertisement
Back