Butch Davis... Here's why:

Advertisement
I'm OK with butch. Stabilize the program with solid coordinator hires and bring talent. He will bring the recruits, unsure who doesn't believe that can happen.

Inject excitement back into the program then hand the keys off to Manny Diaz or Cristobal years down the road.

As someone mentioned, being honest we aren't winning a title the next 3 years.

everyone is worried about paying enormous buyouts, Butch is making $1MM a year

If you want to win. Money should not be an issue.

Butch is a proven quantity here and we don't need another person that doesn't get what the U is about

That was almost 20yrs ago? Does it translate to today ?

Butch can recruit and if we aren't paying players like the SEC then we need every other advantage in recruiting we can get as we are losing players from our area every year

Can he? I seriously don’t know he can?

Butch can get players that want the NFL, has developed a ton of NFL talent, more than every other potential candidate

This might be true.

He is not going to the NFL, he appreciates the U more than any other candidate and he has paid his penance.

Does this matter?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was never sold on Butch coming back, but if he’ll take $2 million and pay his OC and DC $1.5 each and have more money for position coaches I’m open to it. Would take an elite staff for me to be completely on board though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Butch or Barbers. That’s it. Don’t know what the others can do here, but we’ve seen what Butch can do and Babers has done a great job with another moribund program in Syracuse.

I’m tryna think of a single coach who returned to a job after leaving and had similar results or better to their previous stop. Y’all boys love some ******* recycled coaches.

Advertisement
Back