Butch Davis Seems Bitter

I'd be bitter too if no one wanted me. Butch was passed over for a sociopath who failed miserably at a much better job than the USCe job. What does that say about Butch?

Maybe he can replace Dino Babers at Bowling Green?

Advertisement
Butch is the 50 year old chick who starves herself to stay skinny, bleaches her hair to fend off the gray, put the stupid fake **** in, and works out so hard to stay in shape that she's developing an acromegalic jaw. Yet she got dumped for the 28 year old chick who doesn't do any of that stuff but just looks great naturally.

And the 28 year-old chick doesn't sleep around either.

If he loved UM so much, he shouldn't have left for Al Lerner's money. It's that simple.

Never can fault a man for taking a huge pay day.

Agreed. But, if he loved UM so much, he wouldn't have left.

Wouldn't blame him! He got paid 5 times more to coach at the NFL level; which is a dream for most up and coming coaches; while we were penny pinching and getting booted out of the OB. Maybe you need to look at PDee who oversaw this mess of a dept.

Never trusted Dee. Once a Gaturd. Always a Gaturd.

I'd be bitter too if no one wanted me. Butch was passed over for a sociopath who failed miserably at a much better job than the USCe job. What does that say about Butch?

Maybe he can replace Dino Babers at Bowling Green?

He doesn't want to be the guy to replace the guy.

Advertisement
Heard him on 790 this morning and boy did he sound sour.

When asked if he was given a fair chance he said he didnt know. All he knows is he got an interview like everyone else.

When asked if he would coach elsewhere he said yes.

When asked who his staff would have been all he said was he got tons of calls and texts per day (just like richt) from coaches in the pros.

Was happy with the out pour of support from the BBB crew and fans.

Gave no support to Richt and says he doesnt know him.

So I guess one thing is for sure, he wants to coach and no one else is hiring him. Hmmm. Makes the Richt hire look all the better.

He doesn't know about Richt but he is getting paid as college football analyst? Yep, bitter.

That's not what he said. He said he didn't know him personally. Romberg asked Butch what kind of relationship he has with Richt. Of course he knows OF him. I know of him. But I don't know him. Get it?

The pile-on mentality of this board is pathetic.

just wondering was this interview process a revenge tactic to get back at Butch. I mean, think about it; it was first initially reported that some higher ups were still bitter in the way he left. He verbally said he would not leave the program, and then left to go to the Cleveland Browns, leaving Miami with their pants down (now, sure, Donna played apart in this decision). 15 years later, from all reports, a verbal deal was in place, Butch was starting to get things lined up, and bam...the admin goes a different direction...this time leaving Butch w/ his pants down.

It was just a thought that came across my mind, after one of my friends, who's a life-long Canes fan, brought it to my attention.

This comes from believing all those so called insiders that had no real knowledge of anything.

Some said it was a done deal and he would take over after Thanksgiving. A lot of Butch groupies believed this stuff.

Heard him on 790 this morning and boy did he sound sour.

When asked if he was given a fair chance he said he didnt know. All he knows is he got an interview like everyone else.

When asked if he would coach elsewhere he said yes.

When asked who his staff would have been all he said was he got tons of calls and texts per day (just like richt) from coaches in the pros.

Was happy with the out pour of support from the BBB crew and fans.

Gave no support to Richt and says he doesnt know him.

So I guess one thing is for sure, he wants to coach and no one else is hiring him. Hmmm. Makes the Richt hire look all the better.

He doesn't know about Richt but he is getting paid as college football analyst? Yep, bitter.

That's not what he said. He said he didn't know him personally. Romberg asked Butch what kind of relationship he has with Richt. Of course he knows OF him. I know of him. But I don't know him. Get it?

The pile-on mentality of this board is pathetic.

I know he doesn't know him personally. He can still comment on him as a coach. That's what I thought the question was addressing.

Advertisement
Wanted Butch, too, although I couldn't stop thinking about how Joe Gibbs failed at Washington the second time around. I never thought we could get a coach like Mark because we've always been so cheap. Props to the admins for finally ponying up. You can bet we would be stuck with a Schiano or Cristobal type hire if Shalala was still in charge.

