Butch Davis... Here's why:

Butch or Barbers. That’s it. Don’t know what the others can do here, but we’ve seen what Butch can do and Babers has done a great job with another moribund program in Syracuse.

We seen what butch could do 20 yrs ago. Can he find the diamonds in the rough 20 yrs later? That is his claim to fame

Advertisement
No thanks. Butch is washed up. We need new blood
No, he is not washed up. He's taken a perennial doormat at FIU and turned them into a winner. He is far from washed up. No-one will excite the fanbase more and recruit better than Butch. We would be back to elite status in 2-3 years, if he is hired. He is an incredible evaluator of talent and recruits would line up to play for him. It's insane to think he wouldn't do a great job for us. Let's get back to excellence now!!

I was never sold on Butch coming back, but if he’ll take $2 million and pay his OC and DC $1.5 each and have more money for position coaches I’m open to it. Would take an elite staff for me to be completely on board though

So let’s take the cheapest available?. I don’t think the Winning programs of the world think like this

Didn't he start loading up UNC with NFLers?? That wasn't 20yrs ago
And we saw where that got them. Did UNC win with that loaded roster?

Why could he only get a gig at Fiu when he was begging to coach somewhere? Even now with his great season at Fiu will a bigger school hire him?

Advertisement
So let’s take the cheapest available?. I don’t think the Winning programs of the world think like this

You’re only getting Butch cheap. Spend the rest of the money on top assistants. If he can evaluate talent and close in the living room he can be a CEO type. Let him set the standard and have young innovative guys around him put their systems in place.

Advertisement
If everyone is worried about paying enormous buyouts, Butch is making $1MM a year

Butch is a proven quantity here and we don't need another person that doesn't get what the U is about

Butch can recruit and if we aren't paying players like the SEC then we need every other advantage in recruiting we can get as we are losing players from our area every year

Butch can get players that want the NFL, has developed a ton of NFL talent, more than every other potential candidate

He is not going to the NFL, he appreciates the U more than any other candidate and he has paid his penance.

HIRE BUTCH DAVIS!

With all due respect, all these were traits Butch had in the past. No one can deny what he accomplished. That's history.

But in the here and now, If he's such a great talent evaluator and great recruiter why hasn't he done it for FIU?

Where are the players he developed for the NFL from FIU?

Butch was great when he was here ......BUT the facts now seem to say that the magic is gone, it's in the past

Advertisement
Back