..but but CIS poRsters said Garcia is locked in with USC ...lol

I honestly don't believe Miami is really in the race, I think Lashlee is pushing hard, but I don't really think he wants to come here, that's just my opinion though.

I think he'll either stick with USC or flip to Ole Miss because they don't have a QB in their class, Kiffin & Jeff Lebby are good QB developers/recruiters, plus their system fits him better.

Didn't he come here on his own dime.. and then come back AGAIN, after seeing Miami, on his own dime once more? And THEN we added Lashlee?

You may be right, but there are some reasons to be optimistic if he's really back in play.

Advertisement
This is just silly.

D'Eriq King might come back for another year or he may be gone in 3 months. N'Kosi could leave at any point. Tathan probably never gets on the field again. Matocha is a big unknown at this time.

And for all of this, we should voluntarily give up on signing a QB, or sign some rando "athlete", all because we need to "stagger the years and skillsets" for Van Dyke? Good lord, we'd better surround Van Dyke with bubble wrap and let him take all of his classes from his dorm room, because we'd be one injury away from losing to GaTech.

Thank god you're not the head coach.
We lost to Ga Tech last year with no injuries..............

Advertisement
The only scenario that keeps him from signing with us, is if he performs at a very high level and we don't. Then you'll have the top SEC teams and possibly Clemson in the mix. But, I still think he signs with us. The only thing that keeps him from coming is Lashlee leaving.

Is the NCAA adding counters to the class max? Im pretty sure they’re deliberately not doing that even as they add counters to the team max. They want seniors to be able to stay another year if they were negatively impacted by Covid. But they don’t want more kids hitting the portal. So they’re keeping class size to 25.

The reason I wrote all that is that we’re at 22 commits already, and depending on how Walker/Williams is treated, we have at most 3 more commitments allowed, possibly only 2. And we desperately need another CB now.

So you can’t take BOTH a transfer QB and a high school QB. It’s either/or. And IMHO, a grad transfer is an absolute necessity for 2021.

2021: 1st = GT or TVD, backup = Matocha or Perry
2022: 1st = TVD, backup = Matocha or Perry, Scout = freshman (maybe 2)

IMO Immediately.

His pops gives me vibes that if Garcia ain't starting somewhere he's gonna push him to hit the portal.

Even if he signs with USC, if he don't play early I could see him transferring to somewhere else pretty quickly.
He’ll yeah, bro. This feels like Robert Marve light with the Dad. Sent his high school kid from Cali to Georgia- ok.

Besides, I’m tired of the statues of libertad back there. Give me a kid who can take off and make things happen with his legs out of Nada. That’s our future. We’re in a position, based on brand and location, to be preeminent in that offensive game.

Advertisement
Not sure if he's any good but for a guy that has only played 9 HS games there's a lot of hype behind Garcia.
Is this a case of physical traits over performance like the NFL draft.

Last edited:
The most recent, and only other staff he follows on his social media is Ol Miss staff... Kiffin and Lebby included

Advertisement
Not sure why we are recruiting him. Are we on anyone else? I'm interested in seeing how we (Lashlee) recruits QB's here. Malzahn (and Lashlee) always seemed to recruit guys that were just not a good fit for the O.

Advertisement
Is the NCAA adding counters to the class max? Im pretty sure they’re deliberately not doing that even as they add counters to the team max. They want seniors to be able to stay another year if they were negatively impacted by Covid. But they don’t want more kids hitting the portal. So they’re keeping class size to 25.

The reason I wrote all that is that we’re at 22 commits already, and depending on how Walker/Williams is treated, we have at most 3 more commitments allowed, possibly only 2. And we desperately need another CB now.

So you can’t take BOTH a transfer QB and a high school QB. It’s either/or. And IMHO, a grad transfer is an absolute necessity for 2021.

2021: 1st = GT or TVD, backup = Matocha or Perry
2022: 1st = TVD, backup = Matocha or Perry, Scout = freshman (maybe 2)

Look, if the QB situation becomes so desperate that we need to take 2 (i.e., any pair of Perry, Martell, Matocha choosing to leave), then I have no doubt that we will process out one of the current commits.

Just read that his parents legally separated so that Jake could legally move to Georgia. As well, his parents had him repeat eighth grade just so he would be more mature physically and mentally for sports.

Getting some Todd Marinovich vibes. Hope the kid does well, but between the above and his father and coaches interview this just seems like something I would stay away from

kinda feel bad for the kid. That’s an immense amount of pressure his family has put on him.

At this point my main concern are these coaches. I was under the impression Miami wanted to go to a spread attack with more of an athletic QB at the helm but they wants this guy. Reminds me of Shannon and his confused antics during his tenure. Another thing... aren't both his co-dc's on the sideline? Miami's booth presense is weak as he'll and has been for quite some time.

Advertisement
Back