But Tell Us…

Which is crazy You’d be surprised how much of this **** is in their own culture as well..they think they get a pass by getting along to stay along 😂. Played baseball all throughout SFLA my whole..you’d be surprised at how some identify in order to get along

Cubans who **** on one another are thought this through a system and government that is created to form this mistrust and hatred for one another. They want full reliance on the government and promote an environment of snitching and mistrust towards the people.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Smh..idk who responsibility it is to tell them otherwise. But yea plenty do lol. A lot of that **** exist in Latin America. Can’t speak for all..but the ones I’ve known for years identify as white/Cuban

Race and ethnicity are two different things. A Cuban can be white or black. I come from a family of both. Race, regardless, shouldn't matter. It's a person's character and the way they treat others that should. I have been fortunate to have made great friends from all backgrounds, and the common thing that I find is we all want to be treated with respect.

Race and ethnicity are two different things. A Cuban can be white or black. I come from a family of both. Race, regardless, shouldn't matter. It's a person's character and the way they treat others that should. I have been fortunate to have made great friends from all backgrounds, and the common thing that I find is we all want to be treated with respect.
Facts

The world is full of racism. It was here long before us, and will be here long after we’re gone. I take special offense to what he said because it hits close to home. I was born in Cayo Hueso(Key West) and am a true Conch so I’m very familiar with the Cuban culture. My best friend in elementary school was Cuban. My little league coach was Cuban. They are some of the nicest and hardest working people you’ll ever meet. So yea, this guy is an idiot.

On a side note, I would kill for a breaded palomilla steak with black beans and rice, yuca with onions and a dash of lime, plaintains, and for dessert a fluffy guava cheese turnover. We have one Cuban restaurant here and it’s awful.
Did you go to KW high? Sorry about the lack of Cuban food in your life lol

Not sure what you saw in my post that made you think I said it was right.

Just that a majority of the state would completely disassociate with anything south of the lake if given the chance.
****, most of Miami feels that way about Miami too.

There's 2 possibly 3 Miami's if you're looking at from the standpoint of how the groups feel about each other.

Every group falls under the gun of someone else's prejudices & I can speak from my own personal experience that Miami was one of the two most racist cities I've ever been in, with Milwaukee being the other.

Sucks that he said that about Cubanos, but I could guarantee you there are Cubans who feel the exact same way about Haitians & Black people in general that he feels about Cubans.

And there are Blacks that feel that way about Whites or whichever other group you wanna insert in the circle of ignorance.

Its never ending because people only see what they wanna see, hear what they wanna hear & believe what they wanna believe.

Otherism, prejudice, racism, xenophobia etc.. is pretty much almost embedded in nearly every aspect of humanity for nearly all of human history. It's one of the greatest flaws that has kept us from collectively evolving as a species, especially consciously.

Advertisement
Disgusting, but what do you expect? Especially with the anonymity of the internet. So, yawn.

If this upsets you, don't go to the non-sports forums on here. lol
Link it... I've read the non sports forums .... show us proof . You're an LGBTQ++++ apologist in your feelings.

Link the rampant racism and I'll delete my account .

Link it... I've read the non sports forums .... show us proof . You're an LGBTQ++++ apologist in your feelings.

Link the rampant racism and I'll delete my account .
I'm not here to rat any individuals out. If you think all is copacetic over there that tells me all I need to know. Not sure what your second sentence has to do with the subject at hand.

As far as your offer, I couldn't give 2 ***** or a **** what you do with your account.

I'm not here to rat any individuals out. If you think all is copacetic over there that tells me all I need to know. Not sure what your second sentence has to do with the subject at hand.

As far as your offer, I couldn't give 2 ***** or a **** what you do with your account.
IDGAF about you either . Just rubs me the wrong way that you’re making accusations that hold no merit. You’re just mad because you’ve been called out as an advocate for child grooming etc …that’s why I put that in for perspective and reference . You’re a weird guy .

And no , you couldn’t link anything to back up what you claimed earlier because it doesn’t exist .

IDGAF about you either . Just rubs me the wrong way that you’re making accusations that hold no merit. You’re just mad because you’ve been called out as an advocate for child grooming etc …that’s why I put that in for perspective and reference . You’re a weird guy .

And no , you couldn’t link anything to back up what you claimed earlier because it doesn’t exist .
You're making no perspective or reference. Like many, you're a keyboard warrior who makes suppositions out of your ***. You're the weirdo following me obviously. Now, kindly go **** off.

who cares big deal GIF by Togetherness

Advertisement
Did you go to KW high? Sorry about the lack of Cuban food in your life lol
We moved out of Key West right before I started high school because it started to get so expensive to live there. My entire family went to KW High though(Dad, Mom, sisters, etc.) so I’m very familiar with it. I need to get back down there some day, but I’ve heard it’s changed so much now and is basically one big tourist trap. There’s very few true Conchs left…mostly transplants there now.

