Butch Davis... Here's why:

Let him come back and build the program back to its former glory and retire in style. Dorsey qb coach, Reed safety coach., maybe Ray?

OMG, that would be too awesome if that became a reality. Thank God the pain point is finally gone and gone with him shall be all of his lackeys too. I’d love to have Butch back in Orange & Green!!!

Advertisement
If everyone is worried about paying enormous buyouts, Butch is making $1MM a year

Butch is a proven quantity here and we don't need another person that doesn't get what the U is about

Butch can recruit and if we aren't paying players like the SEC then we need every other advantage in recruiting we can get as we are losing players from our area every year

Butch can get players that want the NFL, has developed a ton of NFL talent, more than every other potential candidate

He is not going to the NFL, he appreciates the U more than any other candidate and he has paid his penance.

HIRE BUTCH DAVIS!
ANother stupid Butch thread! Give it up! Old man Butch is not coming back! Please no more Butch threads, they so boring!

U have to pay him alot so he can put an all star staff together
Flake needs to admit he F'd up the first hire, then call Butch and apologize for being ignorant to hiring football coaches, and say Butch I can give you xxxx money to put a staff together, do it as you see fit. So what, Butch has 6-8 mill to work with, Butch knows every coach out there worth a damm, has Jimmy as a free consultant, and who I'm sure would make a few calls and say hey, we're getting a band together here in Miami to topple Baja, and bam !! We have a badass staff

Advertisement
butch.jpg

If everyone is worried about paying enormous buyouts, Butch is making $1MM a year

Butch is a proven quantity here and we don't need another person that doesn't get what the U is about

Butch can recruit and if we aren't paying players like the SEC then we need every other advantage in recruiting we can get as we are losing players from our area every year

Butch can get players that want the NFL, has developed a ton of NFL talent, more than every other potential candidate

He is not going to the NFL, he appreciates the U more than any other candidate and he has paid his penance.

HIRE BUTCH DAVIS!
Go away

Advertisement
I think Butch wants, and will get an interview. I think certain members of the BoT will ensure an interview happens. We'll see what happens after that.

It will infuriate a lot of fans to acknowledge this, but Butch is the least risky hire. He does not have the biggest ceiling. But if you want to solidify the talent and program, he will do that, and hamd it to someone in 3-4 years.
Butch is hungry and is a recruiting machine. The guy built the greatest team in cfb history."

Advertisement
It will infuriate a lot of fans to acknowledge this, but Butch is the least risky hire. He does not have the biggest ceiling. But if you want to solidify the talent and program, he will do that, and hamd it to someone in 3-4 years.
Jesus man it makes too much sense I guess, we know what we're getting with Butch, anybody else, that we can afford, is just a crapshoot, and we are ON THE MAT here, we cannot F up this next hire

Jesus man it makes too much sense I guess, we know what we're getting with Butch, anybody else, that we can afford, is just a crapshoot, and we are ON THE MAT here, we cannot F up this next hire
Butch could be a savior. It would be a nice ending to his UM and career story. Fix and solidify talent and program, and hand it to someone who can win titles. We arent winning any titles for the next several years anyhow. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OMG, that would be too awesome if that became a reality. Thank God the pain point is finally gone and gone with him shall be all of his lackeys too. I’d love to have Butch back in Orange & Green!!!

I’m a BBB guy but the time to BBB was 4 years ago. I don’t think we can go that route now

Maybe it's the beer talking, but honestly, Butch is the UM coach I would love to see.

This is my alma mater and I'd love my kids to see Butch win a national championship here. My youngest wants to go to the U. No small part of me wants to see him bursting with pride at that choice.

I think Butch wants, and will get an interview. I think certain members of the BoT will ensure an interview happens. We'll see what happens after that.
I pray this happens. We badly need to get back to excellence. He absolutely will make it happen. He can then turn it over to a highly qualified successor in 5-7 years. Let's hope it doesn't get screwed up this time.

Advertisement
Back