Butch Davis on Joe Rose???

all of this is going to backfire on Butch.. calling out the coach and actively saying you want the job, while a coach is still on the team.

Here's an example of why this site should administer an IQ test in return for the privilege to post on this site.

Advertisement
P
all of this is going to backfire on Butch.. calling out the coach and actively saying you want the job, while a coach is still on the team.

Backfire? How? Right now, he doesn't have the job. If he makes the U mad, he still won't have the job. To backfire, your actions have to make things worse for you.
safe tp say teams arent lining up to hire Butch as a Hc(maybe small, small schools). Miami perhaps is his only shot at being a division one HC. criticizing the current regime, isnt gonna sit well with those who run the football program and those whom make the hiring/firing process.

Meaningless

Backfire? How? Right now, he doesn't have the job. If he makes the U mad, he still won't have the job. To backfire, your actions have to make things worse for you.
safe tp say teams arent lining up to hire Butch as a Hc(maybe small, small schools). Miami perhaps is his only shot at being a division one HC. criticizing the current regime, isnt gonna sit well with those who run the football program and those whom make the hiring/firing process.

The current regime doesn't want to hire Butch anyway. Clearly others have some fear also. Butch is playing the cards he has. He saved Miami from even worse situation before. He is the one name that will give program instant status in recruiting equal to SEC and FSU. Making up all the shortcomings of their cheap dealings in the pass. The U 2 gave Butch a huge chance for resurgence and he is striking while that is hot. Sadly, he has little chance with our pathetic administration so placing this pressure on them doesn't hurt him.

Pressure must be kept up. In fact, it needs to escalate.

The reasons why butch name is on everyone's mind is because

A). He our last coach to make it work and he isn't that old.

B). The U part 2

If The U part 2 never was released we wouldn't be hearing **** about BD.

Time will tell if we are actually persuing him. I highly doubt we even interview him if ... IF AG IS ACTUALLY FIRED.

Advertisement

B). The U part 2

Time will tell if we are actually persuing him. I highly doubt we even interview him if ... IF AG IS ACTUALLY FIRED.

A. I agree

B. People were wanting Butch way before that released

B). The U part 2

Actually, people on this board were bringing him up during the beginning of the season. The U part 2 just got more people on board and shut those up who questioned why he was brought up in the first place.

Advertisement
My guess is Butch is getting his name out there in case golden gets fired. He's building momentum to get rehired in case golden is fired and getting the fans to clamor for him.

Lets say golden is fired over the weekend, the name everyone will be mentioning is Butch davis. The fans will be demanding/begging and his name will already be at the forefront of potential candidates.

So either Butch has inside info that golden will be fired if he loses or he's just hoping it happens cause if it doesn't, it may take some of the wind out of his sails if he has to wait another year.

I already emailed James requesting Butch back. Hopefully i am not the only one.

Email him again to also pack his bags and get his sorry *** out of here with Folden.

u know who doenst want butch back at UM? Nick Saban. he knows that is one man and one program that can challenge his dominance.

The entire SEC doesn't want Butch back at UM. With the new playoff, how do you keep the Cane out of HC game two or three years from now? What Butch did last time in recruiting is nothing to what he will do this time. After The U 2, Butch at Miami will have whoever he wants. What kid would not want to have "Butch Davis recruit" on his resume? The NFL surely remembers Butch's recruits.

I ask all the Butch slurpers, why would it take him 2-3 years to make it in the playoff? Why not year 1?

u know who doenst want butch back at UM? Nick Saban. he knows that is one man and one program that can challenge his dominance.

The entire SEC doesn't want Butch back at UM. With the new playoff, how do you keep the Cane out of HC game two or three years from now? What Butch did last time in recruiting is nothing to what he will do this time. After The U 2, Butch at Miami will have whoever he wants. What kid would not want to have "Butch Davis recruit" on his resume? The NFL surely remembers Butch's recruits.

I ask all the Butch slurpers, why would it take him 2-3 years to make it in the playoff? Why not year 1?

A complete overhaul of defensive scheme, philosophy, and mentality/attitude would require the acclamation year. Only one year to accomplish that would be impressive.

usually there's a lost year in recruiting with changing of coaches.

however, with how badly our recruiting is now combined with the U part 2 being just released, Butch will not only salvage but KILL recruiting even with the short time he would have.

Advertisement

Rome wasn't built in a day youngin.

Because Golden has been recruiting for four years here.

And Butch will lose one year by un-******** this jug *** Golden has put in place - but THEN - look out!

Keep in mind, Butch will lose a number of players - it's going to be tough - and the ones that elect to stay going to be - what's the word - challenged. Severely challenged.

Advertisement
This is like when Leach was begging for the job...

Except that Butch was an NFL head coach, NFL champion coordinator, built the greatest team in college history, generated more first rounders than any coach ever, while Mike Leach is 3-9 in his third year at Wazzou, and never won **** in his life. Yes, real similar.

I'm not sure about Saban, but I know **** well Jimbo is happy we still have Golden ****ting the bed for us.

**** like this always get me so excited initially. After like 10 minutes though I start thinking of who our decision makers are and who is running our school and athletic dept. Reality crashes me back to earth and I feel even more depressed about our plight. I want this to happen so bad but anyone who thinks it will, I believe is delusional. Never have I hoped more that I be wrong than now. #BBB

I have trouble believing that this situation will be allowed to persist, especially if the evidence on the field suggests that the program is totally broken. I think they've wanted Al to find his own way out, because it's cheaper, but I don't think they'll let the whole 2015 season go down the tubes. Nobody's that ******* stupid -- are they?

See, this worries me. I really feel as though our BOT will wait until the next president is hired to solve this football situation.

Give the new president an opportunity to get their person in at AD and give that AD a chance to get his person in charge of the football program.

I truly feel as if they're willing to waste a year in order to get new leadership set up before they deal with the mess that is Miami football.

BBB! If they don't do it now, they can say "goodbye" to any of my money or support for the rest of what remains of my life! ####them! Enough incompetence is enough!

Can't wait to see what clueless nimrod ends up being President of this so-called institution of higher learning. It's terrible to feel like this about your alma mater, but it is what it is.

Kiss my ###, Miami!

Advertisement
Back