But Tell Us…

Oh really? I played baseball as well. I probably could have gone pro had I stuck with it, but I digress. Funny story, I actually played Little League with Mario Mira Jr. and his father Mario Mira Sr. was one of my coaches. They were related to the great George Mira. My family was actually pretty close friends with The Mira’s.
My uncle was a Dade County firefighter with George Mira Jr. About two years ago we went to have lunch just us 3 (My uncle, Mira Jr., and I) I took the old Sports illustrated issue from 1963 with Sr. on the cover and he took it to get signed by Sr and got it back to me.

Advertisement
My uncle was a Dade County firefighter with George Mira Jr. About two years ago we went to have lunch just us 3 (My uncle, Mira Jr., and I) I took the old Sports illustrated issue from 1963 with Sr. on the cover and he took it to get signed by Sr and got it back to me.
That’s awesome. Yea I’m too young to have seen George play but my dad said he was incredible.

I'm Cuban and I agree with this. That crap doesn't bother me at all. You are correct that being Cuban does not refer to race. It refers to an ethnicity. I find his comments boorish and a bit goofy and immature. Now I will say that I find his comments to be very ethnocentric. Obviously this guy is an absolute Twaat Waffle but I'm not going to call him a racist. The irony is that based on his comment I would say that there is a very good chance that the guy is also a racist. I also think that as a whole, society in general has become too easily offended. Back when I was a kid outside playing ball with my friends, we used to razz each other relentlessly. We would call the Italian kid/s W0PS and Irish kids Micks, then they would tell me to get back on my raft. Then I would tell the kid with the Asian background that he should be getting back to his laundromat and the Jooish kid to go have a ham sandwich etc etc.... That was just good natured ball busting and nobody ever got ****ed or took it personally because it wasn't personal. We were all very close. Now, if anyone outside our group gave one of us a hard time because they were being malicious then the rest of us would pounce on that jerk immediately. Good times. None of this is directed at @CaneTheGaytors . He's my boy and I might see this issue a bit differently but I'm not trying to be argumentative in any way.
No offense taken at all, brother. I grew up much like you in the same era.

Just thought the guy was a dirtbag for saying that.

That’s not an exclusively just in Cuba. We’re divided by our politics and ideologies in the US too.

Of course, the outcome for those who express a different opinion from popular belief is different, though. I can curse out the president here, and I'll be okay. You do that over there like my family did, and you will suffer.

Advertisement
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
As I said ..weird dude ....

Advertisement
We’ll free speech
Of course, the outcome for those who express a different opinion from popular belief is different, though. I can curse out the president here, and I'll be okay. You do that over there like my family did, and you will suffer.
We’ll free speech here with how things are going are trending in that direction..

Advertisement
Back