After doing some research. Mario Cristebal was born in the US. He’s an American…… Secondly being Cuban is not a race. So I don’t know how that comment is racist.. There are plenty of white and Black people that were born in Cuba. See below👇
Ethnic groups
(2012)[a][3]

And finally, what does dirty Cuban even mean? Are they referring to not showering or involved in illegal activities?
I'm Cuban and I agree with this. That crap doesn't bother me at all. You are correct that being Cuban does not refer to race. It refers to an ethnicity. I find his comments boorish and a bit goofy and immature. Now I will say that I find his comments to be very ethnocentric. Obviously this guy is an absolute Twaat Waffle but I'm not going to call him a racist. The irony is that based on his comment I would say that there is a very good chance that the guy is also a racist. I also think that as a whole, society in general has become too easily offended. Back when I was a kid outside playing ball with my friends, we used to razz each other relentlessly. We would call the Italian kid/s W0PS and Irish kids Micks, then they would tell me to get back on my raft. Then I would tell the kid with the Asian background that he should be getting back to his laundromat and the Jooish kid to go have a ham sandwich etc etc.... That was just good natured ball busting and nobody ever got ****ed or took it personally because it wasn't personal. We were all very close. Now, if anyone outside our group gave one of us a hard time because they were being malicious then the rest of us would pounce on that jerk immediately. Good times. None of this is directed at @CaneTheGaytors . He's my boy and I might see this issue a bit differently but I'm not trying to be argumentative in any way.

Last edited:
****, most of Miami feels that way about Miami too.

There's 2 possibly 3 Miami's if you're looking at from the standpoint of how the groups feel about each other.

Every group falls under the gun of someone else's prejudices & I can speak from my own personal experience that Miami was one of the two most racist cities I've ever been in, with Milwaukee being the other.

Sucks that he said that about Cubanos, but I could guarantee you there are Cubans who feel the exact same way about Haitians & Black people in general that he feels about Cubans.

And there are Blacks that feel that way about Whites or whichever other group you wanna insert in the circle of ignorance.

Its never ending because people only see what they wanna see, hear what they wanna hear & believe what they wanna believe.

Otherism, prejudice, racism, xenophobia etc.. is pretty much almost embedded in nearly every aspect of humanity for nearly all of human history. It's one of the greatest flaws that has kept us from collectively evolving as a species, especially consciously.
Absolutely. I can say that we probably have some of the craziest racism in South Florida. We have Cubans who hate people from other Latin countries and vice versa. ****, the Cubans who have lived here for a long time are prejudice against the ones who just got here. Caribbean black folks who are prejudiced against American black folks. White people who pretty much think all Spanish speaking people are Mexican. I mean everyone can find a reason to hate anyone here.

But….it’s also one of the most welcoming and diverse communities too. I’ve made friends with people from so many different cultures over the years. As a white/cuban dude who grew up in a very white neighborhood, I never knew other people would be so welcoming of people from different cultures. As I got older, moved around and met new people it’s been eye -opening and a true pleasure. To the point where when I think about moving, one of the main drawbacks is missing the variety. Plus I feel like most people are much cooler in real life than what we read on the internet. There’s a very vocal minority that likes to spew hate anonymously but I’d say most people are, at the very least cordial

Advertisement
We moved out of Key West right before I started high school because it started to get so expensive to live there. My entire family went to KW High though(Dad, Mom, sisters, etc.) so I’m very familiar with it. I need to get back down there some day, but I’ve heard it’s changed so much now and is basically one big tourist trap. There’s very few true Conchs left…mostly transplants there now.
I'm in Miami. Have played a lot of baseball against KW high which is why I asked. It has gotten much more touristy but it still has it's charm. The commercial fishing industry is tough so the town has to supplement income some how. I've seen a lot more touristy places that have lost their original charm. I don't consider Key West to be one of them and plenty of true blue conch's roaming around. If you're a visiting HS Baseball team they'll be sure to let you know.

Racism is lazy hatred

I’ll hate someone for sneezing the wrong way if we go down the list far enough
I hate those lazy airport sneezers sitting there waiting to board with their double latte Starbucks sniffling and repeatedly half sneezing pretending to be discreet as the snot protrudes from just one nostril too lazy to go grab a kleenex or toilet paper. Lazy baztards

I hate those lazy airport sneezers sitting there waiting to board with their double latte Starbucks sniffling and repeatedly half sneezing pretending to be discreet as the snot protrudes from just one nostril too lazy to go grab a kleenex or toilet paper. Lazy baztards
It’s always the double latte bro. Always.

Advertisement
You're trying to thread a very fine needle here. You're technically correct that it's not racist, it's xenophobic.

We're not analyzing an essay and pointing out syntax and grammatical errors and how the person's thesis statement betrays their conclusion on a technicality.

We're talking about a person from Ohio talking about not wanting to live in a place where there is "too many dirty Cubans." Let's call a spade a spade. The context is more than implied by the word "dirty."
My point is the word racist is labeled upon “WHITES “ freely nowadays for any thing even if the comment wasn’t technically racist….. You’re right he might be a racist… But that statement alone doesn’t qualify him as a racist is my point..And do we even know if he is white?

Cubans who **** on one another are thought this through a system and government that is created to form this mistrust and hatred for one another. They want full reliance on the government and promote an environment of snitching and mistrust towards the people.
That’s not an exclusively just in Cuba. We’re divided by our politics and ideologies in the US too.

I'm in Miami. Have played a lot of baseball against KW high which is why I asked. It has gotten much more touristy but it still has it's charm. The commercial fishing industry is tough so the town has to supplement income some how. I've seen a lot more touristy places that have lost their original charm. I don't consider Key West to be one of them and plenty of true blue conch's roaming around. If you're a visiting HS Baseball team they'll be sure to let you know.
Oh really? I played baseball as well. I probably could have gone pro had I stuck with it, but I digress. Funny story, I actually played Little League with Mario Mira Jr. and his father Mario Mira Sr. was one of my coaches. They were related to the great George Mira. My family was actually pretty close friends with The Mira’s.

Advertisement
Back