Butch Boyz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honest question, How much longer does Butch hang around?

Not getting any younger and sense the game is passing him by. Little chance of making noise at FIU and no bigger job offerings on the horizon.

Are we the only fan base that trashes former coaches who built their last championship?

Nope. FSU ripped on Jimbo WHILE HE WAS THERE. UF ripped on Urban WHILE HE WAS THERE. You can find fans of both teams that hate on both of those coaches and wish they were the PREVIOUS coaches that won them titles. Those guys, they love.

Advertisement

Not getting any younger and sense the game is passing him by. Little chance of making noise at FIU and no bigger job offerings on the horizon.
He's doing what he loves without the pressure of big expectations. Why would he want to leave ever?

I am not a Butch Boi, because I do not want him as our coach again...but he's still clearly a good coach.

This man is going to have FIU in possibly their third straight bowl game in as many years.

If his best buddy Pete Garcia is still the AD at that hellhole Booch is probably trying to hang on long enough to steal his job.

Advertisement
How sad do you have to be to run down a former Canes coach who was the architect of our last championship?
He is running down the idiots that think he is good coach. He is not . He never really was . He was , WAS a great builder of a program and recruiter though. I respect what he did . But for anyone to think he had any business being a coach here again is sad.

I wonder if Arkansas will come calling. Butch is alumni and his name swirled around there in the past.

Advertisement
I’m not even that big of a Butch fan. But I’d take him over Manny any day. Even at age 69 or whatever he is now.

Are we the only fan base that trashes former coaches who built their last championship?
We are the only fan base who thinks that a former coach would be able to build a championship team in 2019 despite being terrible at his current head coaching gig.

You would think FIU has had the run that UCF just had with how people kept bringing up Butch.

UNC didn’t win anything even though he was cheating so it confuses me that people keep bringing him up.

I’m not even that big of a Butch fan. But I’d take him over Manny any day. Even at age 69 or whatever he is now.
You say that because of the team he built 20 years ago, which is not what you’ll be getting here at UM.

You are what your record says you are. He’s a mediocre at best coach at FIU.

Advertisement
Back