Now we can set a new course and move on.

As we saw with the next three coaching hires after Butch, the athletic department was cheap as ****. You can blame Butch for leaving, but the funding for anything football related was not in the University's plan from 2000-2012.

Last edited:
I'm amused that Canes are actually worried about Butch Davis' feelings. Butch beat the gators and set the table for multiple runs at the national title, but he left us (our players and Canes) to go to Cleveland. It's not like he coached us to a national championship, and then we forced him to leave wrongly and have more recently refused to hire him back. He is where he is because of his choices. My sentiment is thanks and good luck to him.

Advertisement
50 years from now, the then-coach of the Canes will be failing and there will be BBB threads all over the forum. It will will never go away.

just wondering was this interview process a revenge tactic to get back at Butch. I mean, think about it; it was first initially reported that some higher ups were still bitter in the way he left. He verbally said he would not leave the program, and then left to go to the Cleveland Browns, leaving Miami with their pants down (now, sure, Donna played apart in this decision). 15 years later, from all reports, a verbal deal was in place, Butch was starting to get things lined up, and bam...the admin goes a different direction...this time leaving Butch w/ his pants down.

It was just a thought that came across my mind, after one of my friends, who's a life-long Canes fan, brought it to my attention.

I think it's much more realistic to say those reports of a deal being reached were premature at best and likely flat out wrong. There are a lot more reports indicating Richt was the guy they wanted from day 1. Richt confirmed as much in his introductory press conference. UM reached out to him as soon as Golden was fired. They were on him the moment he was fired from UGA and stayed on him until the deal was done.

Butch was the right guy for Miami post Folden. :rustled: Looks like everyone stands with Blake James and his decision. I'm not crowning Jesus Christ Superstar until a.) hires a great staff. b.) signs a great class c.) wins.

Could Butch have gone all Botch Freckles and **** the bed? Of course, there's no sure thing in CFB.

What we do know is Al Golden was fired, thank god. So, really excited for a fresh start. Time to change the avatar.

Advertisement
These threads are so stupid, and a waste of space in the forums. We have our coach and are moving forward...so can everybody just move on and forget about it?

it was interesting to hear him speak this AM on the radio regarding the hiring process etc. Also, lots of BBB supporters said he was only interested in the UM job which turns out is wrong.
Anyone with a shred of common sense knew it wasn't UM or nothing for Butch. And that's part of the reason a few of us had enough of the BBBtards. They lost touch with reality and became radicalized mutants.

Butch should be mad at South Carolina. Can't blame UM for hiring Richt over him. Anyone with an IQ above that of a bowl of gravy would have done that. South Carolina hired a completely incompetent psychopath instead of even considering listening to Butch.

Man would he be a good fit at SCe, thank god for their ineptness Butch would be a huge pain in the *** from there.

Dabo would treat him like he did Folden. He'd play connect the dots on Butch's freckles with a facial pop shot.

Butch would fail miserably at a place like USCe where he'd have to play good competition every week and not have a monster talent advantage.

some of you people are so disrespectful to the man that gave larry ***ing coker of all people a chance at not 1 but 2 national championships with players alone

it's ***ing disgraceful

Some of you are typical immature juveniles.

Honor the man for what he did for us and be respectful.

He is the sole reason why we are not "SMU" today. The very reason why people believe we can come back to play for another NC....

What he did gives us hope.

He can have as much of a beef as any other Cane fan. He gave his all to rebuild this program after the worst scandal. And within years of his departure, this administration let the program go down the tubes to an even worse scandal.... destroying everything he built. Some of you never gave their all to help someone or something succeed. so you wouldn't know.

Yes he wanted to come back. so what?

Have an ounce of dignity.

Let him go out in peace.

Last edited:
Last time, Botch left UM for a once in a lifetime opportunity. This time, UM passed on Botch for a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Turnabout is fair play, Botch. No need to act like a grumpy old man.

I love Butch. I would have been happy to have him back. Mark Richt was a better candidate though. If Schiano or Strong had been hired over Butch there would be a reason for bitterness.

Advertisement
Back